U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 11:16 PM

934 posts, read 1,847,870 times

Advertisements

My kids who are grown ask me to repeat this story often, simply because it's really creepy, and it happened to their Mom (me, lol). This is the only thing in my life of this nature that has ever happened, but it scared me to death. Bear with me...kinda long!

When I was in my mid-twenties (back in the 80's), myself and two friends of mine, a guy and a girl, rented an apartment together. There was nothing "strange" about this apartment (my mom lived in one of them- it was a mid-sized complex, not too old, not too young..), except it was at the very back of the complex, with another one next to it-in fact, our front door was a foot away to the side of the neighbor's front door. We had three large windows that faced a small, fenced-in area with one of those large spotlight type lights that lit up the inside of our apartment pretty good, even with the curtains shut (light curtains). If you stood at my front door, you would see a small wall that was next to the hallway, and on that wall was a medium sized oval mirror that would reflect light from outside, somewhat. This was to the right, and our small kitchen was to the left- ANYway...

We had a few odd situations that had happened, but none of us really thought too much about it. One of them was a daybed I had in the living room that I slept on- the foot of the daybed was about four feet from the front door, and against a wall. One night I was sleeping, and one of my roomies (the guy) had a sleeping bag and was asleep across the room from me- our other roomie was in one of the two bedrooms. I was half asleep and woke up feeling like something was laying completely across me, maybe a few inches away from me-what had woken me up, was a dream that I was being hit with one of our dining room chairs- I could feel the pressure, but it didn't hurt- and then I woke up to feel something right above me, from head to toe- I tried to sit up, but whatever "it" was, was in the way- I started panicking and getting scared, and tried to climb out of bed sideways, and headed for the front door- the roommate across the room could hear me screaming (yeah, I was, lol), and was trying to get to me, but he told me something was in his way...there was nothing but empty floor between us. Anyway, that was the start of it. There were other little odd things, usually that happened to me for some reason...but we never really thought about it being anything "spooky".

Then one night, the girl roommate and I decided to go to our guy roomie's restaurant (he was working that night) and have dinner. We were both uneasy for some reason, you know- the type of situation where something is bothering you, but you can't put your finger on it. As we left, I turned on the light above the stove on the hood-it was the press in kind of button, we locked the door, and left. I had a house key, and each of my roommates had one, and that was it. We went and had dinner, and went back to the apartment. On the way back, I mentioned that I was uncomfortable about going back, but couldn't figure out why...my friend told me she felt uncomfortable as well, and didn't know why. We got back to the apartment, and slowly walked up to the door. The light in the gated area was shining on the door and the windows as it usually did, our curtains were closed. I unlocked the door and slowly pushed the door open. As we stood there for a moment, the light shone in to the apartment-I told my friend, "Karen, the light above the stove is off. I know I turned it on". Then I looked to the left and as I looked I realized I couldn't see the mirror by the hallway (it was about three feet high, by two feet wide), and I realized that the reason I couldn't see it was because there was someone standing in front of it. The "someone" was completely black, as if they were wearing a head to toe black body suit- no features, no nothing- solid, just the outline of a "person"- but this person was so tall, that their head almost touched the ceiling. It was a standard 12-foot ceiling. I screamed and she screamed, and we both ran for the car. As we got into the car shaking and crying, I told her, "What did you see? What did you see??"- she told me the same thing that I had saw. Now we were both really scared-and with the light shining in from outside the door and with the door open, I knew what I had seen. We decided there was no way we were going back in to that apartment until our roommate got home, and decided to drive back and wait for him. And then I realized that I had left the car keys in the door when I unlocked the apartment door-they were on the same keyring. I can't tell you how hard it was to go back and get those keys- I was so terrified I didn't even look in, and I don't even remember if I locked the door or not. We went back to the restaurant, and told our friend what had happened- we were both so shook up, and one of the other guys that worked there said that if the people who lived there before had been into some questionable practices and left something of theirs there, that it could be the reason we had problems there. We were so sure that nothing was there that didn't belong to us, but oddly enough a week or so later I was cleaning the top of the hall closet and found a couple of halloween decorations-a witch, and a vampire-that I knew weren't ours. We got rid of them, and for whatever reason, never had a problem again. And there has never been any other incidents since then. Well, one, but that's for another time, lol.

Sounds somewhat tame when you type it onto a computer, but I'll tell you what- I've had the creeps ever since I started typing, lol-
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 11:19 PM

I forgot to add something- when we had opened the door and saw whatever "it" was, we immediately moved about six feet from our door to our neighbor's front window- they had sheer curtains, and he was sitting there watching tv not two feet away from that window- we were banging on it and yelling for him, and he never heard a thing. It was insane, but it really did happen.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:21 PM

Forgot something else, lol- when I checked the stove light later, it had been manually turned off. You had to click it in, and then click it in again to turn it off- no burned out light, it had been shut off.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:45 PM

4,486 posts, read 4,722,756 times
Tall people, they're everywhere!

Did you ever check into the history of the apartment? Talk to the neighbors?

Old 09-26-2012, 07:15 AM

92 posts, read 96,998 times
How much did you drink that night?

Old 09-26-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlbr View Post
How much did you drink that night?
Be nice!

Skeptics are welcome. Sarcastic ones, not so much.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Sarcastic ones, not so much.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:26 AM

Oh, come on and smile!

You have a right to your opinion, we all do. Just be respectful.

Old 09-26-2012, 12:39 PM

13,692 posts, read 16,529,302 times
That is so creepy. A shadowperson. Dark energy.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Oh, come on and smile!
like this?

I didn't mean to be disrespectful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal