U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2012, 09:54 PM

13,145 posts, read 20,412,505 times

Advertisements

Do you actively go "looking for trouble" when it comes to the paranormal?

I admit I have... mostly with ghost hunts. Sometimes I'll try a "provocation" to try to get a response, and usually after witnessing random out of the ordinary happenings at home I'll ask and/or dare "it" to do it again and/or show itself.

It's never worked for me.

Do you have any stories or thoughts?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 11:02 PM

35,883 posts, read 70,136,440 times
Well, I don't know if you would consider this exactly what you are talking about, but I have summoned (and rarely, commanded) an entity to communicate with me over the years. However, it was always for a specific purpose, i.e., usually b/c a friend or family member wanted to make connection with a particular family member who had passed over.

I don't waste my energy as it is often very taxing to communicate . . . so I don't think I have ever dared an entity to show itself. I have asked for a confirmation before but since I "feel" when there are entities/spirits around me, I don't usually have any reason to try to persuade them to prove their presence. (Does that even make sense? LOL) The only time I have asked for a confirmation was really for the other person's benefit (whoever is with me and needing to make contact).

When I was much younger, I had this rather impertinent entity relay to me that he/she "was not a circus act" after my repeatedly requesting that he/she "do something" to prove his/her presence . . . and after that . . . I decided that perhaps it was best I cooled it on the "show me a sign" stuff, hee hee.

Old 09-21-2012, 12:52 PM

35,104 posts, read 44,297,327 times
I have never done this but I feel and see spirits around me all the time so no need but to me challenging a spirit to perform is like challenging God to prove himself, never a good idea in my opinion.

Old 09-21-2012, 05:51 PM

1,566 posts, read 1,903,166 times
^^ Yeah, I just don't think it's a good idea and I don't know why people would do this.

Old 09-21-2012, 05:53 PM

305 posts, read 511,335 times
Default I want to belieive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Do you actively go "looking for trouble" when it comes to the paranormal?

I admit I have... mostly with ghost hunts. Sometimes I'll try a "provocation" to try to get a response, and usually after witnessing random out of the ordinary happenings at home I'll ask and/or dare "it" to do it again and/or show itself.

It's never worked for me.

Do you have any stories or thoughts?
I would LOVE to experience "something" an angel, a ghost, an alien hello? anybody out there?

Old 09-23-2012, 02:17 PM

11,547 posts, read 14,577,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onthevergeofanervous View Post
I would LOVE to experience "something" an angel, a ghost, an alien hello? anybody out there?
Me as well. I have heard so many great stories but have almost no real experience that I can recall. Because of this I take a more scientific approach to the subject, Like Scully in the X-Files TV series during the first and second season.

Old 09-23-2012, 02:26 PM

42,762 posts, read 47,314,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Me as well. I have heard so many great stories but have almost no real experience that I can recall. Because of this I take a more scientific approach to the subject, Like Scully in the X-Files TV series during the first and second season.
Oh me too. I loved the episode where they showed that the government was hiding truth files of encounters.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:56 PM

652 posts, read 744,102 times
I have been forced to battle spirits and demons my entire life. I have a very bad feeling this world ends ugly. My skill is battling the worst and darkest demons. My path in life was always obscured or obstructed by Christians. They gave me nothing in life, they are the true demons of this world. They will do anything for power. In the end, we will all find out who or what created this disaster called life.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:07 PM

96 posts, read 154,668 times
Aleister, I am sorry you have had such bad experiences with Christians. I am a Christian but also know the feeling of people who claim to be Christians but instead hurt and judge others. You are right. In the end all truth will be known on these things, but I just wanted to apologize and say not ALL Christians are that way.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:01 PM

16,081 posts, read 25,578,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleister Crowley View Post
I have been forced to battle spirits and demons my entire life. I have a very bad feeling this world ends ugly. My skill is battling the worst and darkest demons. My path in life was always obscured or obstructed by Christians. They gave me nothing in life, they are the true demons of this world. They will do anything for power. In the end, we will all find out who or what created this disaster called life.
Most Christians will agree with that statement.

Battling the dark forces has given you a bleak outlook. What you fight, inevitably you risk becoming the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal