Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 10:05 AM

24,114 posts, read 32,468,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Aren't there laws on tragic history of the homes and reporting? Anyone who purchased a house with this kind of history and poor condition got a super priced deal. Would anyone who flips houses would have an interest due to the history and reporting laws.

It will continue to attract people looking for a place to hang their hats lifestyle and contribute to the homes delapidation. The home with strange reputation, the "Adams family" of the block.

It isn't MY house so technically they did not need to report a thing. They told me it was being renovated - what they meant was brought up to city code. A very different thing.

The slumlord bought this cash cow for 17,000. He gets 900 per month for each of the seven units. He's laughing all the way to the bank.

I agree. There are homes that become spiritually contaminated for lack of a better word. Even people who are not intuitive feel "icky" inside when they enter.

I heard a realtor once refer to a property as having been "rented to death." To many people had lived there, not cared for it, not made repairs, been evicted, had financial problems - a miasma hangs in the air and repels any one but bottom feeder inverters.

Not all investors are this way, and not all tenants are sad and troubled. But when there are transient troubled people, you get that.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:07 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,256,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
It isn't MY house so technically they did not need to report a thing. They told me it was being renovated - what they meant was brought up to city code. A very different thing.

The slumlord bought this cash cow for 17,000. He gets 900 per month for each of the seven units. He's laughing all the way to the bank.

I agree. There are homes that become spiritually contaminated for lack of a better word. Even people who are not intuitive feel "icky" inside when they enter.

I heard a realtor once refer to a property as having been "rented to death." To many people had lived there, not cared for it, not made repairs, been evicted, had financial problems - a miasma hangs in the air and repels any one but bottom feeder inverters.

Not all investors are this way, and not all tenants are sad and troubled. But when there are transient troubled people, you get that.
There was a large rental commerical place like that on Route 19 near Warrendale wher I grew up. It was a nice very large open space, well maintained but everything that went in there was gone in a year. We started calling it the Kiss of Death Center. We went there as a nearly married couple when held a bedroom store that sold waterbeds and other bedroom furniture and good prices, too.....

and we bought our bed in Youngstown Ohio.

A few months later the place was gone. I'd been there through several incarnations of retail and never once bought anything there. There wasn't anything you could put your finger on, and I never felt negative energy or spooky... but I sure never felt like buying.

They have torn it down and now there is a successful car lot there, so it couldn't have been the land....

Old 08-23-2012, 04:21 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post

I live in an apartment and worked in the rental industry for years, fortunately I live in good building and the residents have been here as long as I. Seen evictions, drug problems and the transients come and go while working in rental communities.

Have you approached the slumlord? He does have to answer for disruptive or criminal activity with his tenants. You can also contact the Attorney Generals office about the problems, they can advise you how to proceed.

Last edited by virgode; 08-23-2012 at 05:05 PM..

Old 08-24-2012, 10:07 AM

2,744 posts, read 4,234,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
There was a large rental commerical place like that on Route 19 near Warrendale wher I grew up. It was a nice very large open space, well maintained but everything that went in there was gone in a year. We started calling it the Kiss of Death Center. We went there as a nearly married couple when held a bedroom store that sold waterbeds and other bedroom furniture and good prices, too.....

and we bought our bed in Youngstown Ohio.

A few months later the place was gone. I'd been there through several incarnations of retail and never once bought anything there. There wasn't anything you could put your finger on, and I never felt negative energy or spooky... but I sure never felt like buying.

They have torn it down and now there is a successful car lot there, so it couldn't have been the land....
Yes! I have seen this with businesses too! A cute shop or cafe will open up, last six months and go under. And who ever rents that particular commercial space goes out of business. Some have even opened to great fanfare and seem to be "just what the area needs." Then they are GONE.

This seems to be a place like that every where.

In the case you describe, it must have been the buildings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal