U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 01:58 PM

96 posts, read 154,751 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if you could share your experiences with having dreams that eventually came to pass? Is this the same thing as a premonition?

Please share if you have any experiences with dreams...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 02:30 PM

726 posts, read 1,086,193 times
I have many years ago. Although due to the symbolism which, at the time of recording the dream, I did not "think" it was a premonitional type dream.
The experience resulted at least 2 years after recording the dream, and I had moved to a new location where I didn't know any of the people at the "time" of the dream, however, all the names were right and other details, like the surroundings and stuff like railroad tracks, time of day.

In another dream, which I recorded, the highway I was driving down had missing parts of the roadway and I was avoiding them, almost like in a game. A few weeks later, I was driving back home from visiting my mother, it was later then I had intended on leaving, anyway, as I approched my exit off the highway I had to slow way down because a herd of deer were hanging out there. It was much darker then usual, and a large sign had been moved to the side of the road. I was so tired that my reasoning abilities must have been on vacation. I went forward very slowly and suddenly the road was no longer there, the underbelly of my car scraped in a most aweful sound, but nothing else happened. I found a way back to the road and made it home.
It was sometime later that I remembered the dream. A small footnote : Next time I had that car inspected the machinic asked "How the hell did you damage your exhaust system like that?" I guess the look of confusion on my face made him say, "ah, forget it". Also, someone had moved a Ramp Closed sign. Lucky for me the deer were there to slow me down to a crawl.
I have my angels with me, this much I know.

Old 10-11-2012, 05:23 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,252,998 times
I am a huge NASCAR fan (but was never really a Dale Earnhardt fan) and am a bigger John Denver fan (even though tomorrow marks 15 years since he died ) and this was my experience with dreams coming true:

On the morning of October 3,1997, my son and I woke up and told each other the dreams we had just had prior to waking. This is not a normal practice, but on this Friday morning we awoke about the same time and met in the living room and almost the first words out of our mouths were, "Wait 'til I tell you about this dream I just had!"

I let him go first.
He dreamed of a BIG racetrack with a BIG crash. He said that over 20 cars were involved but no one was hurt, although lots of cars were heavily damaged.

Mine was shorter than that. My dream was more a snapshot than a moving dream. All I saw was this image of Dale Earnhardt with the dates 1943-1997. I woke myself up, thinking "What a nightmare!! I don't want to see Dale die." I fell back asleep and saw the same image again...like looking at an obituary notice. I woke myself again and thought about those dates and realized it could not be Dale because he was not yet 50. My mind relieved, I fell back into a dreamless sleep.

What is so significant about these dreams is this... On October 12, 1997 the Winston Cup drivers were racing in Talladega, Alabama on a superspeedway. Races at this track are known for the tight packs and huge crashes that occur when 43 cars are running in a group. Sure enough there was a BIG crash and over half the field was involved. Some cars were destroyed, some only had minor damage. Dale Earnhardt was involved and I held my breath til he cleared the smoke.

That afternoon, between 5:30 and 6:00 pm, my son and I were sitting in my bedroom talking about the race and how his dream had come true. We were commenting on the fact that mine did not, since Dale survived the crash. Little did we know that at those exact moments we were discussing our dreams that John Denver just crashed his plane in the waters off Monterey Bay. ( We lived in Phoenix which is on Pacific time in the summer, so our time was the exact time that John was in the water.)
Remember, I said if Dale died it would be a nightmare. I never dreamed that it was JOHN...never even gave it a thought when I saw that birth year. But the nightmare came true a thousand times worse than I ever imagined it would!! The picture may have been Dale, but the years were John's!!
Dale Earnhardt died on Feb.18, 2001... he died a few months before his 50th birthday.

Old 10-11-2012, 06:49 PM

533 posts, read 1,084,568 times
This is small and insignificant but still something I would consider precognitive and worth mentioning.

Years ago I had a dream I was standing in my front yard looking into the sky at a cloud in the shape of a giant heart. Then that was it...it was over.

About a week after that I was watching the evening news and someone had sent in a pic to the meterorologist of a giant heart shaped cloud...exactly like the one I had seen in my dream the week before.

Just thought it was interesting...

Old 10-11-2012, 09:07 PM

190 posts, read 347,169 times
I can say I've had a few things happen over the years that were hard to explain but none that involved dreams. My mother-in-law, however, was a different story. She had the same dream three times that her husband would die before he was forty of cancer. He died of lung cancer just 5 1/2 months shy of his 40th birthday. Mom joined him 2 weeks ago. Once again, they're celebrating together forever.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:14 PM

380 posts, read 1,071,392 times
I had a dream that my family had a gathering at my aunt's house. My cousin's were dressed in white dress shirts with black ties and black dress pants. In the dream, I had no idea why my family and I had gathered at my aunt's house.

When I woke up I had a strong feeling that something was wrong with my cousins. But, I didn't know what. I called my mother and told her about the dream. She said as far as she knew everyone was fine.

A few weeks later my aunt died suddenly. She was the mother of my cousin's. My family gathered at her home before and after her funeral.

After she passed I had a series of dreams about her. The night I found out she had passed I said a prayer for her. I prayed that her soul found peace, was at rest, and the she made it to the other side safely. One dream in particular happened right after her funeral I dreamed she was holding my hand while she and I walked across the street. After we got to the other side of the street she told me that I didn't have to worry about her that she was fine, but, she would look out for me instead.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:36 PM

22 posts, read 21,191 times
About 10 yrs ago, I dreamt of a faint white light in the distance, getting bigger as it came closer, then changing to a bright yellow color as it was on top of me, and hearing people screaming. I sat up in bed from the fright. The next day, I learned that the night before a plane had crashed and the only survivor was a little girl about 5 old. I did not hear about this before going to bed and can't explain this. I can't remember where the crash was, I think it may have been in the Metro area.

Old 10-12-2012, 04:40 PM

498 posts, read 618,684 times
Default Several of the people in my dream interpretation class...

reported that they have had dreams that came to pass. This was in a class of about a dozen people and probably 5 of us have had those dreams. One of the people has had them all of her life, she said, as did her mother.

I had a minor experience, but still spooky--when I was about 8 or 9 years old I had a little terrier who would try to follow me every morning down our dirt road about a half mile to the two lane highway where I caught the school bus. I would always scold him and send him back home, as he was pretty reckless about the road. One night I dreamed my dog would follow me, but run in the field beside our dirt road to keep from being seen, until he got to the highway and popped out in front of me. The next day, he did just that in exactly the same way as in the dream. I remember looking and listening for him all the way down our road because I just knew he was in the field. Luckily, my father followed and caught my dog so he didn't get out in the highway. Had I thought/worried about this so long and just subconsciously figured out that's what he was likely to do? I don't know--

Old 10-12-2012, 07:31 PM

311 posts, read 406,521 times
This use to happen to me often. Mostly of places or things. Three yrs before I went overseas w/my husband, he was in the Air Force. I had a dream of a pretty flower, that I had never seen. In another dream, I was in a library and saw this painting on the wall and thought"how cute is that"..well long story short. When we got to where we were going, the flower was wild there and the library dream, was where I got a job on base. The first time I saw that painting on the wall I thought I was going to pass out!

Old 10-12-2012, 08:18 PM

112 posts, read 160,953 times
Simply put "yes" but the nature of them is such that I choose not to share them. Sorry.BTW, have ben having hem for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal