Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 05:01 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,885,025 times

Advertisements

1) Yes. I do believe I have had many past lives.
2) Yes. I have been hypnotically regressed at a workshop given by Brian Weiss.

I don't think there is any virtue in knowing about past lives.

The only thing that might be instructive is understanding your current relationships in terms of past history and karma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2012, 09:39 PM

25,308 posts, read 18,463,692 times
I've been splitting my time between working on past life regression and lucid dreaming lately. I've believed in past lives for a long time for many reasons. I've also had certain personality traits and attitudes (and even wishes in my life) and am mysteriously drawn to certain subjects that don't really seem to come from anywhere in my current life. Certain recurring dream subjects have made me suspicious as well. Certain things about my life that just seem out of place or wrong.

So far, the past life regression practice is going pretty slowly, but it is intriguing. I find it difficult on my own. I have, so far, had one experience that I believe to be legitimate and was cohesive enough to identify: I was a woman () sometime around the turn of the last century (1890's - 1910's), or so it seemed. The location struck me as somewhere in the upper midwest. I had two children and died young (perhaps thirty or so) when I slipped on ice on my home's front porch steps and slammed the back of my head. I actually experienced that quite vividly. I didn't feel much in the way of her emotions. I would love to explore this farther and learn more about her (my) life before she died. I actually had a first name in my head, but after the experience, I couldn't remember it--it may have been Katie.

There is no way I can "prove" this any more than the previous poster can "prove" that we only live once and die once. But from a purely logical point of view, if we can accept that there is something more than we see in our reality, it makes no sense to me at all that it only happens once. Personally, I think if we knew our true nature, we'd all be pretty shocked. I'd love to find out. Because I really think it's a silly notion that there is nothing beyond what we are experiencing now. This is nothing, really. In isolation, a complete waste of time (in the absence of a past and a future).

Old 12-08-2012, 11:20 PM

24,606 posts, read 55,825,632 times
I would like to experience being a woman, an eagle, a tiger, perhaps a shark, and maybe a man again but with a better life, and then I'd be happy lol.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:03 AM

62 posts, read 113,593 times
I don't know if I've ever had a past life, but I do think that my brain is perpetually stuck in the year 1998. Like my home is 1998 and I just keep taking trips to 2012.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:05 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,308,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
You bet! I know I have been here many many times...and I hope this is my last round on planet earth...I'm not signing up for this $hit again.

It's time to move on.

We also choose our family when we reincarnate...many lessons are learned if you are wise from the family that you choose! Whew I sure chose a Whopper for this lifetime...but many lessons learned indeed.

Many won't have a clue what I am saying but many will.
This sounds like New Age nonsense. Earlier this year, I heard the same thing from a woman who has been a New Ager for 30 years. She has been cutting herself for 40 years. She also believes that one can alter the molecular structure of water just be applying loving emotion to it. Hard for me to see her attempting this since she likely has been struggling with a borderline personality disorder and is bipolar.

Hell no I haven't been here before. It's delusional to think otherwise.

Old 12-09-2012, 02:46 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,409,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
This sounds like New Age nonsense. Earlier this year, I heard the same thing from a woman who has been a New Ager for 30 years. She has been cutting herself for 40 years. She also believes that one can alter the molecular structure of water just be applying loving emotion to it. Hard for me to see her attempting this since she likely has been struggling with a borderline personality disorder and is bipolar.

Hell no I haven't been here before. It's delusional to think otherwise.
Yep I agree New Age nonsense is just that...total nonsense.

I am not a New Ager.

Also you may be right about this being your first time here. Seems you have a lot to learn.

Old 12-09-2012, 04:45 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,582,428 times
I'm not sure. I've been told that we are actually living our "past" lives now, like parallel lives going on since there really is no chronological time for our "energy" selves. I don't know, hard enough time getting ready for the day. Hehe. A well-reputed spiritual teacher told us this in our program. She had an MS in Physics so she might have been on to something.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:01 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,308,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Yep I agree New Age nonsense is just that...total nonsense.

I am not a New Ager.

Also you may be right about this being your first time here. Seems you have a lot to learn.
And you do as we'll, passing judgment on someone you know nothing about.

We all have much to learn.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:36 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,409,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
And you do as we'll, passing judgment on someone you know nothing about.

We all have much to learn.
The only one that passed judgement was you.

Not only this...you also assumed.

You certainly have much to learn.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:41 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,885,025 times
I thought this forum was a "skeptic free zone."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal