Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 12:24 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,969,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
You bet! I know I have been here many many times...and I hope this is my last round on planet earth...I'm not signing up for this $hit again.

It's time to move on.

We also choose our family when we reincarnate...many lessons are learned if you are wise from the family that you choose! Whew I sure chose a Whopper for this lifetime...but many lessons learned indeed.

Many won't have a clue what I am saying but many will.
Sometimes having difficulties in life does not mean that you are reaping the results of a prior problem lifetime. Sometimes a soul wishes to advance more quickly and takes on a more challenging life. You may know that already, but it might bear repetition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
It is my conviction that there is no such thing. I believe the phenomenon of apparent past lives are demonic deceptions. Demons are spirits that have been around since before man's creation, and they know many details of deceased persons lives that allows them to imitate them. Why? So that people wll think there is more than one chance at life. There is not. It is given man once to die, and then comes the judgment.
You know that your mind attracts things to you.
I would not condemn everything I don't understand or that the bible is not absolutely clear on as demonic. We do not understand God's mind and there are still mysteries in the universe.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
I thought this forum was a "skeptic free zone."
Yes. It shows us how polite and tolerant and respectful we must be compared to some others, like skeptics.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Yes, perhaps I do, but so do you, and so do all of us.

I'm very happy in THIS life as it evolves until I pass. Very comfortable adjusting to and coping with life's highs and lows. Believing in past lives or even reincarnation takes a leap of faith that I'm not comfortable wasting time on in this life. If you believe otherwise, that is your perogative, but don't get unglued because I don't agree. Doesn't phase me in the least that you don't agree with me.

I find believing in past lives, or a parallel universe, or "ego", or all that other New Age-type nonsense to be about as credible as believing in a pet rock.

Don't take it personally.
'Ego' is not a New Age term, you know.
I am wondering what draws you to a forum such as this, not believing. Either a small part of you is trying to be open about this or you feel you have to put someone else's ideas down in order to feel adequate, yourself.

I think we all welcome open minds, but if you feel the need to ridicule others you should perhaps think about where such thoughts and emotions are coming from within you. Well adjusted people don't take umbridge easily, neither do they feel compelled to put others down.

We all have had multiple lives and are on similar roads. We can each expect that there are those here who are more knowledgeable and less knowledgeable than we. We must tolerate others as we expect to be tolerated, no?

Old 01-30-2013, 01:01 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,446,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Sometimes having difficulties in life does not mean that you are reaping the results of a prior problem lifetime. Sometimes a soul wishes to advance more quickly and takes on a more challenging life. You may know that already, but it might bear repetition.
I am certainly the soul that took on a more challenging life. But the most challenging part is long over with. I am very wise from my experiences and have evolved on many levels beyond most humans with regard to wisdom and awakening. I am thankful for what I have endured in this lifetime and was able to create a successful life for myself.

When I say that I am not signing up for this again...I mean I am ready to move onto a more enlightened place of existence. If you take a good look around planet earth is full of darkness and many less evolved humans. Of course there is beauty but I would rather exist in a realm full of highly evolved souls, peace and beauty without the daily dose of horror stories and suffering that are apart of living on planet earth with so many lost and divided humans.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzytx View Post
Your criticism of Bideshi's belief system alluded to its religious basis. I was pointing out that the concept of reincarnation has its basis in a religious belief system.

So while a Hindu might ridicule a Christian's belief in demonic interference, the Christian might equally ridicule the Hindu's belief in reincarnation. In the meantime, an atheist might find both equally ridiculous.

It all boils down to what the individual chooses to believe.
Many people have had actual experiences of their past lives.

People who believe in religion are usually believing dogma, something they have no first hand experience of. They are brainwashed.

People have had mystical experiences that have turned all their religious concepts around, depending on the religion.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:32 PM

I have never had a regression, but if I had particularly strong fears or emotions not based on a rational cause in this life I certainly would seek this out.

I had just two short experiences. Both involve the ocean and I am not attracted to water the way that many people are.

One was a quick flashback. I was a young lady looking with what seemed to be longing out on the sea. I was walking in the sand along the coast. I heard tinkling every time I took a step and looked down and saw that I had these metal trinkets around my ankles and was dressed in some billowy pantaloons.

In the other I was just walking quickly through a well appointed room. I saw a stained glass window and looked down and my massive hand came down on a large wooden carved desk. I think I was an Irish sea captain. A very tall guy.

That was it, a couple of VERY real blips into the past.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:44 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
I have never had a regression, but if I had particularly strong fears or emotions not based on a rational cause in this life I certainly would seek this out.

I had just two short experiences. Both involve the ocean and I am not attracted to water the way that many people are.

One was a quick flashback. I was a young lady looking with what seemed to be longing out on the sea. I was walking in the sand along the coast. I heard tinkling every time I took a step and looked down and saw that I had these metal trinkets around my ankles and was dressed in some billowy pantaloons.

In the other I was just walking quickly through a well appointed room. I saw a stained glass window and looked down and my massive hand came down on a large wooden carved desk. I think I was an Irish sea captain. A very tall guy.

That was it, a couple of VERY real blips into the past.
I had one just for fun. It was more of a curiosity than anything. I did not put any emphasis on it at all...but it was interesting to say the least.

Old 01-30-2013, 06:40 PM

143 posts, read 220,467 times
Quote:
Many people have had actual experiences of their past lives.

People who believe in religion are usually believing dogma, something they have no first hand experience of. They are brainwashed.

People have had mystical experiences that have turned all their religious concepts around, depending on the religion.
'.

You speak of the experiential but I prefer rock-solid evidence of what the individual says they are experiencing.

In light of the recently announced forum guidelines, could we cool it on disparaging the religious with terms such as 'brainwashed'?

Old 01-30-2013, 07:48 PM

Sure looks like Brainwashing to me and it usually starts when you're young!

Religion: Brainwashing the kids since the Bronze Age - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal