Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 02:28 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times

Advertisements

Two years ago we decided to become "urban pioneers" - leave suburbia and take off for a small Rust Belt Rebound City.

It's been a qualified success. The worst part has been where we wound up. The house we really wanted fell through. The new owner needed to take occupancy so we had to work fast.

When I'm under stress my intuitive abilities are depressed. We needed to find another house fast. We found this one.

The realestate agent told us that the large empty house across the street was being "renovated" and it was a two family.

It looked like a big white 1920s era house. It was not in good shape - but not terrible. In was November and the building was empty.

In the spring, two years ago, they started to work on the large white house. I asked the workers if I could see the inside. They said sure. I was curious. I love old buildings.

The inside had high cielings and beautiful wood work. It was not a 2 family as I had been told but a SEVEN FAMILY! A bit different.

As I walked through the house I was swept with feelings of despair and tragedy.Also violence.

I say in my mind a woman with very bleached blond hair and a red shiny bath robe sort of like satin. When I say saw, I did not see it visually. I also saw an angry dark male and a drunken party. I saw smashed glass and I felt sick to my stomach.

I left. Problematic people moved in. And moved out. Since living here, three people died in the house. THREE in two years. The police are here constantly. Fights are "normal" over there. A woman was raped.
A man was stabbed.

The rest of the block in fine. Normal single family homes.

My former next door neighbor - a woman who has lived here for 40 years told me a little history.

A woman hung herself in the 30s, another was stabbed. There were several murders. The place was condemned several times. A child was beaten to death in the late 50s and a baby was found in a refrigerator.

The people who live there now are violent and abusive. They beat my husband twice and attempted to attack me.

I think like attracts like and the building will never be normal. The neighbors - the nice ones say "it's always been a bad house." They seem resigned. We are moving. I sense danger.

Do you know of a property like this in an otherwise good neighborhood where bad luck and bad people are drawn? A house that is a little more dilapidated than the others?
What are your theories?

My theory is that Like Attracts Like. Once negative people move there others follow. Some is psychological and some is spiritual.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:35 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,222,075 times
It sounds almost like the house feeds off the negative energy of it's occupants and magnifies it.

Not a place I would want to be near.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:51 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,124,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Two years ago we decided to become "urban pioneers" - leave suburbia and take off for a small Rust Belt Rebound City.

It's been a qualified success. The worst part has been where we wound up. The house we really wanted fell through. The new owner needed to take occupancy so we had to work fast.

When I'm under stress my intuitive abilities are depressed. We needed to find another house fast. We found this one.

The realestate agent told us that the large empty house across the street was being "renovated" and it was a two family.

It looked like a big white 1920s era house. It was not in good shape - but not terrible. In was November and the building was empty.

In the spring, two years ago, they started to work on the large white house. I asked the workers if I could see the inside. They said sure. I was curious. I love old buildings.

The inside had high cielings and beautiful wood work. It was not a 2 family as I had been told but a SEVEN FAMILY! A bit different.

As I walked through the house I was swept with feelings of despair and tragedy.Also violence.

I say in my mind a woman with very bleached blond hair and a red shiny bath robe sort of like satin. When I say saw, I did not see it visually. I also saw an angry dark male and a drunken party. I saw smashed glass and I felt sick to my stomach.

I left. Problematic people moved in. And moved out. Since living here, three people died in the house. THREE in two years. The police are here constantly. Fights are "normal" over there. A woman was raped.
A man was stabbed.

My former next door neighbor - a woman who has lived here for 40 years told me a little history.

A woman hung herself in the 30s, another was stabbed. There were several murders. The place was condemned several times. A child was beaten to death in the late 50s and a baby was found in a refrigerator.

The people who live there now are violent and abusive. They beat my husband twice and attempted to attack me.

I think like attracts like and the building will never be normal. The neighbors - the nice ones say "it's always been a bad house." They seem resigned. We are moving. I sense danger.

Do you know of a property like this in an otherwise good neighborhood where bad luck and bad people are drawn? A house that is a little more dilapidated than the others?
What are your theories?

My theory is that Like Attracts Like. Once negative people move there others follow. Some is psychological and some is spiritual.
Wow, That house sounds like a hornets nest. But i think if a nice, normal family moved in, renovated the place and joined the community things would be good. It's the people that are occupying it and thier associates that are making things bad. Please be safe while you look for a new home.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:42 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Wow, That house sounds like a hornets nest. But i think if a nice, normal family moved in, renovated the place and joined the community things would be good. It's the people that are occupying it and thier associates that are making things bad. Please be safe while you look for a new home.
I don't think so. I think a person that stands in the light can be taken down by a person that stands in the dark.

I have this weird theory I don't talk about often. Light people and dark people are like yin and yang -- parts of a whole. They balance each other out.

My husband (dark) and I (light) balance each other out. But add a second dark element and the balance tips... into the dark. Been there, done that... made our way out and back into balance.

And people that stand in the dark are always on the lookout for people that stand in the light -- they are drawn to them. As are dark places drawn to the light people... but the darkness can easily overtake the light.

A place like that? Needs to be torn down and the ground sown with salt...

Old 08-21-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I don't think so. I think a person that stands in the light can be taken down by a person that stands in the dark.

