Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2012, 12:11 PM

1,297 posts, read 4,769,773 times

Advertisements

We own an old house built in 1900. It is now our rental house. When we first moved in I was watching TV in bedroom at 10A.M. on a sunny winter morning with 2 of my cats.

One kitty was black and 2 yrs old and other about one yr old. They both started to follow something with there heads turning like watching tennis. No bugs, etc and I could not see what they saw.

Then black cat jumped on bed and was ducking like someone was trying to swat him and he kept ducking down.

Then he fell over with all four feet in air and he was dragged over bed and onto floor. I saw nothing and both cats ran out of room scared too death.

My black cat never went back into room and was always trying to get out of house until one day he ran out front door fast and never came back.

He used to go on porch with us and always came in when told. My wife and I continued to sleep in that room but never felt uneasy. Nothing strange ever happened again.

We did not tell our 2 college girl tenants thought it was best not to.

Any ideas what it was?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 08:02 PM

3 posts, read 4,509 times
Sounds like an unclean spirit--I had something about 22 years ago in my house-dog would look and bark at nothing. I would get uneasy feelings sometimes. House was new-out in country, i told friend (Christian) about it and she told me what to do and it worked and has in the few other times I have had visits from unwelcome spirits...Animals can see and hear things we cannot.. trust them.

Old 09-25-2012, 01:45 AM

32,932 posts, read 36,351,383 times
I have no idea. My cat doesn't tell me much of anything, really. One day she likes to be picked up and cuddled like a baby. The next day she'll claw your hand if to try to pet her. Sometimes she walks through the house yowling and I banish her to the screened porch.

If you didn't see or hear anything then, well, nothing happened.

Old 09-25-2012, 01:53 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
It is weird that you mentioned this because my rotty would sit and stare at a spot on the wall with her ears alert and than watch something like it was moving down the hallway. I'm glad nothing besides her wall staring ever happened.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:43 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
I think there are laws about informing tenants about hauntings.

Landlord Sued For 'Haunted House' By New Jersey Tenants Josue Chinchilla, Michele Callan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal