U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 02:54 PM

25,982 posts, read 28,398,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
I don't know if this is just a coincidence, but for a few Fridays in a row, a priest was sitting at a table in front of our local Wal-Mart, collecting money for the homeless. I always try to contribute something to charities that set up in front of Wal-Mart when I can. This time I only had 50 cents on me when I came out of the Wal-Mart, but I gave it to him. Later that day, I found a $5.00 bill. The next Friday, he was there again, but I only had a handful of change to put in the jar. While I was out walking the next morning, I found a $5.00 bill by the side of the road.
I don't think so. Everytime I'd find those pennies I'd find out I was getting a check for hundreds sometimes thousands. It only happened after he died. I collect the pennies then do something with them like toss them in a Salvation Army Kettle or something like that or toss them on the shore line at the beach for little kids to find. Something always comes back 10 fold.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 05:40 PM

4,527 posts, read 5,473,536 times
sunday--after church--cabinet door flew open and dish flew out towards me landing at my feet and nothing nearby was moving near cabinet at time---getting tired of flickering lights in basement and ones that won't stay lit--power surges that dim apt lights---this stuff tends to escalate from now to christmas as per last year--still looking for another affordable place

Old 10-01-2012, 10:28 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,149,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
sunday--after church--cabinet door flew open and dish flew out towards me landing at my feet and nothing nearby was moving near cabinet at time---getting tired of flickering lights in basement and ones that won't stay lit--power surges that dim apt lights---this stuff tends to escalate from now to christmas as per last year--still looking for another affordable place
Wow! I can't imagine seeing something like that! I have never experienced anything paranormal although I have no doubt these things do occur. I am fascinated by these stories and feel very torn by wishing I could see something like that that was undeniable, and being terrified of seeing something like that. Maybe if I could witness something truly paranormal as long as it was NOT where I had to live.

Old 10-03-2012, 05:03 AM

20,873 posts, read 26,318,030 times
Last night we drove from our current home in PA to our "new" to us home in OH.
We aren't moving in for about a month, put we wanted to do some painting and landscaping.

When we were last here we lech a porch light on and there are sensor lights in the corners of the house.

It was getting dark when we left and we all distinctly remember turning off every light with the exception of the porch light.

When we got into town several hours ago. we all wanted to pass the house just to make sure that everything was OK and, well to admire our new home.

Imagine our surprise when EVERY LIGHT IN THE HOUSE WAS ON! It was lit up like a Jack Lantern.

Given my history with electrically hauntings and my feeling that the house was clean - i.e. free of negativity, I was more than a little freaked out.

Any thoughts? Oh no evidence of a break in at all. It's a very quiet neighborhood and three people in law enforcement are neighbors.

Old 10-03-2012, 02:32 PM

13,605 posts, read 11,341,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Last night we drove from our current home in PA to our "new" to us home in OH.
We aren't moving in for about a month, put we wanted to do some painting and landscaping.

When we were last here we lech a porch light on and there are sensor lights in the corners of the house.

It was getting dark when we left and we all distinctly remember turning off every light with the exception of the porch light.

When we got into town several hours ago. we all wanted to pass the house just to make sure that everything was OK and, well to admire our new home.

Imagine our surprise when EVERY LIGHT IN THE HOUSE WAS ON! It was lit up like a Jack Lantern.

Given my history with electrically hauntings and my feeling that the house was clean - i.e. free of negativity, I was more than a little freaked out.

Any thoughts? Oh no evidence of a break in at all. It's a very quiet neighborhood and three people in law enforcement are neighbors.

That would upset me, too. I wish I could offer something besides my warm wishes and hopes that this was a freak occurrence and that you'll experience nothing but happiness and peace in your new home.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:10 AM

18,847 posts, read 34,020,618 times
Random, unexpected events happen often. I wonder if things happened in my life as a "fate", for me to end up where I am now...for some unknown reason? I think so...maybe there is some strange "plan" for the way things happen in your life.

Old 10-05-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
sunday--after church--cabinet door flew open and dish flew out towards me landing at my feet and nothing nearby was moving near cabinet at time--

If that happened to me, I wouldn't need an exorcist or anything because the smell of me crapping my pants profusely would be enough to drive any spirit away.

I've experienced what I perceive to be paranormal activity, but only once was something unexplained and violent directed at me and that was a very long time ago.

Have you done the sage and salt cleansing and asked the spirit what it wants?

I got so frustrated with some poltergeist activity in my house several years ago that I said out loud " I don't know what you want from me. If you can turn the frickin shower on, you can leave a Beotch a sticky note"

I never got a sticky note, but the activity stopped.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:21 PM

29,467 posts, read 28,511,577 times
^^ The man with the keys... it's a long story. The last time that I heard him (it was a him) he was trying to get a key into my front door lock. I had fallen asleep on the couch and was awoken by the sound.

My son once crawled out onto the porch roof and called a neighbor because of a disturbance in the house.

Old 10-07-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
^^ The man with the keys... it's a long story. The last time that I heard him (it was a him) he was trying to get a key into my front door lock. I had fallen asleep on the couch and was awoken by the sound.

My son once crawled out onto the porch roof and called a neighbor because of a disturbance in the house.

Maybe when you have more time, you can expand on this, or is there a link to a previous thread that I could bother you to dig up?

Old 10-08-2012, 03:07 AM

29,467 posts, read 28,511,577 times
The family had moved into a new place. Every once in a while I would think that I had heard someone enter the front door and walk along the hall toward the kitchen. Well, sometimes no one was there. I more commonly just heard the footsteps but, if it was quiet in the house, I'd hear fumbling with keys, a key in the lock, the door open followed by the footsteps. This always happened very early evening when I was in the house alone. Hey, honey, I'm home!

We'd lived in that house for perhaps a couple of months when my son first heard the man with the keys. My husband was still at work or on the way home and I went down the road to pick up a couple of things from the grocery that I needed for dinner. When he, my son, heard someone enter the house, he call to us. No one answered. He walked to the top of the stairs and called again. Nothing. He became really frightened, thought that there might be a stranger in the house. Son ran back into his bedroom, locked the door and crawled out onto the porch roof. Thankfully, a neighbor walked down the street just moments later. She checked the doors and windows around the house and none of them had been breached. She waited for him on the porch then went in with him and checked the coat closet and garage, just in case.

It happened again about a month later but, this time, he heard the entire sequence: fumbling, lock, door, footsteps. Again, no one answered. He knew that something rather strange was happening. He made a mad dash for the front door and stayed a friend's house until he was sure that someone was at home.

Key man visited less frequently the longer that we lived there. I didn't hear him at all for a long time until he woke me at 2 AM that one night. That's not the right time to come home! I awoke to the sound of what may have been someone trying to insert a key into my front door lock or possibly trying to pick it. Then, I heard the familiar fumbling key noises. I just knew that it was him. After those few moments of terror, I felt rather annoyed. I said rather hotly, "Leave me alone!". He did. I never heard him again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal