Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 08:14 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,471,880 times

Advertisements

I have been interested in telekinesis for a long time. Does anyone here themselves, or know of anyone, that is able to move objects with thir minds? I would love to be able to do this myself, but do not know where to start. Let's discuss the subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 09:49 PM

39 posts, read 174,727 times
I knew of only one person who did this. My only experience, and I copied and pasted it below from a previous thread. This is a native spiritual ability of many that we each possess and forgot we possessed them, therefore forgot how to use them. One or another of these abilities will turn on sometimes in different people. It has nothing to do with the Mind, which simply records our experiences on the physical world. Close your eyes and recall a cat or dog you own or owned. See it? That is the Mind.

"One time at a friends house, we were talking, and there was a book on a large table that I needed to pick up for a reference. I observe everything in a room when I walk into it very well. I knew exactly where this book was positioned on the large table. By the time I reached for this book it was now at the other end of the table. I was baffled and looked over at him and told him about this and he just smiled and said, I do that sometimes. (move things without touching them) I got the book and our chat continued without bringing up that incident again."

Old 08-06-2012, 06:40 AM

652 posts, read 873,548 times
I can't move things with my mind, but I can summons the spirit world who move things around all the time. I can usually see the ghosts essence which moves things around. A lot of people take credit for what the spirit world does. I have a few old (dead) magicians who are experts at the time space continuum, they can teleport physical objects and change the physics of the environment.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:47 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,471,880 times
So how does a person know if they are able to move something whether it was themself or was a spirit doing it?

Old 08-09-2012, 04:36 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,964,709 times
There was a guy in our area who was psychic and held classes. During one he had us bring in small bowls and some toothpicks. We filled the bowls about half full with water, snapped the toothpicks in half, and then stared at our bowls for a VERY long time, trying to direct the toothpicks to form letters of the alphabet. The majority of us eventually accomplished it.

'Magic', I believe, requires will, visualization, emotion. I am not sure that the emotional part was necessary for this, though, but it does get frustrating to stare at a bowl of water and picture toothpick letters in it. We would start with something simple, like 'L', then maybe a 'T' and from there, on to more complex letters.

Old 08-09-2012, 04:38 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,685,474 times
as a kid i did extensive reading on telekinesis and how to learn to do it(meditation,magnetic fields,imagining your mind moving the item,etc).. i tried so many times.. i finally gave up

Old 08-09-2012, 07:21 PM

115 posts, read 174,511 times
I practice telekinesis every time the traffic light turns green for me. This happens a few times on a daily basis.

Old 08-11-2012, 12:49 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,222,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleister Crowley View Post
I can't move things with my mind, but I can summons the spirit world who move things around all the time. I can usually see the ghosts essence which moves things around. A lot of people take credit for what the spirit world does. I have a few old (dead) magicians who are experts at the time space continuum, they can teleport physical objects and change the physics of the environment.
Well, that pretty much explains why my keys are never where I left them.

Old 08-11-2012, 06:10 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleister Crowley View Post
Interesting....I've always referred to the place of missing never to be seen again things as the 'black hole'.

I read a couple of Shirley MacLaines books on the subject back in the 80's. Subsequently, she was labeled "out there' bc of the subject matter.

Old 08-11-2012, 12:01 PM

11,412 posts, read 7,798,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Well, that pretty much explains why my keys are never where I left them.
Or what happens to socks in the dryer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal