Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 10:08 AM

145 posts, read 358,676 times

Advertisements

I don't know much about it, but it's like I'm looking for another explanation for what I experience which might turn out to be a paranormal one. I want to know if there are any similarities between what I will describe and paranormal experiences a spirit might experience in the afterlife. It's a dissociative disorder I was diagnosed with. There are many symptoms of derealization someone can experience. It means the person experiences the external world as either feeling as if its unfamiliar or strange. I experience this 24/7. It's been this way since at least the age of 13 but I'm not sure exactly the moment it started or when it turned to being 24/7. I'm going to be 29 soon and was diagnosed at age 27 even though I've experienced life this way all of this time.

I don't experience reality the same way others do. Everything I physically see looks dreamlike to me. I don't know if I really exist, if I'm really alive, if my surroundings are real, if anything occurring is taking place in the present. Everything lacks vividness, clarity, solidness, basically everything that makes up the visual part of reality. I really do see things dreamlike. I am trapped inside a dream I can't get out of. I am able to tell the difference between a dream and when I'm awake. Everything looks more real when I'm awake BUT it remains dreamlike always no matter what. I can look at my hand, I can look in the mirror, everything is not that solid, it's like I'm really in a dream. It's hard to believe what I'm seeing and tell myself that it's real when it looks like a dream. I also have depersonalization which is a feeling of being detached from yourself. I feel like I'm not entirely inside myself whether that means my body or mind or both. I feel like I don't really know myself. How can I when I don't even know the truth whether or not I exist? Depersonalization is a feeling. Derealization is a feeling also but more than just that. It's really seeing the world as being dreamlike.

I've been to an eye doctor and he said my vision is good and nothing I said explains anything to do with an eye condition. This is why this mental disorder is the only thing that explains what I experience. Sometimes I ask myself " What if I'm really dead?" I start to think what if my physical body is buried? Where can this be? That's how disconnected I feel from myself and this world. It's like I live in another dimension. I just want to know the truth. If I died, I died and there is nothing I can do about it. If I died and am a spirit I think I can accept that. Maybe the spirit world is more complex than what we thought. Some are trapped in this world because they don't want to move on. It's like a defense mechanism. But what exactly are they experiencing? If they have the ability to communicate with this world as if they are truly living then what else are they able to do? Maybe create their own reality as if they continued living and aged? That can be a possibility. I don't know what I would have to do to move on if I'm really dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2013, 01:42 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,502,785 times
Please get yourself checked out by a psychiatrist first.

Old 03-31-2013, 02:42 PM

145 posts, read 358,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
Please get yourself checked out by a psychiatrist first.
i already did, I mentioned this before, I just wanted to know if there are any similarities between what I experience and the spirit world.....

Old 03-31-2013, 03:47 PM

8,551 posts, read 10,975,842 times
Since we here are still in our human form, it would be extremely hard for any of us to actually know what it would "feel" like to be a spirit.
What you describe is along the lines of what (according to my research) the spirit world encompasses.
As for the reason you experience what you do, there could be any number of explanations.
You can rule out being dead for starters.
You would not have a human form if you were dead.
I believe what you are experiencing is ,the soul within you is at a point where it seems to want to move forward into the spirit world, but your human existence is not at the point where it is ready to die, which would allow the soul to release itself from it's human bondage.
As humans, we are but a reaction of the soul with ih each of us.
What ever our actions or thoughts are, they are the actions and thoughts of our soul.
Apparently your soul is searching for identity.
It sees and senses things that your human existence can't quite comprehend.
I believe you when you say what you are experiencing, and would add, there are many things we as humans are not equipped to understand.
I would imagine your next question would be, how long is this going to last?
The answer to that is only available to your soul.
When your soul has "found it's way", you will have your answer.
In the meantime, live each day as best you can.
Were I in the same condition, I think I would engage myself in some quiet time of self reflection and meditation.
Bob.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:20 PM

11 posts, read 14,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Since we here are still in our human form, it would be extremely hard for any of us to actually know what it would "feel" like to be a spirit.
What you describe is along the lines of what (according to my research) the spirit world encompasses.
As for the reason you experience what you do, there could be any number of explanations.
You can rule out being dead for starters.
You would not have a human form if you were dead.
I believe what you are experiencing is ,the soul within you is at a point where it seems to want to move forward into the spirit world, but your human existence is not at the point where it is ready to die, which would allow the soul to release itself from it's human bondage.
As humans, we are but a reaction of the soul with ih each of us.
What ever our actions or thoughts are, they are the actions and thoughts of our soul.
Apparently your soul is searching for identity.
It sees and senses things that your human existence can't quite comprehend.
I believe you when you say what you are experiencing, and would add, there are many things we as humans are not equipped to understand.
I would imagine your next question would be, how long is this going to last?
The answer to that is only available to your soul.
When your soul has "found it's way", you will have your answer.
In the meantime, live each day as best you can.
Were I in the same condition, I think I would engage myself in some quiet time of self reflection and meditation.
Bob.

I agree.

Old 09-09-2013, 02:53 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,942,090 times
This experience can be caused by a number of things other than an eye disorder ... see the Causes section here:

Derealization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-10-2013, 08:15 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
From a woo perspective, it could be that your attachment to your physical body is particularly loose. Have you found yourself out-of-body and looking down or at yourself from another perspective?

If so, then this may be the reason you are feeling rather disassociated. I am in no way qualified in mental conditions so I have no idea what the medical professions name your condition or how they classify it, however, we have to remember that essentially there is currently a difference of opinion between science and religion. Until science finds a way to measure the energies which explain the woo aspect of life, they and religion will never be able to see eye-to-eye.

Coming on here, to this forum, means that you must in some way believe there is a spiritual aspect to your condition. Or, at least that there may be. Only you can decide if you want to go down the medical route and be treated for this condition in an orthodox way. If it looks like it might be a spiritual cause, you may wish to persue and develop that pathway. One will lead to misery and surviving with a medically labelled "condition" like so many people do and the other (if it is indeed a spiritual phenomenon) will lead to a whole new aspect of your life you never knew existed. If you choose the spiritual pathway, please be aware and careful. As I said, I am not qualified and this is only a personal opinion.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:40 PM

2,707 posts, read 2,837,647 times
If, perhaps it is your spirit wanting to move into the spirit world as CalGuy mentioned, maybe you could find a way to understand why. I can't be completely certain of the validity of mediums, or psychics, but quiet possibly, hypnosis might help you. Maybe in a hypnotic state your hypnotist will be able to ask your spirit some questions. I thought I would add to the discussion, but Derealization isn't something I am that familiar with.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:29 PM

13 posts, read 56,474 times
NOW NOW,since I'm new, feel to yell, throw stones, etc but some of the remarks seemed to be aimed to hurt rather han to try to understand, it sounded like some of my paients in group sessions. Freud said"if you are going to condem, be sure you know why you are first condemning".

Old 09-15-2013, 02:14 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,942,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Templar View Post
NOW NOW,since I'm new, feel to yell, throw stones, etc but some of the remarks seemed to be aimed to hurt rather han to try to understand, it sounded like some of my paients in group sessions. Freud said"if you are going to condem, be sure you know why you are first condemning".
Who's condemning the OP? I see people making what they consider to be helpful suggestions, some of them "woo" and others not, rather than an attempt to hurt the OP. Perhaps it's in your perception, and what you bring to the reading of this thread.

By the way, making everything red bold, addressing us as a parent correcting a child ("now, now") and quoting Freud doesn't make whatever argument you're making any more plausible. 'Nuff said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal