U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 10:04 AM

5,128 posts, read 6,410,339 times

Advertisements

Bob,

How you explain it when more than one person sees the same ghost, and describes it exactly the same?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 04:06 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,663,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Bob,

How you explain it when more than one person sees the same ghost, and describes it exactly the same?

Two ways:
Mental telepathy and, or, the power of suggestion.
Bob.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:15 AM

29,200 posts, read 28,273,276 times
CALGUY, you have never seen a "ghost"?

Old 11-04-2012, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Two ways: Mental telepathy and, or, the power of suggestion.
What do you mean? You think one person dreams it up in their mind, and the other person picks up on what the first person sees in their mind by telepathy?

There are haunted hotels and inns. People who don't even know each other stay in these places as guests and report seeing the same thing ... over decades.

It's possible to make this more complicated than it is. I think you're jumping through mental hoops not to believe people can see ghosts.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:00 PM

25,983 posts, read 28,304,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
What do you mean? You think one person dreams it up in their mind, and the other person picks up on what the first person sees in their mind by telepathy?

There are haunted hotels and inns. People who don't even know each other stay in these places as guests and report seeing the same thing ... over decades.

It's possible to make this more complicated than it is. I think you're jumping through mental hoops not to believe people can see ghosts.

He asks me to provide examples and I give him what he wants and doesn't even look at it or comment on it because if he actually opened the link and saw that story about the woman I posted he would have seen the pictures of the 'ghosts' she saw and drew and then their actual picture next to them. He had his mind made up before he even posted this thread so it's like wasted wind at this point.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:23 PM

934 posts, read 1,851,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Two ways:
Mental telepathy and, or, the power of suggestion.
Bob.
I find it interesting that you don't have trouble with the idea of mental telepathy, and yet you believe that people can't physically see someone in the spirit world. I think it would be just as difficult to "explain" and realistically understand the workings of mental telepathy, as it would to explain the ability that some seem to have of seeing a spirit or ghost.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:24 PM

934 posts, read 1,851,649 times
As an afterthought, just because you don't understand something certainly doesn't make it not so.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:56 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,663,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
He asks me to provide examples and I give him what he wants and doesn't even look at it or comment on it because if he actually opened the link and saw that story about the woman I posted he would have seen the pictures of the 'ghosts' she saw and drew and then their actual picture next to them. He had his mind made up before he even posted this thread so it's like wasted wind at this point.

I read the link you posted, and that situation is entirely different than what my original post is about.
This man was under hypnosis, or put into a mild trance.
In that state it is easy to imagine anything.
I am referring to those who claim to see spirits in human form, under no such trance.
As I stated earlier, I know we can communicate with spirits.
I have done it more times than I could possibly count, but this thing about actually seeing them as a human form is a long, long stretch from reality.
Bob.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:02 AM

35,104 posts, read 44,410,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
That is the exact reason I won't post much if any on this part of the forum any longer, I do not wish to do battle with someone who has no respect for others gifts and who is more than willing to tell you how wrong you are and their way is the ONLY way.

PS ~~ The ignore list option works very well.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
That is the exact reason I won't post much if any on this part of the forum any longer, I do not wish to do battle with someone who has no respect for others gifts and who is more than willing to tell you how wrong you are and their way is the ONLY way.

PS ~~ The ignore list option works very well.
I don't know that I'd go so far as to ignore someone just because I don't agree with them ... as long as they're polite in their disagreement.

But I will say I find the OP close-minded. I get a hoot out of anyone thinking they have the definitive answer to such a huge subject. There's a lack of humility in that certainty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal