U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-10-2012, 08:01 PM
 
Location: earth?
7,288 posts, read 11,642,997 times
Reputation: 8956

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Yes, perhaps I do, but so do you, and so do all of us.

I'm very happy in THIS life as it evolves until I pass. Very comfortable adjusting to and coping with life's highs and lows. Believing in past lives or even reincarnation takes a leap of faith that I'm not comfortable wasting time on in this life. If you believe otherwise, that is your perogative, but don't get unglued because I don't agree. Doesn't phase me in the least that you don't agree with me.

I find believing in past lives, or a parallel universe, or "ego", or all that other New Age-type nonsense to be about as credible as believing in a pet rock.

Don't take it personally.
The subject of this thread is: "Do you believe you have lived before and have you had a past life regression?"

For someone who is not interested in these issues, not sure why you would be responding, but if the answer is "no," you could just state that and move on . . .no need to belittle the beliefs of others who have had different experiences than you.

I recall when this forum was first started that there was some understanding that this would be a "safe place" for people to talk about alternative beliefs.

There are plenty of other places to espouse traditional beliefs on CD . . . you are taking away from the ambiance of this thread by attempting to turn it into a debate of "who is right."

As the other poster said, it's all just about beliefs. The "truth" is subjective. There is room for diversity - you believe what you wish and please leave others to do the same. It's called "live and let live."

I hope the thread will get back on track, because it is very interesting to hear others' perspectives on their past lives.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-11-2012, 02:10 AM
 
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
335 posts, read 298,602 times
Reputation: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I find believing in past lives, or a parallel universe, or "ego", or all that other New Age-type nonsense to be about as credible as believing in a pet rock.
And I find your sort of materialism (physicalism) just as incredible. It's a big universe, and mankind has only begun.

I think the one place where we would agree is that one must always be skeptical, and that the more unusual the claim the stronger the evidence must be. However, your skepticism feels more like cynicism. Rather than say, "prove it," you say, "that doesn't fit with my world view and therefore has to be wrong."
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2012, 02:16 PM
 
Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 9,254,091 times
Reputation: 8936
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Yes, perhaps I do, but so do you, and so do all of us.

I'm very happy in THIS life as it evolves until I pass. Very comfortable adjusting to and coping with life's highs and lows. Believing in past lives or even reincarnation takes a leap of faith that I'm not comfortable wasting time on in this life. If you believe otherwise, that is your perogative, but don't get unglued because I don't agree. Doesn't phase me in the least that you don't agree with me.

I find believing in past lives, or a parallel universe, or "ego", or all that other New Age-type nonsense to be about as credible as believing in a pet rock.

Don't take it personally.
What is interesting about this is no one seems to be demonstrating becoming unglued but you.

I don't care what you believe in. However shame on you for coming into a neutral thread and telling us what you believe at the same time belittling those who don't think as you do.

You also came into this thread assuming based on your lack of understanding of the topic.

You also tried to detract from the fact that you have much to learn. Of course everyone one does but that was not the point. Hopefully people learn until the day they pass on.

Maybe in your next life you will have a bit more wisdom on this topic...but maybe not.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2012, 02:58 PM
 
5,128 posts, read 6,394,488 times
Reputation: 8396
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Hell no I haven't been here before. It's delusional to think otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
And you do as well, passing judgment on someone you know nothing about.
You yourself said anyone who believes in reincarnation is delusional.

Please explain how that isn't judgmental.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2012, 03:07 PM
 
Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 9,254,091 times
Reputation: 8936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
You yourself said anyone who believes in reincarnation is delusional.

Please explain how that isn't judgmental.
A wonderful demonstration of needing to learn many simple lessons.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2012, 03:25 PM
 
Location: North Carolina and Cayman Islands
112 posts, read 160,846 times
Reputation: 165
OMG, the number of times I have gone back into former lives, first as exxperiments and later as fun, you'd be bored to death, no pun intended.No one famous but close to some that made history were in the family, btw, none were hung as horse thieves either or executed for treason or any major crime.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-24-2012, 01:23 PM
 
Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 9,254,091 times
Reputation: 8936
I think there are other ways to have a good idea that you have been here before including through dreams. I have a very good friend who always had a reoccurring dream about being a very mean and brutal soldier...a very horrible soldier. When he and I went to a past life regression session he was told that in his past life he was exactly that soldier he kept dreaming about.

I also believe you can recognize if you have been here before just by the wisdom you have at an early age. Not only by what is seen with child prodigies but wisdom that you just instinctively knew and which was completely opposite of your first education/conditionings.

Much like what the OP’s subconscious told them at a young age.

I started realizing along my journey that I most certainly had been here before through many traits that I possessed at a very young age.

All in all I am very thankful that this is not my first rodeo.

Last edited by TVC15; 12-24-2012 at 01:36 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2012, 08:20 AM
 
Location: Western Washington
8,004 posts, read 10,650,420 times
Reputation: 19503
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I have not yet formed an opinion about this. I do, however, believe in cellular memory and that a lot of who we are (and what we do) is genetic. For instance, I always thought that my ancestors came from the base of the Dolomite Mountains in Italy. Yet, I loved the ocean more than anything else in the world. Come to find out that my great-great grand parents family lived on the coast of Italy for many generations prior to moving inland. I believe that my love of the ocean is a cellular memory of that.

I will grant you that there are certain "things" that seem so familiar, or that touch me in a certain, unexplainable way. (Little awnings over windows, for instance). But I cannot attribute these feelings to a past life without a little more knowledge or evidence.

20yrsinBranson
After doing extensive geneological research, and scientific research, I believe, with all of my heart, in cellular memory. It explains many things, such as...why some people are absolute "naturals" at certain things. To me, it explains why some people have "past lives" experiences. Of course, that's just my belief.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2012, 07:27 PM
 
15,921 posts, read 18,339,151 times
Reputation: 7660
I don't know about living past lives all I know is I have a very strong attraction to the Atlantic Ocean and the Kriegsmarine...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2012, 10:24 PM
 
77 posts, read 71,262 times
Reputation: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Now I have heard it all.

Demonic deceptions

Religion certainly brainwashes their followers with some strange beliefs.

However to each his own.
Did not belief in reincarnation have it's basis in religion as did the concept of demonic deception?

Speaking as one who has no dog in this hunt, why is one theory more valid than the other?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top