I have this weird theory I don't talk about often. Light people and dark people are like yin and yang -- parts of a whole. They balance each other out.

My husband (dark) and I (light) balance each other out. But add a second dark element and the balance tips... into the dark. Been there, done that... made our way out and back into balance.

And people that stand in the dark are always on the lookout for people that stand in the light -- they are drawn to them. As are dark places drawn to the light people... but the darkness can easily overtake the light.

A place like that? Needs to be torn down and the ground sown with salt...
I agree with you. All of this. I believe your theory also.

However there are places such as that which have irretrievable entered the darkness. There is no return.
Town down and sown with salt. ... Spot on.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
D, a happy family wouldn't move there. It would be seven "happy families" who would want to live in a slightly shabby small apartment building with a tragic past. It's well known to many locals.

College students - we have many, would not chose this hulking building with no yard and no charm.
They tend to live in the duplex Victorians with the rocking chair front porches and gingerbread trim.

I feel that the evil of this place is seeping over to my side of the street. We can't use the front porch because they harras us when we are out there.

I have a gazing ball - partially for ornamentation and partially for protection. I have salt surrounding my property and I've anointed my doors and lintels with sacred oil.

Thank you for wishing us safety. I appreciate your support.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:26 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,124,630 times
Quote:
D, a happy family wouldn't move there. It would be seven "happy families" who would want to live in a slightly shabby small apartment building with a tragic past. It's well known to many locals.

College students - we have many, would not chose this hulking building with no yard and no charm.
They tend to live in the duplex Victorians with the rocking chair front porches and gingerbread trim.

I feel that the evil of this place is seeping over to my side of the street. We can't use the front porch because they harras us when we are out there.

I have a gazing ball - partially for ornamentation and partially for protection. I have salt surrounding my property and I've anointed my doors and lintels with sacred oil.

Thank you for wishing us safety. I appreciate your support.
You are most welcome. I send you positive thoughts and wishes. Awful you cannot even go on your front porch.

Another poster mentioned above about darkness overtaking light. This may not always be true. Light can contain darkness as well. For example someone moves there or close by with a dark past, But is trying to start over. Said person wipes the floor with the punks and maybe things get better. You never know.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:54 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:

A man was stabbed.

What are your theories?

Aren't there laws on tragic history of the homes and reporting? Anyone who purchased a house with this kind of history and poor condition got a super priced deal. Would anyone who flips houses would have an interest due to the history and reporting laws.

It will continue to attract people looking for a place to hang their hats lifestyle and contribute to the homes delapidation. The home with strange reputation, the "Adams family" of the block.

Last edited by virgode; 08-22-2012 at 04:09 PM..

Old 08-22-2012, 09:31 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Aren't there laws on tragic history of the homes and reporting? Anyone who purchased a house with this kind of history and poor condition got a super priced deal. Would anyone who flips houses would have an interest due to the history and reporting laws.

It will continue to attract people looking for a place to hang their hats lifestyle and contribute to the homes delapidation. The home with strange reputation, the "Adams family" of the block.
In the places I know of that have these laws there are time limits. Say, someone at 1313 Mockingbird Lane (I believe that is the Addams address -- or is it the Munsters?) commits suicide or murders someone there. The sale of the house on this tragedy must disclose the stigma. And it usually goes at a much cheaper price.

Beverly and Sam Smith move in to the bargain house, remodel and live there for four years. When they sell, the stigma has been legally "exorcised", especially if they have had no problems. (And a lot of people don't -- I think that's common, if you ignore stuff and write it off to normal things, and deny it is happening... it's not happening.)

And so Beverly and Sam have nothing to report and report nothing and unless the person buying does their homework, the house gets sold to someone else at full value.

And I think most places only require disclosure of material facts, like a damaged foundation, or a leaky roof -- not things that could cause psychic damage.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:29 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,351,326 times
Quote:

A man was stabbed.

What are your theories?

wow. fascinating story. and spooky in the extreme.

i definitely believe that some places seem to be magnetized with a negative energy. this is something me and my sister have spoken about alot. we have both had experiences with this and strangely, it isn't the "spookiest" looking places that seem to invite these feelings. they can be totally benign looking. they don't even have to be very old. but they can still send you running off to the car or in your case, across the street.

i am not sure what this process is, and where it originates. was the house fine til a few violent episodes sealed its vibration, so to speak? or was it bad to begin with, and stayed bad, and inspired the worst from its occupants?

it would be interesting to look at figures. how many other large homes in that neighborhood have encountered violent happenings? did they seem to reoccur with statistical frequency, more than similar houses in the same area? a rhetorical question, but that's the sort of thing i'd like to know were i in that same situation.

then again, it could be the fact that it is a large house, and draws alot of people who will tend to need to share what they have, and be unable to pull the load of the rent on their own, thereby enabling more sketchy and unknown characters to take residence out of desperation. i guess that's why some people balk at having a halfway house in their neighborhood- you increase the likelihood of getting bad apples.

(postscript: NOT implying that the low-on-funds types are dangerous! i'm one of them myself and have lived in many strange places with many strange people, and its sometimes hard to control who is in your own home. if you are the artsy poor type like myself, there can be some strange bedfellows.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal