Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 05:07 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,638,268 times

Advertisements

Greetings all,
I have a house in Las Vegas, with a history.
I have camera's by the pool which when motion is detected takes a picture for one minute in 10 second intervals, and have recorded several occasions of some 'strangeness' - the first set (shown below) I discounted as a Mylar Balloon, floating by, but then I had further events.. So now I am back to... I AM NOT SURE..

What do you think

Jonathan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 05:11 AM

And these taken a few months later;

Attached Thumbnails
Ghosts Visiting my pool in Las Vegas-gv1.jpg   Ghosts Visiting my pool in Las Vegas-gv2.jpg   Ghosts Visiting my pool in Las Vegas-gv3.jpg  

Old 04-20-2012, 05:39 AM

And a Few months later

And This taken a few days ago.

Just a few details, This is a Backyard pool, behind a Locked gate.
the incidence have taken place from 11:30PM - 5:00AM

I have looked at moonrise reflecting by the water, and no correlation that I can find.

The "Glowy" effect on all the pictures is probably the IR (night vision) Lights hitting the object
no phenomena there..

Jonathan
Attached Thumbnails
Ghosts Visiting my pool in Las Vegas-forth.jpg   Ghosts Visiting my pool in Las Vegas-00626e407ca8-poolcam-_m20120130194555.jpg  

Last edited by macgeek; 04-20-2012 at 05:48 AM..

Old 04-20-2012, 08:17 AM

32,936 posts, read 36,351,383 times
What's the history of the house? Does it involve the pool? I'm not saying that nothing was going on out there, but I don't place much stock, would give any weight to photos.

What have you experienced while living there?

Old 04-20-2012, 08:28 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
Greetings all,
I have a house in Las Vegas, with a history.
I have camera's by the pool which when motion is detected takes a picture for one minute in 10 second intervals, and have recorded several occasions of some 'strangeness' - the first set (shown below) I discounted as a Mylar Balloon, floating by, but then I had further events.. So now I am back to... I AM NOT SURE..

What do you think

Jonathan
Interesting! Photo #1 gives me the willy's, photo #2 is a little more difficult. I'm not sure if it's reflected light or something is starting to form.

We live on haunted land here in Colorado so I know how weird it can get at times.

That being said, it's best to approach things like this from a skeptical point of view. Rule out anything that results from natural causes.

1). Do you have fireflies in Vegas?

2). Does this happen frequently?

3). If so, is there a pattern?

4). What is the history of the house and land?

I'd love to know what you find out.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:13 AM

1). Do you have fireflies in Vegas? NOPE

2). Does this happen frequently? RANDOMLY

3). If so, is there a pattern? NOPE, I WAS HOPING TO FIND A PATTERN

4). What is the history of the house and land? A MAN COMMITTED SUICIDE IN THE GARAGE
(I HAVE A CAMERA SET UP IN THERE AS WELL, WITH NO RESULTS)

I'd love to know what you find out. ME TOO!!!

I thought maybe kids pulling a prank, but its a locked gate, and hard to climb over, the idea of a Mylar balloon also worked out
but I never found the balloon and worse it then happened again later..
I believe in the afterlife, and psychics, But I am a hard cold believer in reality and for me this is a fascination

I set up a camera facing the opposite direction, but the IR light blinded the 1st camera

I also changed camera's and lenses, to make sure it wasn't some 'defect' with the camera.

The search goes on.

One last thing, This is my house in Las Vegas, I live in NY and Las Vegas, only once has this happened when I was in LV.

Jonathan

Last edited by macgeek; 04-20-2012 at 09:21 AM..

Old 04-20-2012, 09:35 AM

I asked about fireflies because i've seen "glowing orb" photos that were just that, fireflies and they looked similar.

Your first picture is the interesting one and you confirmed my suspicion, a male entity. Maybe 50ish?

Anyway, talk to him. Explain that it's your house now and he needs to move on.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:28 PM

I burned sage, and welcomed him / it..
I "Feel" nothing in the house, it's quiet..

Maybe they just like my pool!

Jonathan

Old 04-20-2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
I burned sage, and welcomed him / it..
I "Feel" nothing in the house, it's quiet..

Maybe they just like my pool!

Jonathan
I can see why, Vegas gets pretty hot. I'd want to hang around a pool too!

Old 04-20-2012, 03:43 PM

273 posts, read 619,190 times
Infrared reflectivity. Watch for your local radio towers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal