U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 10:59 AM

24,682 posts, read 49,068,273 times

Advertisements

No spirits, no ghosts, no ESP, mind reading, no orbs, no OBE's...I guess there were 'weird coincidences' and what I thought were answered prayers...

The thing is I remain agnostic, open, yet at the same time skeptical. In terms of religion I was raised Christian but always struggled with the beliefs of mainstream Christianity. I consider myself naturally scientific, yet I've more open to the 'supernatural' than I was when I was a basically agnostic teen.

One time my uni friend was talking to me about ghosts really matter-of-factly, as believers do. He spoke as if he KNEW they existed, as if they were as real as anything else in this world. I asked if him he'd take me on a 'ghost-hunt' once but he kinda brushed it off, as if I was just a curiosity seeker. I haven't tried to involve myself in the paranormal since.

I'm just wondering if anyone else hasn't really experienced anything obviously supernatural like myself. I can't be a full believer unless I see it. Anyone willing to convince me?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2012, 11:40 AM

13,145 posts, read 20,406,781 times
I wish I could rejoin this club. It would sure make life simpler.

Old 10-07-2012, 02:37 PM

11,543 posts, read 14,571,198 times
Default Me.

Never had anything significant-Earlier this year i had a dream and could have sworn I hear the word "eight" spoken into my ear and even posted about it but nothing came of it and it was probably not real.

Old 10-07-2012, 07:19 PM

13,605 posts, read 11,272,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Never had anything significant-Earlier this year i had a dream and could have sworn I hear the word "eight" spoken into my ear and even posted about it but nothing came of it and it was probably not real.
When my uncle died in August that was his last word. A coincidence, but interesting.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:39 PM

11,149 posts, read 14,700,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
No spirits, no ghosts, no ESP, mind reading, no orbs, no OBE's...I guess there were 'weird coincidences' and what I thought were answered prayers...

The thing is I remain agnostic, open, yet at the same time skeptical. In terms of religion I was raised Christian but always struggled with the beliefs of mainstream Christianity. I consider myself naturally scientific, yet I've more open to the 'supernatural' than I was when I was a basically agnostic teen.

One time my uni friend was talking to me about ghosts really matter-of-factly, as believers do. He spoke as if he KNEW they existed, as if they were as real as anything else in this world. I asked if him he'd take me on a 'ghost-hunt' once but he kinda brushed it off, as if I was just a curiosity seeker. I haven't tried to involve myself in the paranormal since.

I'm just wondering if anyone else hasn't really experienced anything obviously supernatural like myself. I can't be a full believer unless I see it. Anyone willing to convince me?
It seems logical to assume that not too many non-believers would be posting in this forum.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:58 PM

20,786 posts, read 26,071,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I wish I could rejoin this club. It would sure make life simpler.

I'm with Chango. I'ts a club that will not have me for a member because certain things have happened to me ans most likely will continue to happen.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:41 AM

29,118 posts, read 28,147,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
It seems logical to assume that not too many non-believers would be posting in this forum.
That made me laugh.

You know, thought, that sometimes people who think that we're all delusional drop in just to set us straight. You should know; you probably have to delete some of the posts.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:51 AM

567 posts, read 904,038 times
I'm 27 and I have never had any kind of supernatural experience. Honestly, I don't believe a lot of what these people post about are supernatural but it's fun to read all the same.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:11 PM

11,149 posts, read 14,700,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post
I'm 27 and I have never had any kind of supernatural experience. Honestly, I don't believe a lot of what these people post about are supernatural but it's fun to read all the same.
Obviously, I assumed wrong .....

Old 10-11-2012, 09:08 PM

13,592 posts, read 22,224,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post

Aside from a tiny little bit of stupid ESP I have had nothing happen to me. I do have a couple of UFO's but in my world that means unfinished object.... quilting wise.

And I do think there is something out there, but just like some people are very sensitive to it, others are the exact opposite. That's me. I very probably will never have anything happen to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal