U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 01:06 PM

3,751 posts, read 6,773,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchief1 View Post
I do believe in spirit reincarnation, though I also believe that the former life has little bearing on the circumstances of the next life, along the lines of how one acts in a current life has anything to do with the circumstances one is born into for the next life. I believe that's nothing more than a crapshoot. I do, however, believe that what has happened to one in a previous life may affect them in the next life. For example, when I was growing up (I'm 30 now), I was deathly afraid to swallow pills. Whenever I would try, I would bring the pill to my mouth, but I would just freeze, and I couldn't make myself do it, I was afraid I would choke on it. It wasn'y until I was 20, when I was very very sick, that I finally forced myself to take a pill (same hesitation when bringing it to my mouth, but I mentally got myself past it) and since then, I've had no fears of it. It's always made me wonder if I possibly choked to death in a prior life. Or maybe I was just being an irrational kid
Your pill is my turtle neck and to this day anything high around my neck, even if loose but still can feel it, drives me bonkers. And my only explanation is having been choked or hung in a past life. I did not have any event in my early life to have established this fear/irritation. The only other explanation would be that I am just highly sensitive to things around my neck- except when it's a loving hand....hmm.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2013, 12:48 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 9,285,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Your pill is my turtle neck and to this day anything high around my neck, even if loose but still can feel it, drives me bonkers. And my only explanation is having been choked or hung in a past life. I did not have any event in my early life to have established this fear/irritation. The only other explanation would be that I am just highly sensitive to things around my neck- except when it's a loving hand....hmm.
That is so interesting in that the past life regression that I had...I was told that I was viciously murdered for my beliefs and that it was a brutal attack on my neck as in hanging or beheading.

After the reading they asked if I had ever had throat issues since this is what they were picking up as to how I died.

I had horrible tonsillitis most of my childhood. We were too poor to have them removed...which I am thankful for today. But for most of my childhood and all throughout my teens and into early adulthood I experienced constant serious bouts of tonsillitis.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:25 PM

275 posts, read 715,040 times
Ok, I believe there is something to this or we have a genetic memory of some type where we remember memories of our ancestors. My first experience related to this issue happened 20 yrs ago when I moved to NJ from overseas. There is a section of highway 80 in NJ that whenever I pass by I get a image in my head. It is always the same section where there is a tall wall separating the highway from wooded area. There are lot of trees and whenever I am driving by that section I get a mental image of a similar location. I am in a terrace of a log house looking down to a area covered by trees. I am high up and it is raining. I am a woman with a long brown hair and the strange thing is - i don't think this is in the past. I feel this is in future and I think location is somewhere in South America (I have never been to any country in SA and have no interest in any of the countries there). But the feeling that this scene is real is so incredibly strong. There is also a feeling of being safe from something. Like you would be running and finally find a safe haven somewhere.
So because I wanted to see if I can find out more about this, I did one those online self past regression hypnosis sessions. The result was weird. I had a single image of a young 19-20 year old male in a military ship. He was in a kitchen of a ship, had a uniform. I am pretty sure it was WW2. He was an American, blond, thin looking guy and very young. This was totally unexpected, I am a female. I have 0 interest in wars, military, ships, navy etc...and know nothing about it so I was like WTH?? It may all just be fantasy but I would like to go for a past life regression with a professional one day.

Old 01-19-2013, 01:33 PM

367 posts, read 611,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I have not yet formed an opinion about this. I do, however, believe in cellular memory and that a lot of who we are (and what we do) is genetic. For instance, I always thought that my ancestors came from the base of the Dolomite Mountains in Italy. Yet, I loved the ocean more than anything else in the world. Come to find out that my great-great grand parents family lived on the coast of Italy for many generations prior to moving inland. I believe that my love of the ocean is a cellular memory of that.

I will grant you that there are certain "things" that seem so familiar, or that touch me in a certain, unexplainable way. (Little awnings over windows, for instance). But I cannot attribute these feelings to a past life without a little more knowledge or evidence.

20yrsinBranson
That is so interesting--you just gave me something to think about. (I'm going to be vague because the details are some that i have shared with family members and i don't know who is reading)....

Ok so:

I once had an unexpected detour that took me to a part of the country that I thought I had no connection with..... a state I had never been in and a city I had never heard of before. IT was not a pretty place but I found myself intrigued with it and I even specifically remember having this thought "Now here is a place I have no connection to." I am an immigrant my family is from a different country and our history in the US is brief so in itself, that was a weird thought for me to have, let alone remember having it.

So, years pass and I always associate that thought with that state--it stayed with me. Anytime I hear the name of this city (a mid sized city in the middle of nowhere) I always remembered that moment when I said to myself "I have no connections here whatsoever."

Last year, some relatives decided to do some genealogy research. Turns out that my great-great-great grandparents lived in that specific town where I had that thought in the late 1800s. Further--their daughter, my great-great grandmother, was born there. These are not people whose names I knew before so it's not like I could have possibly have heard this---just a random coincidence. They lived there for a decade and then moved to a different continent so I did not even know anyone had ever lived in the US from that branch of the family. How weird I had that thought in the first place and that I remembered it!

Old 01-22-2013, 11:38 PM

339 posts, read 753,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
After doing extensive geneological research, and scientific research, I believe, with all of my heart, in cellular memory. It explains many things, such as...why some people are absolute "naturals" at certain things. To me, it explains why some people have "past lives" experiences. Of course, that's just my belief.
I believe that reincarnation is involved with child prodigies, like the boy in Searching For Bobby Fisher who was a chess prodigy at 7yrs old. He watched the game played once and instantly was good at it. I also believe child prodigies who play musical instruments perfectly with little to no lessons also have something to do with a past life. Child geniuses might also be related to a past life memory for remembering not past life experiences but remembering things learned in a past life. Like if you were reborn tomorrow and kept all of your memory of things learned in this life, you would know how to read and maybe speak in a foreign language without having to be taught when you are like 1yr old the way geniuses do. There are lots of unexplained things that I think can be related to past lives. Maybe there's a reason why most people don't remember things from birth to about 3yrs old. That is the age when children remember past lives the most as they transition into this new life. Most people don't remember past lives because most people don't/can't remember anything from the first 3yrs of this life let alone a past life.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:00 AM

339 posts, read 753,918 times
I do believe in past lives and when I was a kid I was raised Christian and I still am Christian, Catholic, and had never heard of past lives as a kid, but I did used to have what I called "memories of things that never happened". I would be sitting down thinking as a kid and all of a sudden remember something, I knew it was a memory but I also knew that it never happened in this life. I didn't know what to call it. I just didn't know there was a name for it. I would see something and it would trigger a memory of something not from this life so I never could understand why I kept having memories of things that never happened. Of course now I know what it was. But in my child's mind I didn't know what a past life meant at that time. It wasn't full blown memories of being someone else, just snippets of things, like while helping my mom fold up sheets or blankets as a kid and remembering being in a room with ladies and we were all sewing blankets or sheets something like that yet I knew I had never sewn any sheets or blankets and didn't know how to sew at 8yrs old (don't know how to sew now either) yet I remembered being in the room and sewing sheets or blankets yet I knew at the same time that it never happened, yet I could see it in my mind. I thought it was weird and didn't know what to make of it. Things like that. Lots of little disconnected memories of things that never happened in this life.

All I know is that no one knows what really happens in the afterlife and even those with Near Death Experiences only see a portion before they are sent back to their present life. No one will ever know the truth till we pass over completely to the after life. We may all be surprised! I believe in God and Jesus and everything Christianity teaches, but I also believe in reincarnation.

Last edited by ~PaperMoon~; 01-23-2013 at 01:13 AM..

Old 01-23-2013, 09:50 AM

1,878 posts, read 4,004,704 times
Yes I do believe in past lives. I have never had a past-life regression, but I would like to have one.

I am just getting over some difficulties with a couple of different people. A couple of psychics told me I have had past lives with both of them. Two men. To keep confusion to a minimum I will just call them Kyle and Justin. (Not their real names.) In this lifetime, I met them a couple of years ago. I've never been close to either one of them, yet I have always felt a connection.

One psychic picked up on two past lives in which I was married to Kyle. (The one I really like.) And in one of those lives, Kyle left our house and never came back. I thought it was because he had decided to abandon me and our young son. But it turns out he was actually killed by Justin. I never found this out. I thought Kyle had just taken off.

Justin then tried to pursue me, but I had absolutely no interest in him and that made him angry. And those feelings carry over into this life.

In this life, Justin and Kyle are friends. They've been friends about 15 years now.
They hardly know me, but have met me once. They are entertainers. Not well-known entertainers. They just tour small venues once in a while.

I tend to believe what the psychic said, because Justin has seemed to dislike me since day one. And Kyle and I, on the other hand, had a bit of a connection since day one. Many psychics have confirmed that he thought I was pretty when we met a couple years ago. He liked me. And he felt something too. On their little tour, they skipped meeting fans afterward. But at this show, Kyle came out and greeted. The psychic said he just felt he had to. Like an inner pull.

I didn't formally meet Justin, but he spotted me in the crowd at the show and gave me a rude glare! (Can you believe it? LOL) And afterward, I spotted him on the street while walking to my parking garage, we locked eyes for a minute, and he didn't give me a rude look that time... but he he sort of looked back at me, but then couldn't keep walking fast enough.

Kyle and I weren't meant to be together in this lifetime, but I feel as if we were meant to have just enough of a connection this time around for me to question it, so that I could make peace with our past. And I think they chose to be friends this time to make peace with each other.

And a second psychic told me that Kyle was my father. And says we've had many past lives together.

So yeah.

Last edited by MSPLove; 01-23-2013 at 10:01 AM..

Old 01-23-2013, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate Nancy View Post
I'm not sure. I've been told that we are actually living our "past" lives now, like parallel lives going on since there really is no chronological time for our "energy" selves. I don't know, hard enough time getting ready for the day. Hehe. A well-reputed spiritual teacher told us this in our program. She had an MS in Physics so she might have been on to something.
Yep, I agree with this too.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post

Maybe in your next life you will have a bit more wisdom on this topic...but maybe not.
I believe that some people actually chart to come into this life as an atheist or a skeptic. They're supposed to get something out of it, as are we.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:24 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 9,285,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesconsinite View Post
I believe that some people actually chart to come into this life as an atheist or a skeptic. They're supposed to get something out of it, as are we.
Such as another round of planet earth (via reincarnation) to awaken the sleeping giants!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal