U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 03:03 PM

96 posts, read 155,659 times

Advertisements

Just because one person says it and you believe it doesn't make it fact. You can find anything and anyone to support a claim.
[/quote]

I agree with this. I would go so far to say that even if 1000 PEOPLE believe it and say it still doesn't make it true!

Kind of a strange, closed-minded post for this forum! Maybe you should be posting this in the religion forum.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 03:11 PM

13,145 posts, read 20,540,838 times
The ghost I saw looked like a real person (actually a little girl with a "bobbed" haircut and wearing a white dress with puffy sleeves). She was not see-through at all; what was weird was how she disappeared... like bad editing where somebody was in one frame of a filmstrip but not the next.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:17 PM

25,712 posts, read 25,315,363 times
Im not real sure, on this topic. Though I personally have nbever seen anything, there have been many instances where my kids have seen something ( we lived around the corner from a cemetery at one point) when they were younger, or someone I work with, or things that have happened with no explanation at my workplace.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:34 PM

5,128 posts, read 6,449,583 times
I question why the OP read one opinion from one writer, and concluded it was the final word.

That's very little evidence to stake an opinion on. You'd have to ignore all the mediums who say otherwise and they are far more numerous.

My sister lived in a haunted house for a year or so, with lots of weird stuff happening. She actually saw the ghost, a girl of about 12 years old, walk right past her open bedroom door. She was wearing red.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:44 PM

13,724 posts, read 16,908,549 times
When my daughter was about 2 to 4 years old, she used to refuse to go out to play in the back yard. When I asked her why she always said "that man" is in the back yard. She was always saying "that man." I would tell her there was no man and she insisted there was. I thought it was her imagination or she just didn't want to go outside. I asked her WHERE the man was in the back yard and she said sometimes he was on her swingset.

She also used to say she was seeing "colors" at night when we put her to bed. I told the pediatrician that and wondered if it might be migraines, but it wasn't that.

During the same time, she said to me "You know how sometimes someone is talking to you, but there's no one there?"

She's 27 now and she's perfectly sane and after about 4 years of age none of this happened. She also had night terrors a lot during those ages. Not sure if that's related; I have never thought it was, but who knows?

Old 10-31-2012, 11:50 PM

4,708 posts, read 4,141,876 times
If you consider that we are energy beings and that our mind is a filter for interpreting other energy patterns. Our mind interprets one energy 'blob' as what we have called "a table" and another as what we have called "a chair".

There is no differentce in "seeing" a table or chair or a spirit or ghostie - the difference is that we are able to receive those energies and make a picture of it inside our brian and 'see' it in our head.

Everyone is being too literal and thinking in only 3D terms whereas if you consider that we are energy beings perceiving other energy areas, then you will conclude that everything is just a matter of whether we can receive the frequency or not. I may be like a crystal radio and only be able to 'see' a few energy (radio) stations and you may be like a super-duper radio which can pick up short wave, FM, AM and longwave bands. That would allow you to 'see' or receive a lot of what I cannot.

Therefore, I do believe that some people can pick up energies belonging to different frequencies.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:36 AM

380 posts, read 1,076,017 times
^^^Great explanation. But, that isn't what the OP was saying. He seemed to be saying that humans can't see spirits and for folks who have seen them, then, it must have been their imagination.

Old 11-01-2012, 11:58 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,756,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knt1229 View Post
^^^Great explanation. But, that isn't what the OP was saying. He seemed to be saying that humans can't see spirits and for folks who have seen them, then, it must have been their imagination.
"B-i-n-g-o". You win the prize.

Bob.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:25 AM

25,982 posts, read 28,425,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
"B-i-n-g-o". You win the prize.

Bob.

Don't get too excited there Bob, as it appears the person is not agreeing with you, just simplifying the definition of your point.

So, you asked for information from me and I have provided it - thoughts? Ball is in your court.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:29 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,756,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
I question why the OP read one opinion from one writer, and concluded it was the final word.

That's very little evidence to stake an opinion on. You'd have to ignore all the mediums who say otherwise and they are far more numerous.

My sister lived in a haunted house for a year or so, with lots of weird stuff happening. She actually saw the ghost, a girl of about 12 years old, walk right past her open bedroom door. She was wearing red.
Over the past twenty two years, I have read hundreds of articles on the subject, and of ALL those, the information I use to base my beliefs on seems the most credible.
As my friend Bill O'Reilly states, "we give you the facts, fair and balanced,and it is up to you the viewer to make up your own mind".
With all the information I have read on this subject. I have made up my mind, using credibility as the scorecard, and my sources are too me, the most credible.

Bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal