Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 04:19 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocalPitgal View Post
I totally trust my dogs judgement. I believe they can tell if somebody is up to no good. I can tell by my dogs body language.

So do you think the friend that your female was trying to bite is a bad person, or just afraid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 10:27 AM

380 posts, read 1,155,910 times
My dog was amazing. He could tell time. My mother told me that everyday 10-15 minutes before I would come home from school he would sit in front of the door waiting for me to walk thru the door. When cars pulled into our driveway he always knew whether it was a stranger or someone he knew. He also knew when strangers or people he knew were walking thru the yard. He was a very friendly dog, but, there were some people he just didn't take to. I always wondered what it was about some people that he didn't like. I believe the strong sense of smell and hearing can make it seem that dogs are psychic when the reality is that they are utilizing their 5 senses. It's just that their hearing and smelling is much stronger than humans.

I also believe that they are intuitive, observant, and much smarter than we give them credit for.

Old 10-01-2012, 05:33 PM

757 posts, read 1,328,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
So do you think the friend that your female was trying to bite is a bad person, or just afraid?
Both. With this specific person, I have know him for years and years, I would not leave him in my home alone. I would hardly trust to leave him in a room alone while I went to the restroom. I don't think he had bad intentions that day when he stopped by, I think my female was feeling his fear, bad energy, or seeing his mental image of being bitten.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:36 PM

990 posts, read 2,556,922 times
How about a mundane one....

Sometimes at night while I am sleeping, I wake only to be looking into the face of my 13 pound Havanese.

The dog has been silent, made no move to jump onto the bed, he simply stares at me until I wake and take him outside.

Now, I freely admit that I would prefer if have provided me with the wining lottery numbers, but this is impressive none the less.

Old 10-02-2012, 04:58 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocalPitgal View Post
Both. With this specific person, I have know him for years and years, I would not leave him in my home alone. I would hardly trust to leave him in a room alone while I went to the restroom. I don't think he had bad intentions that day when he stopped by, I think my female was feeling his fear, bad energy, or seeing his mental image of being bitten.

Maybe your deep seated distrust of this person was somehow communicated to your dog. I don't know if it's body language, a sixth sense, or what.

Old 12-08-2012, 11:07 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times
I wonder what dogs sense...granted, some dogs are not intuitive, but some are, amazingly so.

We had a mutt dog, Sam, he was goofy, and friendly to everyone. But, there was this one man, who came over to our home, a co worker of my spouse, I am not sure why, but Sam did not like this guy. He would stare at him the entire time, not playing and acting like his usual goof ball self.

What did Sam sense? Or was it just something about this guy? I don't know. He only came over a few times, and briefly, but it was odd.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:11 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,155,308 times
This is an excellent book! --

Dogs That Know When Their Owners Are Coming Home: Fully Updated and Revised: Rupert Sheldrake: 9780307885968: Amazon.com: Books

Old 12-15-2012, 09:15 PM

1,230 posts, read 3,175,851 times
I have actually experienced this from my own dogs with my husband.
My husband travels most of the year and is gone any where from a week to a month (sometimes more) at a time. Anyway pretty much every time (I say pretty much every time because I've become so use to it I often don't notice) that my husband is about 20-30 minutes from being home Gypsy (our Boston Terrier) will start whining and get antsy and will watch our front door until he walks in.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:26 AM

4,490 posts, read 4,981,246 times
I had a schnauzer Scottie mix I rescued when he was 6 months old.
he was my buddy most of my single life. He never liked anyone I brought home.
Till I met "the one" . They never gave each other a hard time. Guess he knew this guy was going to end up being "Daddy".
He loved riding in my truck. My favorite memory was when I stopped for groceries, left him in the car with the window half way down....Next thing I knew I heard laughter and a commotion. he jumped out, ran into the store looking for me!!!
he would be fast asleep in the car, but 3 miles from grandmas house he'd jump up, and start get exciTed to see her. he was small but had an ego like a trained Doberman!!!

My husband also told me he would wait for me like clockwork at the door. He would say its like he'll be laying down, look up, then plant himself 15 minutes before you get home at the front door.
Sure miss that little one of a kind shaggy boy!! He had me for 13 years.

Old 12-16-2012, 03:41 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times
Yes, that is odd. How do dogs "know" when you will be home? Granted, Sam always would sit at the front door and stare each day at around 1500, when the kids came home from school, but random things, like when you go to the store, or whatever, and they know when you are coming home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal