Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 09:42 PM

19 posts, read 54,945 times

Advertisements

Do you believe in curses? I know there are tons of articles out there on Psychic Scams and phony belief in curses, but don't you ever wonder why sometimes life turns to really bad when you've done nothing wrong or done nothing but good? Have any of you ever seen a psychic and had good results happen to your life having seen one?

Just wondering what your thoughts are because I've ran out of all options with my life failing in every department possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2012, 11:44 PM

8,546 posts, read 10,964,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youcd View Post
Do you believe in curses? I know there are tons of articles out there on Psychic Scams and phony belief in curses, but don't you ever wonder why sometimes life turns to really bad when you've done nothing wrong or done nothing but good? Have any of you ever seen a psychic and had good results happen to your life having seen one?

Just wondering what your thoughts are because I've ran out of all options with my life failing in every department possible.

iI

Old 08-25-2012, 11:58 PM

8,546 posts, read 10,964,749 times
Quote:

I don;t believe they can cause, or remove curses.
If you feel you are doing everything right in your life, and still failing in everything, it's time for a little self evaluation.
First, look at what you feel is going wrong.
Take them one at a time.
Don't try to figure them all out collectively.
Work on one at a time.
See what went wrong, and think about ways to correct it, or do things differently if the situation comes up again.
You need to re-think your personality.
From what you write here, my observation tells me you are an extremely negative thinking person.( I do not mean that to insult you, but rather to enlighten you).
You need to turn that around.
Above all, don't turn your back to these problems.
Face then head on, and a positive attitude will help you find ways around the negative things in your life.
Years ago, there was a book titled, "The power of positive thinking", by Norman Vincent Peale.
I assume it is still available through Amazon. com.
Good reading, and it just might help you over this stumbling block in your life.
Hope this helps.
Bob.

Old 08-26-2012, 12:21 AM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
I think that it is entirely possible for one individual to curse another or for a family to curse a family or for people to curse ground or a house or an area. That can happen, And no, you needn't believe in it for it to work.

I also think that there are scam artists out there who pose as psychics and tell people that they are cursed. Theyy are reprehensible extortionists. AVOID THEM.

Is this a theoretical question or is something going on?

Old 08-26-2012, 07:58 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,124,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I don;t believe they can cause, or remove curses.
If you feel you are doing everything right in your life, and still failing in everything, it's time for a little self evaluation.
First, look at what you feel is going wrong.
Take them one at a time.
Don't try to figure them all out collectively.
Work on one at a time.
See what went wrong, and think about ways to correct it, or do things differently if the situation comes up again.
You need to re-think your personality.
From what you write here, my observation tells me you are an extremely negative thinking person.( I do not mean that to insult you, but rather to enlighten you).
You need to turn that around.
Above all, don't turn your back to these problems.
Face then head on, and a positive attitude will help you find ways around the negative things in your life.
Years ago, there was a book titled, "The power of positive thinking", by Norman Vincent Peale.
I assume it is still available through Amazon. com.
Good reading, and it just might help you over this stumbling block in your life.
Hope this helps.
Bob.
I agree. A good honest look at one's life, Without a sugar coating goes a long way. Then acting on making changes of course is paramount.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:37 AM

19 posts, read 54,945 times
Thank you everyone. I will try to read that book CALGUY.

@sheena12, Yes something is going on in my life that I really can't explain. I'm a perfectly normal human being as anyone, but I can't reach the level of success like everyone. By "Success" I mean loosely. For example everything I pursue, whether it in education, career, relationships, or just talking to people there is a sense of a wall or something preventing me from just being like everyone else. I've tried just about everything that everyone would imagine to achieve these "simple successes" and have come to eventually negative results. I mean if you don't get the result you were looking for eventually when all of them have failed on you, you would naturally become negative at the world, wouldn't you? So I was a very difficult time in my life and thought the only explanation that it could be, since I've tried all else, was that I must have been cursed in someway. Something or someone or something I did in the past life was so bad that I live in this sad life today - call it Karma.

Where did the idea of curses or ability to remove curses come from anyway? I heard of exorcism practices in movies, but are they true? For some reason, some where it had to be thought of or explained or people would just view it as fantasy. Psychics do exist out there and why is that?

Do any of you believe that Psychics in general are real?

I'm open to anyone's opinion.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:44 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
I am a real person so yes I believe Psychics are real. The issue appears to be your lack of self worth though. Why do you compare yourself to others? Have you truly taken a good hard look at yourself and your life without excuses or sugar coating? It is a difficult task to evaluate yourself and really, truly look at what is hindering you moving forward in your life. For a lot of people it is others who are holding them back however, that is ONLY because that person is ALLOWING others to control their lives and hold them back.

Take a good long hard look at yourself and see what you come up with in terms of reasons why you feel you fail at everything. It won't be fun, it won't be pretty and if you really take an honest look at yourself it will bring many emotions to the surface along with tears. Let it all out then figure out how to change yourself so you can live the life you deserve.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:24 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,222,075 times
I believe that people can convince themselves that they are cursed, therefore turning the "curse" into a reality of sorts.

It's easier to believe that some evil person's curse is the reason for our misfortune than it is to take a hard look at ourselves and make needed changes.

As for a belief in psychics, I really hate that word. It brings visions of carnival side shows and people in turbans. I much prefer the word "sensitive".

Yes, there are those who are sensitive to things unseen. Paranormal? Not really, no more so than being a talented artist or musician.

You first need to have faith in yourself, it will serve you well.

Love, light and bright blessings to you and welcome to C-D.

Old 08-26-2012, 04:15 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,131,647 times
First I would have to believe in curses.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:38 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Thank you everyone. I will try to read that book CALGUY.

@sheena12, Yes something is going on in my life that I really can't explain. I'm a perfectly normal human being as anyone, but I can't reach the level of success like everyone. By "Success" I mean loosely. For example everything I pursue, whether it in education, career, relationships, or just talking to people there is a sense of a wall or something preventing me from just being like everyone else. I've tried just about everything that everyone would imagine to achieve these "simple successes" and have come to eventually negative results. I mean if you don't get the result you were looking for eventually when all of them have failed on you, you would naturally become negative at the world, wouldn't you? So I was a very difficult time in my life and thought the only explanation that it could be, since I've tried all else, was that I must have been cursed in someway. Something or someone or something I did in the past life was so bad that I live in this sad life today - call it Karma.

Where did the idea of curses or ability to remove curses come from anyway? I heard of exorcism practices in movies, but are they true? For some reason, some where it had to be thought of or explained or people would just view it as fantasy. Psychics do exist out there and why is that?

Do any of you believe that Psychics in general are real?

I'm open to anyone's opinion.
I believe in psychics. I am one. I believe in curses as well. While reading your post I got a few impressions. First off, I don't think that you are cursed at all. I do think that you are angry, jealous, and bitter. I think you have these feelings. You feel that others have gotten a break when you have not.

You are not cursed. I believe that you feel that way though.

I think you are young enough to put your life in another direction.

You need to stop looking for a scapegoat and look within your self. What do you do well? What do you love to do? Do THAT!

Do not measure yourself against others - set goals for yourself.

Please think carefully about what I have said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal