U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-19-2012, 01:34 PM
 
Location: Bordentown
1,705 posts, read 1,311,862 times
Reputation: 2533

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
In many threads and post in this forum dealing with the spirits, and paranormal behavior, many have said they saw a deceased relative or love one, while others claim to see "ghost" in a variety of places, and situations.
I know through experience, we are capable of communicating with those who have passed on, but seeing them is another thing.
Our human minds are capable of conjuring up all kinds of things, and seeing a spirit is just one of them.
As those who have read any of my post on the subject, I often recommend one particular book because I find that in all my research, this one particular edition seems to be right on the money when it comes to explaining spirits,and the worlds in which they exist.
I find no reason why the author of this book would use this medium to tell falsehoods.
There is nothing to be gained by doing this.
Many of the things I read in this book seem to offer a logical explanation to the many things we as humans fail to understand.
Getting back to humans "seeing" ghost or spirits; To understand why that is not possible, we need to know what a spirit is made of.
The Spirits' Book of which I speak, for the most part is written in a question answer format.
The Author, and those mediums working with him, are the ones asking the question, and the spirits are the ones answering them.
I am going to quote just a few question and answers from that book that deal with the "makeup" of spirits, and should provide enough proof that as humans we are not capable of seeing these ghost or spirits.

To begin:
Question- " Have souls a determinate,circumscribed,and unvarying form?"
Answer- "Not for eyes such as yours; but, for us, they have a form, though only to be vaguely imagined by you as a flame, a gleam, or an ethereal spark."
Question- "Is this flame or spark of any colour"?
Answer- "If you could see it, it would appear to you to vary from a dull grey to the brilliancy of the ruby, according to the degree of the spirit's purity."
Question- "Is the spirit properly so called, without a covering,or is it, as some declare, surrounded by a substance of some kind?"
Answer- "The spirit is enveloped in a substance which would appear to you as mere vapor, but which, nevertheless, appears very gross to us, though it is sufficiently vaporous to allow the spirit to float in the atmosphere, and to transport itself through space at pleasure".

These qualities described by the spirits themselves make it a mere impossibility for we humans to see a ghost or spirit as so many have claimed to have done.
These people who swear they have seen a loved one are seeing what they want to see, so they believe they are seeing these things.
The mind is a persuasive tool, and sometimes things are not as they seem.
Bob.
Are you talking about this book? http://www.geae.inf.br/en/books/codification/sb.pdf
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-19-2012, 05:24 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
7,156 posts, read 8,789,359 times
Reputation: 8868
That's the one.

Bob.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2012, 11:22 AM
 
13,605 posts, read 11,371,799 times
Reputation: 17732
I have seen some things. When I was young I lived in a house that seemed to have a very active presence, especially in my room. Covers would pull off me as if someone else was lying in the bed and rolled over, etc. One night there was a circular light shining on the wall.

Since I was such a logical, literal being, I thought it was a light coming in from the window (maybe a streetlight). I pulled the black out drapes completely shut. There were no lights on in my room or in the hallway. The light was still there. I climbed up and put my hand in front of the light from several angles, figuring if I cast a shadow I could detect where the light was coming from. Nope.

I never saw anything like it again after that one night, but other strange things did happen in that house.

I have never seen a "ghostly" human form, but I know someone who has. It wasn't interactive, it was residual energy. If I ever see a "shadow person" I'll probably pee my pants.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2012, 11:56 AM
 
24 posts, read 47,496 times
Reputation: 50
My son is 8 know, but when he was 4-5 in our old house he kept telling me he seen a man, a old man, he would see him in our garden, in various rooms, when i asked what he was like, he said he had a shirt in ( it varied in colour) and black trousers, gray hair, and a bity of a beard, and black eyes.... i thought it was a imagination running wild, Till he bagan saying it all the time.. look theres 'Alan' in this house we had alot of strange things happen... but i ignored it, as i am a busy mum, i did not want in any way to feel afraid of a night when the kids were actually asleep!
My then 2 yr old began seeing the same thing, and on picturesn i took i would see lights around them. I began to wonder, as he would at the same point look towards a point in the room, then my other son would say theres alan.

My dad is called alan, so i assumed he was using that name as he knew my dads real namne etc.
I was telling my neighbour, and she told me the man that lived in my house prior was named Alan... he passed away at 60. And he was the dad to my neighbour who lived 2 doors away! Still i was unsure. But as the months went on it began to scare my eldest, and he would come in scared in the day and night by alan.

So i then spoke to the lady who was the daughter of the man that lived in my house. She gave me a picture of him as she wanted to know if it could be him.

So that evening when it was quite i said to my son oh lets look at some photos... and got the album out, and i placed the one of Alan half way through.
When we came to it, he stopped talking and said 'MUMMY ITS ALAN!!!@ very shocked.... i asked him how he knew it was him... and he said i know it is... i see him just like that.... is he a real man then mummy... who is he??

this made me think twice about what people see, as i cant explain this... unless it is it was Alan.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2012, 12:01 PM
 
24 posts, read 47,496 times
Reputation: 50
Just adding... If he did not say the name... I may think that he just looked like who he thought... But to me the name... Looks, description, and the fact he lived there and passed away there in the back garden... well It all seems to point to the fact he was seeing Alan.
We moved not long after that. But I do think spirits show them selves how they choose too. How we precieve them too be. LIke when we see a bunch of shapes or lines, we automatically look for a face... something we relate too.
So maybe if they are inteligent, they can show themselves to us how they best choose.

LIke the story i told about my daughter on another thrread, and the doctor who came and spoke to me..... I seen her as a actual person and in no way thought she was not real..... It was only when all evidence pointed she was not i knew it..... and i know doctors and nurses wouold not lie to me...... so then again i cant explain that
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2012, 07:57 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
7,156 posts, read 8,789,359 times
Reputation: 8868
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyWally View Post
Just adding... If he did not say the name... I may think that he just looked like who he thought... But to me the name... Looks, description, and the fact he lived there and passed away there in the back garden... well It all seems to point to the fact he was seeing Alan.
We moved not long after that. But I do think spirits show them selves how they choose too. How we precieve them too be. LIke when we see a bunch of shapes or lines, we automatically look for a face... something we relate too.
So maybe if they are inteligent, they can show themselves to us how they best choose.

LIke the story i told about my daughter on another thrread, and the doctor who came and spoke to me..... I seen her as a actual person and in no way thought she was not real..... It was only when all evidence pointed she was not i knew it..... and i know doctors and nurses wouold not lie to me...... so then again i cant explain that

I am not saying you, or your son didn't see something.
I just refer you back to my post on page1, where the first question, and answer refute what you claim to have experienced.
It states "for eyes such as ours",we do not see spirits as you have described in your post.
There are many, many things I believe about spirits and the spirit world, but I tend to believe we are incapable of actually seeing them as a human being.
Bob.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2012, 01:16 PM
 
153 posts, read 490,958 times
Reputation: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostie View Post
I posted in this forum about something I saw in an apartment I used to live in- a very tall, all black form with no details- just all black. The friend I was standing with saw the same thing I did- a form that was almost as tall as our ceiling, which was 12 feet. Just standing there, facing us. We both screamed, ran for the car, and I asked her what she saw because I knew what I saw...but the fact that I shouldn't have seen something like that made me wonder at my own observance, and whether or not I was "seeing things". But...she saw the exact same thing- so unless we were both hallucinating along the same lines, whatever it was, was there. This certainly wasn't something I "wanted" to see, not at all- I'm a big chicken, and things like that are terrifying to me- but I still saw what I saw. And she saw what she saw. This was no intruder, as someone stated in the forum that I told about this in...there was only the front door, no back door, no window disturbances, no nothing. No way for an "intruder" to get in, or get out without it being obvious that that is what happened-

I don't think everything can be explained away in a rational way, I think there are "things" out there that we know nothing about, such as how they appear, etc.- who really knows where spirits, etc., come from, or what they are able to do as far as appearing to others, or why some see them, and others don't. I think a lot of times people dismiss it with a more realistic explanation, because it is hard to fathom and grasp it being something that we don't understand. That, and at times it is pretty scary.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2012, 05:52 AM
 
25,984 posts, read 28,460,698 times
Reputation: 26874
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
In many threads and post in this forum dealing with the spirits, and paranormal behavior, many have said they saw a deceased relative or love one, while others claim to see "ghost" in a variety of places, and situations.
I know through experience, we are capable of communicating with those who have passed on, but seeing them is another thing.
Our human minds are capable of conjuring up all kinds of things, and seeing a spirit is just one of them.
As those who have read any of my post on the subject, I often recommend one particular book because I find that in all my research, this one particular edition seems to be right on the money when it comes to explaining spirits,and the worlds in which they exist.
I find no reason why the author of this book would use this medium to tell falsehoods.
There is nothing to be gained by doing this.
Many of the things I read in this book seem to offer a logical explanation to the many things we as humans fail to understand.
Getting back to humans "seeing" ghost or spirits; To understand why that is not possible, we need to know what a spirit is made of.
The Spirits' Book of which I speak, for the most part is written in a question answer format.
The Author, and those mediums working with him, are the ones asking the question, and the spirits are the ones answering them.
I am going to quote just a few question and answers from that book that deal with the "makeup" of spirits, and should provide enough proof that as humans we are not capable of seeing these ghost or spirits.


To begin:
Question- " Have souls a determinate,circumscribed,and unvarying form?"
Answer- "Not for eyes such as yours; but, for us, they have a form, though only to be vaguely imagined by you as a flame, a gleam, or an ethereal spark."
Question- "Is this flame or spark of any colour"?
Answer- "If you could see it, it would appear to you to vary from a dull grey to the brilliancy of the ruby, according to the degree of the spirit's purity."
Question- "Is the spirit properly so called, without a covering,or is it, as some declare, surrounded by a substance of some kind?"
Answer- "The spirit is enveloped in a substance which would appear to you as mere vapor, but which, nevertheless, appears very gross to us, though it is sufficiently vaporous to allow the spirit to float in the atmosphere, and to transport itself through space at pleasure".

These qualities described by the spirits themselves make it a mere impossibility for we humans to see a ghost or spirit as so many have claimed to have done.
These people who swear they have seen a loved one are seeing what they want to see, so they believe they are seeing these things.
The mind is a persuasive tool, and sometimes things are not as they seem.
Bob.
You are suggesting one person and a couple mediums are absolutely, perfectly correct in rebuttle of each thread post. What gives these particular people any more credibility than an author and a handful of mediums who say otherwise.

"...should provide enough proof that as humans we are not capable of seeing these ghost or spirits."

So, we are all believe a small handful of people as stating fact, when there are just as many, if not more that could say otherwise? It proves nothing.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2012, 12:42 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
7,156 posts, read 8,789,359 times
Reputation: 8868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
You are suggesting one person and a couple mediums are absolutely, perfectly correct in rebuttle of each thread post. What gives these particular people any more credibility than an author and a handful of mediums who say otherwise.

"...should provide enough proof that as humans we are not capable of seeing these ghost or spirits."

So, we are all believe a small handful of people as stating fact, when there are just as many, if not more that could say otherwise? It proves nothing.

In that case, I would welcome you showing me in writing, where spirits have said just the opposite, that we can see them as human forms.
I don't want just your opinion, but stated fact from spirits, through mediums.
The ball is now in your court.
Bob.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2012, 01:47 PM
 
25,984 posts, read 28,460,698 times
Reputation: 26874
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
In that case, I would welcome you showing me in writing, where spirits have said just the opposite, that we can see them as human forms.
I don't want just your opinion, but stated fact from spirits, through mediums.
The ball is now in your court.
Bob.

You are joking, right? Just type in your browser "mediums can see spirits in human form" and pages and pages of it show up. But to humor you I'll just post a link.
__________________________________________________ ______________________________________
Today I share only my most remarkable experiences so that people like you can have life-changing sessions with these same people. However, my standards for what is extraordinary have risen a great deal, so I don’t write as many articles anymore. For this reason, when I do, you know that the session must have been something truly out of this world to get my attention and lead me to write about it. Consequently, this experience I’ve detailed for you below is exactly that. Click link for full article.

Top Resource On Psychics, Angels, Psychic Mediums, Clairvoyant Abilities, Spirit Communication, Spirit Artist, Channeling, Intuition, Tarot Readers, Grief Healing, Past Life Regression, Palm Reading, John Edward, Sylvia Browne, James Van Praagh, Geor (There is case after case after case here, below is one).


In case you haven’t been paying attention to all the media hype, there are people in this world who can communicate with spirits from the other side. They are called psychic mediums, or what I prefer to describe as “spirit messengers.” Whatever you prefer to call them, these spiritually gifted folks actually can see dead people—just like in the movie The Sixth Sense (although it is not at all scary the way Hollywood portrayed it).

One of these incredibly gifted, although not so famous, psychic mediums is from the Boston area. While she may not be widely known across the country, she has already earned a high reputation among Bostonians, even many New Englanders. Her name is Rita Berkowitz, and she takes the gift of mediumship to a new level—she can draw the spirits she sees as a medium. Rita is known as a Spirit Artist.

As if communicating with your deceased relatives wasn’t exciting enough, Rita Berkowitz also gives you a spirit drawing as additional “tangible” evidence that these people coming through in the reading continue to exist. Imagine getting a drawing of your deceased parent, grandparent, spouse, child or friend from a woman who has never met you and knows absolutely nothing about you. How much peace-of-mind might that provide you to know that your loved-one is still alive and well—and watching over you—in the spirit world? The emotional benefits of such a priceless gift are life-changing. __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Is he right? Are all these accounts true? Is his word the be all end all on mediums and psychics? Not anymore so than the ONE person you are citing.

Just because one person says it and you believe it doesn't make it fact. You can find anything and anyone to support a claim.

Last edited by Thursday007; 10-31-2012 at 01:58 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top