U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-19-2012, 05:58 PM
 
Location: Michaux State Forest
1,276 posts, read 3,137,841 times
Reputation: 1429

Advertisements

Hello, I collect Ouija/Talking boards. I think they are an amazing form of folk art and they covey quite a bit about our history. I have several boards that date back to the Victorian age and the beginning of Spiritualism, as well as modern ones, and many in between. Although I am a passionate collector, I never play with them and in fact, never have. Obviously eventhough I have a bedroom filled with probably close to a hundred boards, I have never experienced any wierdness in my home, no haunting type activity at all. I do believe that spirits and non-human malevolent entities do exist, however I have never experienced anything of the sort.

Well, I often find my boards on Ebay. This last week I found a type of board I collect and I won the auction and it is on its way to my home via UPS. What's different this time is the seller of the board claims it has an "attatchment" and that the board is haunted and that she experienced paranormal activity after she brought it into her home. I don't know wether to laugh(my first reaction), or to actually be concerned. Could this board really bring activity into my home? Is this woman only trying to market her item in a clever way? Should I "smudge" the board? As I said before, I have a house filled with Ouija boards and have never had any paranormal activity. So, should I be concerned?

Last edited by lilred0005; 09-19-2012 at 06:04 PM.. Reason: misspelling
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-19-2012, 06:37 PM
 
2,949 posts, read 5,071,343 times
Reputation: 1626
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
Hello, I collect Ouija/Talking boards. I think they are an amazing form of folk art and they covey quite a bit about our history. I have several boards that date back to the Victorian age and the beginning of Spiritualism, as well as modern ones, and many in between. Although I am a passionate collector, I never play with them and in fact, never have. Obviously eventhough I have a bedroom filled with probably close to a hundred boards, I have never experienced any wierdness in my home, no haunting type activity at all. I do believe that spirits and non-human malevolent entities do exist, however I have never experienced anything of the sort.

Well, I often find my boards on Ebay. This last week I found a type of board I collect and I won the auction and it is on its way to my home via UPS. What's different this time is the seller of the board claims it has an "attatchment" and that the board is haunted and that she experienced paranormal activity after she brought it into her home. I don't know wether to laugh(my first reaction), or to actually be concerned. Could this board really bring activity into my home? Is this woman only trying to market her item in a clever way? Should I "smudge" the board? As I said before, I have a house filled with Ouija boards and have never had any paranormal activity. So, should I be concerned?
No
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2012, 06:42 PM
 
35,104 posts, read 44,320,154 times
Reputation: 62297
You should actually burn them all and get them out of your home, but that is my opinion and all the members of my clan will not ever have, touch nor be involved with one.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2012, 07:14 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
6,933 posts, read 8,637,905 times
Reputation: 8718
This is interesting.
People collect all kinds of things.
I am curious how, when, and why you started collecting boards.
Bob.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2012, 07:24 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
16,224 posts, read 23,595,676 times
Reputation: 24067
Collect ouija boards??
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2012, 07:26 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
3,733 posts, read 6,958,082 times
Reputation: 2007
I have never messed with a Ouija board myself but I have heard some VERY creepy stories from those who have. This includes stories from people who previously thought Ouija boards to be a bunch of BS. I say it is possible. Let us know how it goes after you get it!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2012, 07:30 PM
 
Location: the living desert
577 posts, read 880,625 times
Reputation: 984
If you've collected them for awhile with no problems, this one will likely be no different. However why not "smudge" the board anyway....just to be sure. If nothing else it might make you feel better on having it in your house.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2012, 07:43 PM
 
Location: Michaux State Forest
1,276 posts, read 3,137,841 times
Reputation: 1429
Click image for larger version

Name:	_KGrHqJ_roE_rqwZCsvBQDF_c_v_g_60_1.jpeg
Views:	1675
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	101286
As I mentoned before, I never have to worry about something negative or scary happening because I never actually use the boards. I have met people before that were quite concerned by my hobby as they felt it could be dangerous to even have the boards in my home, but I've never ever experienced anything remotely paranormal.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2012, 07:45 PM
 
Location: Michaux State Forest
1,276 posts, read 3,137,841 times
Reputation: 1429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbia Blue View Post
If you've collected them for awhile with no problems, this one will likely be no different. However why not "smudge" the board anyway....just to be sure. If nothing else it might make you feel better on having it in your house.
Thanks, I guess it couldn't hurt, right?!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2012, 07:55 PM
 
Location: Michaux State Forest
1,276 posts, read 3,137,841 times
Reputation: 1429
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You should actually burn them all and get them out of your home, but that is my opinion and all the members of my clan will not ever have, touch nor be involved with one.
Why do you dislike ouija boards so much? Have you ever had a negative personal experience?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top