Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 08:47 PM

8,551 posts, read 10,973,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Who are you to say what does or doesn't work.

I say it does work. If it's not for you, fine, but this isn't a debate.
If you would (just to enlighten me) can you tell me the process you go through when smudging?
I would really like to know more about circumstances that make you feel you need to do this, and just what goes on when you do it.
Thanks.
Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 08:53 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,924,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
If you would (just to enlighten me) can you tell me the process you go through when smudging?
I would really like to know more about circumstances that make you feel you need to do this, and just what goes on when you do it.
Thanks.
Bob.
No, I am not going to cheapen, what I consider a sacred ritual to satisfy your curiosity.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:05 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,032,965 times
If you need something magical I can't imagine what could be greater than:

He's a genie with a gold earring! And, he's fifty per/cent stronger than he was last time!

Who cares what kind of magic is in it?

snopes.com: Dangerous Chemicals in Mr. Clean Magic Eraser

Old 10-17-2012, 09:22 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,671,533 times
Tee-hee....
Charles, thank you for that!

Old 10-17-2012, 11:27 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Would you mind telling me what you are using it for?

Bob.
I mind telling you all of what I use it for because some things are just sacred and personal however, I will tell you that I use it throughout my home when we move and we move a lot. It clears and cleanses any residual energy in the home left behind from the former renters. I've also used it in a shed on a John Deere Lawn Tractor to rid it of the negative energy attached to it. I use it in my vehicles as well before and after I have to take it to the shop for repair.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:28 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
If you need something magical I can't imagine what could be greater than:

He's a genie with a gold earring! And, he's fifty per/cent stronger than he was last time!

Who cares what kind of magic is in it?

snopes.com: Dangerous Chemicals in Mr. Clean Magic Eraser
I think I currently have about 20 of these in our home I can't imagine life without them and wonder what I did before they were invented, how sad is that.......

Old 10-17-2012, 11:33 PM

8,551 posts, read 10,973,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
No, I am not going to cheapen, what I consider a sacred ritual to satisfy your curiosity.

What is so sacred about it that you feel you need to keep it behind closed doors?
If it were all that good and sacred, you would be compelled to share it with the rest of the world.
I don't need you to explain any of it too me, I can do some research and find what it is I want to know.
By the way, I think you are an extremely rude person.
Bob.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:46 PM

659 posts, read 1,014,501 times
Originally Posted by imcurious

Quote:
Bob.

lol ignore it imcurious this is what Bob said to me
"and frankly I find your comments offensive.
Bob."

you're rude to him and I offended him. wonder who will upset him next.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:47 PM

Quote:
What is so sacred about it that you feel you need to keep it behind closed doors?
If it were all that good and sacred, you would be compelled to share it with the rest of the world.
I don't need you to explain any of it too me, I can do some research and find what it is I want to know.
Bob.
YOU think I am rude, when you came on this thread and stated that after "researching" on Wiki, you think smudging is "garbage?" Then you go on to state how ridiculous you find it . . .

My point is if you don't resonate with smudging, no problem - but why would you want to go out of your way to be so disrepectful of sacred ancient rituals?

Your Wiki quote also noted how important it is to pick sage at certain times - and you seemed to ridicule this, as well . . . these are time-tested practices, derived from masters and years of study - and you come in with one fell swoop and claim it's "garbage."

Yes, do your research - there is plenty of it on the web. I hope you learn something because it is a beautiful and effective ritual.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Ming View Post
Originally Posted by imcurious

lol ignore it imcurious this is what Bob said to me
"and frankly I find your comments offensive.
Bob."

you're rude to him and I offended him. wonder who will upset him next.
What the heck did you say that offended HIM? Sheesh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal