Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 07:49 PM

24,111 posts, read 32,460,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
What time of day were the pictures taken and what is the exposure? It looks like of dark . . .

What do you like about this house?

I think your feelings are key . . .
About 6PM in August. It was begining to get dark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 08:41 PM

24,111 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
What time of day were the pictures taken and what is the exposure? It looks like of dark . . .

What do you like about this house?

I think your feelings are key . . .
almost forgot to answer your question! It'd unique! Graceful looking. I like the shape and the interplay of inside and outside.

The front porch and the sun room and the fact that it is light and bright. Given the time of day and the over growth it really was. I also like the sturdy honesty of the house. It's not fussy but charming.

It has an inviting spirit and I feel it wants to be loved.

Inviting but not cloying. Does that make sense?

Old 09-16-2012, 03:01 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,251,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
almost forgot to answer your question! It'd unique! Graceful looking. I like the shape and the interplay of inside and outside.

The front porch and the sun room and the fact that it is light and bright. Given the time of day and the over growth it really was. I also like the sturdy honesty of the house. It's not fussy but charming.

It has an inviting spirit and I feel it wants to be loved.

Inviting but not cloying. Does that make sense?
So -- are you buying it? Enquiring minds want to know! (I'm sort of stuck where I am now, so I get to buy homes vicariously through others!)

Old 09-16-2012, 04:30 PM

1,723 posts, read 4,096,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
So -- are you buying it? Enquiring minds want to know! (I'm sort of stuck where I am now, so I get to buy homes vicariously through others!)
oh, me too.

Then we can help decorate it!

Old 09-16-2012, 04:48 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,349,093 times
Great house! I especially like the tall baseboards and woodwork. The baseboards appear to be at least 8 inches tall. If I found something like that out here in west Texas with a few acres around it, I would definitely be looking into it. No vibes from here other than good ones from my love of older homes.

Good luck.

Old 09-16-2012, 10:22 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,233,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
LOL ! We do the same thing! I should get my real estate license!

Yes it's looking good. Don't want to jinx it, but lookin' good! (Sheena's DH)

Old 09-16-2012, 11:12 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
I think we can trick or convince ourselves to see all kinds of things. Creative and imaginative minds can do that. But if you step back, you see a warped screen. That's all that is, warped screens.

The only horrifying thing I saw in the house was that dark yellow paint. That needs to go.

Other than that, the neighborhood is wonderful...what a GREAT neighborhood! The house itself, with a little tlc, I think is going to look fantastic.

Best of luck.

Old 09-17-2012, 12:01 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,155,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
It was a family house, full of happy, noisy kids and at least one big moose of a dog.

Craftsman houses are wonderful in the way that they utilize space and natural light. You're lucky to have found such a beautiful old girl like that.
That is what In see in one of the lower windows is a dog looking out....

Old 09-18-2012, 09:35 AM

620 posts, read 1,746,562 times
I like the yellow. It's the carpet that has to go! Good luck!

Old 10-04-2012, 02:58 PM

96 posts, read 171,917 times
So....did you get it???...

NVM..just saw your posts...you're still in process.

What a beautiful home. I really like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal