U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 10:50 PM

9,745 posts, read 15,110,106 times

Advertisements

I'm 33 and the only thing that comes to mind in my past is something I posted in another thread:

Quote:
The only one that comes to mind for me is this: I was either in high school or it was shortly after high school, when I awoke one morning and immediately remembered a dream I had had during the night. All I could remember from the dream was seeing a long but minor cut on my arm, and another on my back. They weren't bad wounds, and the weirdest thing was the blood coming out of them was thick and chunky; it looked exactly like ketchup. No big deal, I thought, just a weird dream. But when I got in the bathroom and was about to take a shower, I glanced down at my arm and noticed a faint scar I had never seen before. The scar was more or less the same size and position as the cut in my dream. So then, out of curiosity, I picked up a hand mirror and looked at my back in the big bathroom mirror. In the middle of my back, also just like the dream, was a long scar I had never noticed before. I still can't explain that one.
But I think the most likely explanation for this is that I did know those scars were there, I had just forgotten about them. It's certainly not enough to convince me of anything supernatural.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 07:33 PM

112 posts, read 161,514 times
having the "ghosts" of deceased relative around me all my life.

Old 10-14-2012, 11:49 PM

5,244 posts, read 14,959,595 times
I don't think anyone ever will be able to convince you. You'll have something happen and change your mind. Or it'll happen and you'll just blow it off with a scientific explanation. Or nothing will happen and you'll remain skeptical. But I don't think anyone that anyone has ever said has ever changed the mind of someone on the fence.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:18 AM

13,605 posts, read 11,339,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
I don't think anyone ever will be able to convince you. You'll have something happen and change your mind. Or it'll happen and you'll just blow it off with a scientific explanation. Or nothing will happen and you'll remain skeptical. But I don't think anyone that anyone has ever said has ever changed the mind of someone on the fence.

Agreed. You have to see it with your own eyes. For some people, that's not even enough. They are just not comfortable with the paranormal, and that's okay. People are entitled to their own feelings and beliefs IMHO.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:59 PM

9,286 posts, read 10,378,461 times
I have NEVER in my life had anything strange, unexplainable, ghostly, paranormal, etc. ever happen to me & I'm 37 & I SURE HOPE I never encounter anything!!! All this kind of stuff gives me the creeps!

Old 10-15-2012, 04:41 PM

9,745 posts, read 15,110,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Agreed. You have to see it with your own eyes. For some people, that's not even enough. They are just not comfortable with the paranormal, and that's okay. People are entitled to their own feelings and beliefs IMHO.
For me, seeing it with my own eyes wouldn't necessarily be enough because of all the things I've read the human brain is capable of. It's truly mind boggling (no pun intended) what our own brains can make us think we see. I'm not saying that to try and take away from anyone else's experiences, I'm just saying that if something happened to me, I'd first investigate all the natural/physical explanations I could think of before considering supernatural possibilities.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:47 PM

1,004 posts, read 594,977 times
Can't say I've ever experienced anything supernatural, but I can't minimize anyone elses claims. I don't believe in spirits, ghost, etc...so this is obviously why. UFO's I'd be inclined to believe if I had a personal experience. I've always felt that we were not alone.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:59 AM

13,605 posts, read 11,339,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
For me, seeing it with my own eyes wouldn't necessarily be enough because of all the things I've read the human brain is capable of. It's truly mind boggling (no pun intended) what our own brains can make us think we see. I'm not saying that to try and take away from anyone else's experiences, I'm just saying that if something happened to me, I'd first investigate all the natural/physical explanations I could think of before considering supernatural possibilities.
I get what you're saying. I'm an analyst by trade. I deal with facts, numbers, logic. Some things I've seen simply defy all three, but I wouldn't expect anyone to just accept some random internet person's report on it. We're not talking wispy vapors and visions here. It takes a lot more to convince me.

Old 08-02-2013, 01:53 PM

1 posts, read 885 times
I have a question for all of you:
My 14 year old daughter has been 'haunted' by an invisible entity for the last 3 months. I KNOW HOW THIS SOUNDS....CRAZY, RIGHT? BUT THIS IS TRULY HAPPENING. She has been grabbed from a chair and slammed into the deck on the patio. That little episode left 3 long bruises on her back as if from a hand. She is experiencing something breathing on the back of her thigh...usually when she is just out of shower and she tells me it's only on one leg. She hears a LOT of whispering when she's alone, as well. She told me that it's a group of voices and they know her name because they call to her. She has been through a lot and I'm just wondering if these 'things' are attracted to her because she's a teenage girl. I've been told that spirits are for whatever reason, drawn to the emotional turmoil of a teenage girl. One psychic told me that this sounds like a classic poltergeist scenario and should stop once she reaches adulthood. I do NOT want her to have to endure another day of this crap....much less another 5 years!!!!
ANYONE with a REAL answer is welcome to reply. PLEASE no smart-asses. I have enough to deal with and I really only want to help the little girl who means more to me than my own life. So, any REAL answers out there????

Old 08-02-2013, 02:39 PM

5,720 posts, read 5,964,496 times
No paranormal experiences of any kind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal