Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 10:11 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times

Advertisements

Story time!

I'm one of those people that is either especially crazy or gets more than his fair share of the "spooky" side of existence, despite being a terminal skeptic but I'm always up for a good (true) paranormal story.

Two thing happened to our family last week that count as "paranormal" in my mind; the first was when I was getting ready for bed around 10:00 PM. I walked into the bathroom and noticed one of the medicine cabinet doors was open (maybe about 4 or 5 inches). It often is; the magnetic catch on the door is very weak and if it isn't closed all the way the door naturally hangs open like that because of simple gravity.

Anyway, as soon as the observation registered in my mind, the door shut all the way against gravity all by itself without touching it, no wind or any logical reason for it to have done so. I've seen things move on their own here before so after a quick (failed) attempt to make it repeat naturally I just blew it off and went to bed.

Second, at the end of last week my 4 year old daughter realized she left one of stuffed animals outside just after dark. She went out to get it... and a few minutes later my other daughter heard soft knocking on the back door.

It turns out the door (which has a non-locking knob and a deadbolt lock on it) had somehow ended up locked right after my daughter went outside. Nobody was around the door, my kids all swear they didn't touch it,neither my wife nor I locked it and there would be no way for my daughter to have accidentally locked it, being a deadbolt that can only be locked from the inside.

It's possible someone's not telling the truth but my kids aren't usually practical jokers and I believe them. It really scared my daughter... being so young and all, locked out in the dark by herself. Plus nobody was laughing about it; I can't say if the resident ghost did though...

Anyway, just another week at chango's spook house.

What was the last unexplained event in your life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 08:37 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,222,075 times
Got a phone call this week from someone I haven't spoken to in years. In and of itself, that's not too weird. What led up to it is.

For some reason, this guy has been on my mind quite a bit the past couple of weeks.

Anyway........my little sister's car broke down, the guy right behind her got out of his car to help her push it to the side of the road. While waiting with her for the tow truck they got to talking about various things. At the same time, I was MMSing her a picture. He saw my last name and remarked that he knew some Beurman's but they lived out west.

She explained that I was her sister and had moved to Colorado and remarried. She then showed him the photo.

I got a call about an hour later. He was the same guy I had been thinking about.

Paranormal? Not sure but something definitely put things in motion here.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:34 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Story time!

I'm one of those people that is either especially crazy or gets more than his fair share of the "spooky" side of existence, despite being a terminal skeptic but I'm always up for a good (true) paranormal story.

Two thing happened to our family last week that count as "paranormal" in my mind; the first was when I was getting ready for bed around 10:00 PM. I walked into the bathroom and noticed one of the medicine cabinet doors was open (maybe about 4 or 5 inches). It often is; the magnetic catch on the door is very weak and if it isn't closed all the way the door naturally hangs open like that because of simple gravity.

Anyway, as soon as the observation registered in my mind, the door shut all the way against gravity all by itself without touching it, no wind or any logical reason for it to have done so. I've seen things move on their own here before so after a quick (failed) attempt to make it repeat naturally I just blew it off and went to bed.

Second, at the end of last week my 4 year old daughter realized she left one of stuffed animals outside just after dark. She went out to get it... and a few minutes later my other daughter heard soft knocking on the back door.

It turns out the door (which has a non-locking knob and a deadbolt lock on it) had somehow ended up locked right after my daughter went outside. Nobody was around the door, my kids all swear they didn't touch it,neither my wife nor I locked it and there would be no way for my daughter to have accidentally locked it, being a deadbolt that can only be locked from the inside.

It's possible someone's not telling the truth but my kids aren't usually practical jokers and I believe them. It really scared my daughter... being so young and all, locked out in the dark by herself. Plus nobody was laughing about it; I can't say if the resident ghost did though...

Anyway, just another week at chango's spook house.

What was the last unexplained event in your life?
The cash in my wallet is missing!

Old 08-08-2012, 12:38 PM

2,040 posts, read 3,862,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
The cash in my wallet is missing!
Ha!!

The other night my overhead light in the hallway in my house turned on and off by itself .......the bulb had been burned out for months. I flipped the switch afterwards to see if in fact the lightbulb actually worked but it did not turn on. Maybe it was an electrical fluke but it scared the sh** out of me. That was the first strange occurance that has happened in this house.

The last place I lived in VA that was built in 1890, strange things would happen from time to time. Especially after making repairs to the place.

Old 08-08-2012, 12:48 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,176,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Got a phone call this week from someone I haven't spoken to in years. In and of itself, that's not too weird. What led up to it is.

For some reason, this guy has been on my mind quite a bit the past couple of weeks.

Anyway........my little sister's car broke down, the guy right behind her got out of his car to help her push it to the side of the road. While waiting with her for the tow truck they got to talking about various things. At the same time, I was MMSing her a picture. He saw my last name and remarked that he knew some Beurman's but they lived out west.

She explained that I was her sister and had moved to Colorado and remarried. She then showed him the photo.

I got a call about an hour later. He was the same guy I had been thinking about.

Paranormal? Not sure but something definitely put things in motion here.

Pamela, there is an odd connection I have with my one Aunt (her age is closer to being my sister) and we were so close it was as if we could communicate telepathically. I live up north and she lives down south. One time she was making dinner and I was just sitting in the kitchen and she looked at me and said, "What?" and I said, "What? I didn't say anything" and she shrugged her shoulders and said, "Oh, you must have been thinking loud." It was true I was thinking loud, it was loud in my head. We were so used to things always being a tweek away from happenstance we never saw these as odd happenings.

As I grew up she and I exposed each other to many things - mostly creative and she exposed me to a tremendous amount of music. Both her and her husband were long Beatles fans. One day I was painting my bedroom and I could not stop playing, "The Long and Winding Road" in my head, over and over, and over. Something else was on the stereo, and why that song suddenly got into my head almost became annoying. The next day same thing and I said to myself, outloud, "Suzanne (my aunt) is trying to talk to me." I went and called her and, yes, she was talking to me - her husband, my uncle died - right when that song was playing in my head.

I even talked to a psychiatrist friend of mine about it and he said it is odd when it happens, but it's even happened to him. He told me there were times he'd suddenly think of a patient he hadn't seen in a long time and then the patient would call that day or something. He was also a twin and had the same type of things happen with his brother. He said it is still an unexplained phenomenon in the world of psychology.

Old 08-08-2012, 01:24 PM

Talking Emily

Back just before Thanksgiving my 20 year old nephew died. It about ripped me apart because he and I were very close and when he was really little we did a lot of things together. He was a good hearted and loving boy. I had this real unique, colorful jumper type outfit that always reminded me of the 4th of July. When he was in pre school and kindergarten sometimes I'd pick him up from school. There were times the whole family would be over and he'd come out of my bedroom and say, "Pick me up from school tomorrow and wear this." We'd all laugh, but it was that colorful jumper.

I was going through my closet the other day and lo and behold there was that jumper. I had outgrown it in both size and age, but could never seem to part with it to a rummage sale or Goodwill. It was too special to me for that.

There is a little 9 year old girl and I had told her mom several times she reminded me a lot of my nephew in many ways. Emily is always bringing me cookies she made or a flower to plant in the yard. She is just the sweetest little girl. The other day I had come across that jumper and I could see her out in the yard and I thought, "I know now who this belongs to" and put it in a bag and walked over to her house. I had her mom come out so if she had questions on the subject of death her mom could answer them how she saw fit. I told her how I had got it in Key West during the best birthday of my life and about my nephew. I told her is was special and I wanted her to have it and when she was ready, she could pass it on to someone else who was special.

The next day there was a gift on my porch wrapped in pink tissue paper. I opened it up and just froze. I sat down in the chair and just stared at this painting she had done for me. I was not only speechless, I was actually shedding tears and didn't really realize it. The night before my nephew's funeral, I had written a poem and read it at the funeral. What Emily had painted and given to me was one of the verses to that poem - of which she would never have never known about or that my nephew lived down south. The verse in the poem read - "I will see you, my friend, where the sky meets the sea and I will never forget your short, but eventful, journey." While 'where the sky meets the sea' was written from the concept of distance and eternity - it never dawned on me until she gave me this painting that 'I will see you where the sky meets the sea" would be an actual person not a concept or a place as I see a lot of him in her. Paranormal? Maybe more of a spiritual thing or his talking to me through her, but the whole thing just had this beautiful aura about it and I believe Emily, herself, is 'where the sky meets the sea.'

Old 08-09-2012, 12:43 AM

8,546 posts, read 10,964,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Back just before Thanksgiving my 20 year old nephew died. It about ripped me apart because he and I were very close and when he was really little we did a lot of things together. He was a good hearted and loving boy. I had this real unique, colorful jumper type outfit that always reminded me of the 4th of July. When he was in pre school and kindergarten sometimes I'd pick him up from school. There were times the whole family would be over and he'd come out of my bedroom and say, "Pick me up from school tomorrow and wear this." We'd all laugh, but it was that colorful jumper.

I was going through my closet the other day and lo and behold there was that jumper. I had outgrown it in both size and age, but could never seem to part with it to a rummage sale or Goodwill. It was too special to me for that.

There is a little 9 year old girl and I had told her mom several times she reminded me a lot of my nephew in many ways. Emily is always bringing me cookies she made or a flower to plant in the yard. She is just the sweetest little girl. The other day I had come across that jumper and I could see her out in the yard and I thought, "I know now who this belongs to" and put it in a bag and walked over to her house. I had her mom come out so if she had questions on the subject of death her mom could answer them how she saw fit. I told her how I had got it in Key West during the best birthday of my life and about my nephew. I told her is was special and I wanted her to have it and when she was ready, she could pass it on to someone else who was special.

The next day there was a gift on my porch wrapped in pink tissue paper. I opened it up and just froze. I sat down in the chair and just stared at this painting she had done for me. I was not only speechless, I was actually shedding tears and didn't really realize it. The night before my nephew's funeral, I had written a poem and read it at the funeral. What Emily had painted and given to me was one of the verses to that poem - of which she would never have never known about or that my nephew lived down south. The verse in the poem read - "I will see you, my friend, where the sky meets the sea and I will never forget your short, but eventful, journey." While 'where the sky meets the sea' was written from the concept of distance and eternity - it never dawned on me until she gave me this painting that 'I will see you where the sky meets the sea" would be an actual person not a concept or a place as I see a lot of him in her. Paranormal? Maybe more of a spiritual thing or his talking to me through her, but the whole thing just had this beautiful aura about it and I believe Emily, herself, is 'where the sky meets the sea.'
Have you taken any time to think of, and examine this event?
Perhaps I can shed a little light on it for you.
Now, before someone reading this claims I am a know-it-all, let me just say, I have a fairly decent background in the study of afterlife, and spiritual behavior, but I don't know everything there is to know, and as humans, none of us will ever know more than we are allowed to know.
With that said, understand that spirits tend to stay among certain groups of spirits, and more often than not, remain within their circle of like minded spirits.
I offer this explanation to you regarding the jumper, the little 9 year old girl, and you departed nephew.
Spirits have many things, and many ways at their disposal for making contact with humans.
Obviously the spirit that inhabits your body was in tune with that of your deceased nephews.
As spirit, your spirits were indeed close, and this is borne out by your devotion to your nephew when he was living.
The closeness did not leave just because he passed on.
His spirit continues to exist, and will for eternity.
Your spirit, acting on behalf of the spirit of your nephew, is what made you retrieve that jumper from the closet.
How was this done?
Simple, the two spirits communicated.
Your spirit with the same intentions, brought you to the little girl next door.
The spirit of your deceased nephew is the one that painted the picture in response to the poem.
The painting was guided by your nephew's spirit, though physically, the little girl was the one painting.
How else would she have known what to paint?
In literary circles, when writing is discovered to be beyond the human realm, it is termed "automatic writing", in that the writing was created spiritually, and physically put on paper by the human hand, through the thoughts of the spirit.
The same holds true of this painting.
Do you see how it its all inter related?
All three spirits were acting in kind to fulfill the need for your deceased nephew's spirit to let you know all is well with him, and this gift physically came from the 9 year old girl, but in all reality was from your nephew.
The little girl was the conduit for the actual creation,and passage of the gift.
As I have stated in many other threads dealing with this subject, it is a fascinating journey when we embark on our voyage to learn more of the spiritual world, for it indeed affects everything that happens in our human existence.
Bob.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Have you taken any time to think of, and examine this event?
Perhaps I can shed a little light on it for you.
Now, before someone reading this claims I am a know-it-all, let me just say, I have a fairly decent background in the study of afterlife, and spiritual behavior, but I don't know everything there is to know, and as humans, none of us will ever know more than we are allowed to know.
With that said, understand that spirits tend to stay among certain groups of spirits, and more often than not, remain within their circle of like minded spirits.
I offer this explanation to you regarding the jumper, the little 9 year old girl, and you departed nephew.
Spirits have many things, and many ways at their disposal for making contact with humans.
Obviously the spirit that inhabits your body was in tune with that of your deceased nephews.
As spirit, your spirits were indeed close, and this is borne out by your devotion to your nephew when he was living.
The closeness did not leave just because he passed on.
His spirit continues to exist, and will for eternity.
Your spirit, acting on behalf of the spirit of your nephew, is what made you retrieve that jumper from the closet.
How was this done?
Simple, the two spirits communicated.
Your spirit with the same intentions, brought you to the little girl next door.
The spirit of your deceased nephew is the one that painted the picture in response to the poem.
The painting was guided by your nephew's spirit, though physically, the little girl was the one painting.
How else would she have known what to paint?
In literary circles, when writing is discovered to be beyond the human realm, it is termed "automatic writing", in that the writing was created spiritually, and physically put on paper by the human hand, through the thoughts of the spirit.
The same holds true of this painting.
Do you see how it its all inter related?
All three spirits were acting in kind to fulfill the need for your deceased nephew's spirit to let you know all is well with him, and this gift physically came from the 9 year old girl, but in all reality was from your nephew.
The little girl was the conduit for the actual creation,and passage of the gift.
As I have stated in many other threads dealing with this subject, it is a fascinating journey when we embark on our voyage to learn more of the spiritual world, for it indeed affects everything that happens in our human existence.
Bob.

I totally believe in what you are saying and understand it completely. You explained it in a better and more elaborate way than I could. In an interview and also an award speech, Michael Jackson once said, "I don't write these songs, the songs come through me, I am simply an instrument of nature." I completely understood what he was saying.

If you are interested in this type of activity there is a thread in here called, "Do spirits have a sense of humor." You would probably enjoy all the stories in it. This link also relates to my nephew and these pennies. I also have a story about the dog and the cemetary. Others contributed some interesting things. //www.city-data.com/forum/24741648-post4.html

Last edited by Thursday007; 08-09-2012 at 03:49 AM..

Old 08-09-2012, 07:19 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,222,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Pamela, there is an odd connection I have with my one Aunt (her age is closer to being my sister) and we were so close it was as if we could communicate telepathically. I live up north and she lives down south. One time she was making dinner and I was just sitting in the kitchen and she looked at me and said, "What?" and I said, "What? I didn't say anything" and she shrugged her shoulders and said, "Oh, you must have been thinking loud." It was true I was thinking loud, it was loud in my head. We were so used to things always being a tweek away from happenstance we never saw these as odd happenings.

As I grew up she and I exposed each other to many things - mostly creative and she exposed me to a tremendous amount of music. Both her and her husband were long Beatles fans. One day I was painting my bedroom and I could not stop playing, "The Long and Winding Road" in my head, over and over, and over. Something else was on the stereo, and why that song suddenly got into my head almost became annoying. The next day same thing and I said to myself, outloud, "Suzanne (my aunt) is trying to talk to me." I went and called her and, yes, she was talking to me - her husband, my uncle died - right when that song was playing in my head.

I even talked to a psychiatrist friend of mine about it and he said it is odd when it happens, but it's even happened to him. He told me there were times he'd suddenly think of a patient he hadn't seen in a long time and then the patient would call that day or something. He was also a twin and had the same type of things happen with his brother. He said it is still an unexplained phenomenon in the world of psychology.
It's weird how, even though we are surrounded by family, we connect so strongly with certain ones.

I've never questioned the reality of that bond, I don't need to because it's normal in our family too. I've often wondered why we "bond" with certain people and not with others.

Hmmm

Old 08-09-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
It's weird how, even though we are surrounded by family, we connect so strongly with certain ones.

I've never questioned the reality of that bond, I don't need to because it's normal in our family too. I've often wondered why we "bond" with certain people and not with others.

Hmmm
It's funny you mention that bond with certain members. My aunt Suzanne, who I am speaking of, and I were always close and even in age, but one time I was visiting as I did a lot and she was sitting at her computer and I just happened to notice her ankle. After so many years I do not know why I never noticed it before, but she had this white sploch birthmark that didn't tan which was exactly in the same spot, same shape, same color and same leg as my own. She is my father's sister and my dad doesn't have this mark and there were also six brothers and sisters and she and I are the only ones who have this mark. None of her children have it and neither do my cousins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal