U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 11:57 PM

5,244 posts, read 14,990,848 times

Advertisements

So very very very very many years ago when my kids were little I fell asleep in the living room one night. At some point I woke up to a little boy crying for his daddy. I thought it was one of my kids and went checking and nothing. Everyone asleep. So I crawled in bed myself but I couldn't get that cry out of my mind and brain. It just kept replaying. It was a scream, a begging child and it chilled me to the bone. Right now I've got goosebumps and I"m tearing up thinking of it.

I gave up trying to sleep after a while and went back to the couch to watch TV. Fell asleep again and this time had a dream. I could see a field - wheat, corn, something like that. In the very far distance a huge barn. I could hear that little boy again. Begging and pleading for his daddy to help him. As the crying and begging continued it was like I was hovering over that corn, getting closer and closer. Then I saw it. The body of a little boy that had been killed. Further away, closer to the barn was a young teen girl. Dead as well.

I woke up in tears, just sobbing. It was SO real. Weeks went by and my husband at the time went to KY to visit some family. When he came home I was cleaning out the car and found a newspaper. Didn't think much of it, just tossed it in the bag with the other garbage. But when I went to pick it up the headlines read that the body of a little boy and his babysitter had been found. The photo was that scene I'd seen; the barn and the field of wheat or whatever it was.

I went to pieces. It affected me for a long time. I never looked into it any further; I was freaked out and didn't want to know more. Still don't. But haven't had anything like that happen since. It's been probably close to 25 years or so now. Still gives me chills.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 01:26 PM

96 posts, read 155,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
So very very very very many years ago when my kids were little I fell asleep in the living room one night. At some point I woke up to a little boy crying for his daddy. I thought it was one of my kids and went checking and nothing. Everyone asleep. So I crawled in bed myself but I couldn't get that cry out of my mind and brain. It just kept replaying. It was a scream, a begging child and it chilled me to the bone. Right now I've got goosebumps and I"m tearing up thinking of it.

I gave up trying to sleep after a while and went back to the couch to watch TV. Fell asleep again and this time had a dream. I could see a field - wheat, corn, something like that. In the very far distance a huge barn. I could hear that little boy again. Begging and pleading for his daddy to help him. As the crying and begging continued it was like I was hovering over that corn, getting closer and closer. Then I saw it. The body of a little boy that had been killed. Further away, closer to the barn was a young teen girl. Dead as well.

I woke up in tears, just sobbing. It was SO real. Weeks went by and my husband at the time went to KY to visit some family. When he came home I was cleaning out the car and found a newspaper. Didn't think much of it, just tossed it in the bag with the other garbage. But when I went to pick it up the headlines read that the body of a little boy and his babysitter had been found. The photo was that scene I'd seen; the barn and the field of wheat or whatever it was.

I went to pieces. It affected me for a long time. I never looked into it any further; I was freaked out and didn't want to know more. Still don't. But haven't had anything like that happen since. It's been probably close to 25 years or so now. Still gives me chills.
Wow. This is a very haunting story. It gave me the chills just reading it!

Old 10-15-2012, 02:54 PM

1,287 posts, read 1,912,539 times
A few years ago I had gone to a local bar to hear a band. I had a few drinks over the course of the night but not so much that it would explain what happened next.

After I left the bar I got into my car and put the keys into the ignition, then suddenly the scene changed. I was a bit groggy but I was sitting uncomfortably in the passenger seat, on top of a bunch of papers and folders that I had stacked on the seat the day before. I had this terrible anxiety attack and I was parked in a neighborhood a mile or so from where I had gotten into the car. The area was lit in an intense orange glow. I quickly got out, ran to the other side of the car, got in and took off for home. If I recall correctly it was about 2 hours later than I expected it to be.

It was really confusing at the time. I look back and wonder if I had too much to drink and drove somewhere to sleep it off but I really don't think that's what happened since I remember being fully alert and cognizant when I left the bar. And I never drink much if I'm going out alone and usually stick around a while and drink lots of water. Furthermore the neighborhood I woke up in was in the opposite direction of the bar from my house. As for the orange glow I'd like to think it was sodium streetlamps but the area of the city I woke up in only has the older mercury-vapor lamps which have the more bluish color. And to top it off I can't really explain the strong anxiety attack. It's something that I never experienced before except as a child when I used to have recurring nightmares.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:26 PM

24 posts, read 47,487 times
strange thing happened most recent ( lol i have a long list!) I was sat in the hospital last thursday at alder hay... my youngest daughter had just gone to theatre ( she is 2) and was a long wait, she had a hole closure, draining of blood in her lungs and heart. and a PDA block. I was sat on the long corridor near bye as i was fed up of walking about. And after a hour there ( 3 hours after she went in ) i was tearful and getting really lonely as i was alone and my husband was with the other children, my mums in hospital so i had no one with me.

I had my head in my hands thinking i wish time would speed up. When a lady said ' Aaliyah mum??' i looked up and the lady had thetre things on all in green. She sat down beside me, and said ' everythings gone real well, Dr Gladman did all the procedures, and we were suprised as the PDA was gaping and her heart was so full of fluid, we took out almost a pint of blood from her lungs and heart, but we've closed almost all the holes. Half a hour more and im sure she'll be in recovery' I was so pleased and grateful she had took the time too see me. and that she had found me as i was on a un used corridor.

She explained about how the machines had to work hard, and how Aaliyah was very breve, and a tough cookie, and know shed be a rocket full of energy and gain weight etc.....after a few mins of chatting she said too come to recovery in about 30-45 mins. and shed be out of theatre and she went.

I was so pleased, and felt over whelmed with joy after 2 years of desperation awaiting a heart transplant, that this had been done and now she could get a few good years with these things being done although she still has heart failiure and COPD its a big step that taken 2 years to get too.

At 4.15pm i headed to recovery, and was met by the dr, Dr Gladman, and he said hi, everything gone well she is in recovery etc etc.... I sat by her and held her hand. The nurse was chatting away too me, aabout her operation. And i said how good the Dr was that spoke to me.
She looked at me like 'deerr what???' So i told her, the Dr, lady had spoken to me and i told her what she had told me.... what she had said, i explained about the machines, and the blood etc... And i was sure her name was Dr M Walker or W Walker as it was on her badge.

After a few seconds silence, she told me only her (shirly) and men gentlemen Dr's were in theatre and one nurse who was a trainie named claire who was 29, that she was doing the machines etc and no one had been out and how did i know what had happened
The nurse, shirly, then asked what she looked like and i explained, she was young, around 45 and had dark short hair, looked somewhat old fashioned with her hair and make up. She was just a lovley lady and helped me relax.

Turned out, a doctor named Mary had worked as a pediatric doctor for 10 years and had died suddenly in 1960 and apparentl she has been spotted many a time by staff, but never spoken to them.
I was in denial, as i swear she was alive... she was solid, and in no way resembled a'ghost' in any way!.

Aaliyah was taken back to the ward, and i was telling the nurse looking after her... who told me the same thing. Still i did not belive... i was sure i must of got the name wrong, or it was anurse theyed forgot about.
But after her checking again, there was not another dr in the room, Nor is there anyone with that name or look/age.

Im now convinced after a week there and hearing the tales, and experiances of people she was not of this plane, BUT she was as real as you or me. Calming, and caring, and i think she still helps children and parents, but many would prob not mention it. She passed very suddenly apparently, and lived for her wrk.

I feel privledged that i spoke to her and she was there. I know most would not belive me, as to be honest it happened to me and i did not for a week.
Im sure The beau6tiful Dr Walker is still there helping the children get well, and those that dont im sure she helps over to heaven.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:27 PM

2,292 posts, read 2,942,404 times
My experience just lets me know my family are still with me.
Living back in the UK, all the children were at school the dog was in the garden it was a beautiful sunny day so I had windows open and I had spring cleaned all the way through the house. The double doors between the living room and dining room were closed as was the glass paned door between the dining room and kitchen. I went upstairs and changed to go out came back down and there was a bottle of brandy on the dining room floor. Standing out in the middle of the room, it couldn't have fallen as it was behind other bottles in the cabinet. So I put it back and closed the door, let the dog into the kitchen and went out. When I returned later the same brandy bottle was back standing upright in the middle of the floor. The house had been locked this time I got the chills.
Later talking to my mother on the phone I mentioned what had happened, she said things had been moving there too until she seperated some of the family photographs out. I looked at the cabinet and realised that I had a framed photo of my dad and another of a favourite aunt together so I put one on the mantle in the living room and left another in the dining room and never had a problem with moving brandy bottles again.
I believe it was their way of letting me know they were there and that they were both OK its never happened since so they (dad and aunt Edna) knew they'd made their presence felt.

My nana makes her presence felt all the time, I was only 3 when she passed over but I hear her voice in my right ear all the time (shes there now chuckling about the story about the others) I've been told shes my guardian angel and it gives me a sense of peace to know shes there.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:28 PM

6,661 posts, read 10,019,428 times
I love this thread. So many absolutely mindblowing experiences.

My most recent one isn't really mindblowing and I think is still ongoing.

My grandmother is actively dying now, we think. She's 100 and in the last 6 months has really gone downhill.

There are a lot of family issues that have really upset me for many years. Yesterday I woke up infuriated - just infuriated! thinking about one of them. It's a real pushes my button thing. I figured I must have had a dream about it. Just couldn't shake it all day. I've gotten used to recognizing when I have a very strong feeling out of the blue like that that it probably means something happened. But as this happened as I was waking up I figured it was a dream.

Come to find out later that day that in fact my grandmother went wandering alone and though she was ok, the reason for her being alone were directly connected to my hot button issue that infuriates me.

Last night I dreamed about her deceased dog - have never done that - it was more of a visit than a dream (you know how there's a difference). I think the dog was letting me know she was there for my grandmother...

Today I went to vote. This is a strange thing that probably deserves a new thread - I've read about this happening - where you're out somewhere and you see people that physically resemble your deceased loved ones. So two people in front of me was a dead ringer for a younger version of my father, and further up on line was a dead ringer for a younger version of this grandmother.

It's just a synchronicity I can't write off right now. As my grandmother is still alive (though in my gut I know she's going soon) I think more of this will come. I think it was John Holland who said something about seeing people who look like your loved ones - that it's not an accident.

Ah and one more - my dog has been following (with her eyes) something unseen around the living room today.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:14 AM

6 posts, read 8,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astron1000 View Post
A few years ago I had gone to a local bar to hear a band. I had a few drinks over the course of the night but not so much that it would explain what happened next.

After I left the bar I got into my car and put the keys into the ignition, then suddenly the scene changed. I was a bit groggy but I was sitting uncomfortably in the passenger seat, on top of a bunch of papers and folders that I had stacked on the seat the day before. I had this terrible anxiety attack and I was parked in a neighborhood a mile or so from where I had gotten into the car. The area was lit in an intense orange glow. I quickly got out, ran to the other side of the car, got in and took off for home. If I recall correctly it was about 2 hours later than I expected it to be.

It was really confusing at the time. I look back and wonder if I had too much to drink and drove somewhere to sleep it off but I really don't think that's what happened since I remember being fully alert and cognizant when I left the bar. And I never drink much if I'm going out alone and usually stick around a while and drink lots of water. Furthermore the neighborhood I woke up in was in the opposite direction of the bar from my house. As for the orange glow I'd like to think it was sodium streetlamps but the area of the city I woke up in only has the older mercury-vapor lamps which have the more bluish color. And to top it off I can't really explain the strong anxiety attack. It's something that I never experienced before except as a child when I used to have recurring nightmares.
has this ever happened before? ever find any unexplained wounds or scars?

Old 10-21-2012, 06:56 PM

16,482 posts, read 22,522,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astron1000 View Post

That would freak me out for sure, very strange.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:40 PM

6,661 posts, read 10,019,428 times
Last night had a dream about a total stranger, today I met the guy in the Home Depot.

Just weird. Tried to think of the significance of our conversation in the store (he worked there) and the dream (which was bizarre and involved pheasants) - can't really find one, but filing it away in "surely must have some meaning somehow"

Old 10-23-2012, 02:53 AM

4,610 posts, read 4,577,077 times
Seems as though, yall have had paranormal things happen and dont know why. I know why. The first time was i found this baby wild rabbit and kept it as a pet(i dont know eg) and one day, i saw its ghost scamper through the living room. About 30 min later my g/f looked in its cage to see it died.

Leme say, i can sense ghost. The more there are, the more anxiety sets in from the shear amount. Im not afraid of much if any, so when i got overwelmed at an old high school i worked at, i was surprised. Anyway, ive noticed that there was something here. Normally it kept quiet when i wasnt alone. Two days ago, my pagan friend came over to do a reading on me. My g/f had been laerning from him for a few months. He told me there was something here(big surprise) and after my reading i made him tell me what it was. He showed use one of the cards that fell for me, after talking to it and said it was what on the card; a domovoi. A normally neutral spirit that feeds on energy and amplifies it. We were advised not to argue and fight to much. She actually came out of my sons room, where she stays. She stood near me and talked to them. I could barelly see her. They could though. So turns out shes watching over my son vcause she likes me. I got a hug from her and she patted my head. It was really warm when she was near. I havent seen or felt or heard her hum scince then. I know shes good but it still is kinda creepy, she played a joke on us last night. That was just long story short.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal