U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 07:10 AM

934 posts, read 1,850,977 times

Advertisements

I'm curious, Calguy- if you have talked to spirits numerous times, then you must be aware that they exist- why is it so hard to imagine that some people can actually see them, sometimes? Not everyone is able to talk to them, I certainly never have...but I don't doubt for a minute that others have. Why is it such a stretch to imagine that some people have actually seen them, but not a stretch to imagine talking to them? I wonder if it's because you have talked to them, so you have no trouble believing that-but you've never actually seen one, so you just decided that it is an impossibility and completely shut your mind off to the idea that they can be seen- and you are looking for justification for what you believe. I suppose I could understand that you need "proof".

I think that there is so much we don't understand about what "they" are, and what their capabilities are- but it would seem that given the fact that they are "spirit", their capabilities are far beyond our own, insofar as what they are able to do, who they choose to speak with, show themselves to, etc.- since we are humans in the body, it's hard for us to imagine anything that doesn't jibe with what our senses are able to understand-and I think a lot of times if it is beyond our understanding, we just close our minds off to the possibilities that things could be different than what our personal experience shows us.

Or....maybe you are "daring them" to show themselves to you, and prove your theory wrong, who knows, lol.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 11:06 AM

25,958 posts, read 28,293,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I read the link you posted, and that situation is entirely different than what my original post is about.
This man was under hypnosis, or put into a mild trance.
In that state it is easy to imagine anything.
I am referring to those who claim to see spirits in human form, under no such trance.
As I stated earlier, I know we can communicate with spirits.
I have done it more times than I could possibly count, but this thing about actually seeing them as a human form is a long, long stretch from reality.
Bob.

Apparently, you didn't read all the articles in there. To humor your question i gave you one link to one example, but if you had wanted to do serious, respectful, dilligent research, you would have gone to the home page to read about the man who wrote these articles and read a few more. I don't believe you are interested in entertaining any opposing viewpoint and you have made your conclusions.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:09 AM

25,958 posts, read 28,293,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
That is the exact reason I won't post much if any on this part of the forum any longer, I do not wish to do battle with someone who has no respect for others gifts and who is more than willing to tell you how wrong you are and their way is the ONLY way.

PS ~~ The ignore list option works very well.

Okay, this really is ridiculous. I said wasted wind as that it implies we are trying to discuss some things and this OP had clearly made up his mind and no amount of proof from other sources was going to change that.

I even put in my information to him, and I quote, "Is he right? Is he as right as other people who think otherwise? (The sources I used). Meaning, either could be right. Not once have I ever told this OP that the viewpoint he/she has is wrong and totally wrong and there is no other viewpoint. I think your post belongs to the OP and not to me.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:46 PM

6,955 posts, read 8,657,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Apparently, you didn't read all the articles in there. To humor your question i gave you one link to one example, but if you had wanted to do serious, respectful, dilligent research, you would have gone to the home page to read about the man who wrote these articles and read a few more. I don't believe you are interested in entertaining any opposing viewpoint and you have made your conclusions.
You are correct in that I did not read all the articles.
Obviously that would take a great deal of time.
One that I did read was the article about Rita Berkowitz in Boston.
Too the novice, it would appear her talents are somewhat overwhelming and that of an extremely gifted medium.
To me, it is nothing unusual, and the fact that she seems able to "draw" people who have passed on, again, is nothing unusual.
She is in no way "seeing" these people who have passed on.
If you care to involve yourself in the study of spirit behavior, you will find that automatic writing is second nature to spirits.
Ms. Berkowitz's drawings are nothing more than automatic writing in the form of art.
Physically as a human being, she is moving the pen on the paper, but her hand and thoughts are being controlled by the spirit with whom she is in contact with.
Absolutely nothing ground breaking here.
When I do have the time, I will look into other articles in that link, but I have to say in the two I have read so far, I see nothing astonishing about either one of them.
Bob.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:41 PM

78 posts, read 72,824 times
Calguy, how would you explain the abilities of Amy Allan (of the TV program "The Dead Files") who employs a sketch artist to render her perceptions of the dead?

Assuming this program is on the level, her sketches often have lined up with photographs of deceased individuals associated with a potentially 'haunted' location.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzytx View Post
Calguy, how would you explain the abilities of Amy Allan (of the TV program "The Dead Files") who employs a sketch artist to render her perceptions of the dead?

Assuming this program is on the level, her sketches often have lined up with photographs of deceased individuals associated with a potentially 'haunted' location.

I believe there is one important quality of most, if not all spirits that we humans just are unable to grasp, and that is perception.
In this human existence, we are not capable (by purpose) to know, or be able to recognize all of spiritual behavior.
One thing experience has taught me, is the spiritual power of mental telepathy.
It is one , if not the most, used device in the spirit world.
One needs to be aware that everything we as humans experience is a direct result of not only the spirit within each of us, but those who are on the other side.
Spirits are constantly in contact with one another.
So to answer your question how is Ms. Allan able to have these sketches produced by her seemingly being able to envision people who have passed on?
Again, it is totally done by the spirits.
She as a human, is only the conduit for these actions.
If you think that she is the one who is "seeing" these dead folks, I believe you are sadly mistaken.
She is , as I stated in the post above, doing nothing unusual.
From what I was able to gather, her partner in these ventures is the one actually doing the sketches.
One would wonder how that is possible.
Well, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand how this is being accomplished.
Does the term "Mental Telepathy" ring any bells?
Through this process, Ms Allan conveys the vision her spirit has given her, and through her spirits ability at mental telepathy, the partner is able to draw a sketch through automatic writing.
There are many things that we as humans don't understand regarding spirits, and their behavior, but on the other hand, there are many things we have come to know over the years.
Some will never be made available to us.
As for all mediums, the term "gifted" seems a bit exaggerated.
True, they are a select group of humans that are able to communicate on a variety of levels, with spirits, but if it were not the spirit's intentions to allow these people to do what they do, there would be no mediums.
Because they seem to have this unusual ability that most of us don't, we proudly proclaim them as being "gifted", when in reality they are nothing more than a chosen human to carry out the desire of the spirits.
I have stated in this post, as well as others, that we humans are nothing more than a tool to be used by the spirits in what ever they wish.
In the case of "Mediums", that is soley being made available, and guided by the spirits.
I don't feel it is a "special gift", but rather a spirit way of communication with the human species.
We are getting a bit off topic, but I felt it was important to give some insight as to why and how mediums have come about.
Now the question arises, "Calguy, how do you claim to know so much, and why are your words the right ones"?
Let me state here and now (and hopefully for the last time), Liker most interested in this subject, I have read much over the years, and like everyone else, after studying, make a decision on what I have read, coupled with experiences I have also had.
Those things give me the ammunition I need to make a thoughtful, and in-depth decision.
It is up to those reading what I post to believe, or disbelieve what I say.
I think it is important to get the information out there, and let the folks reading it make up there own mind.
By lack of understanding, we as humans don't have all the answers.
We constantly contradict one another with our views and opinions.
There is actually only one true source for anything we encounter, be it learning something new, of reliving an old experience, and that source is the spirits themselves.
More often than not, we as humans are not privy to everything, and that is how it is supposed to be.
Bob.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:23 PM

78 posts, read 72,824 times
Through this process, Ms Allan conveys the vision her spirit has given her, and through her spirits ability at mental telepathy, the partner is able to draw a sketch through automatic writing.

I can buy that Amy may be having a vision given to her but the sketch artists that are used follow a standard format used by law enforcement. They only draw what she tells them to draw. When they get it wrong, they erase and start over. Occam's Razor would suggest that there need not be any telepathy going on with the sketch artist. She describes - they draw.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzytx View Post

I can buy that Amy may be having a vision given to her but the sketch artists that are used follow a standard format used by law enforcement. They only draw what she tells them to draw. When they get it wrong, they erase and start over. Occam's Razor would suggest that there need not be any telepathy going on with the sketch artist. She describes - they draw.

Ok, then the answer is, she is instructing the artist what to draw, be it through telepathy, or verbal command.
The point is, she is NOT seeing the subject herself, but her spirit is, and that spirit is instructing the artist what to draw.
Again, it is no earth shattering event.
It is nothing more than spirit intervention.
Bob.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:23 AM

24 posts, read 46,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I am not saying you, or your son didn't see something.
I just refer you back to my post on page1, where the first question, and answer refute what you claim to have experienced.
It states "for eyes such as ours",we do not see spirits as you have described in your post.
There are many, many things I believe about spirits and the spirit world, but I tend to believe we are incapable of actually seeing them as a human being.
Bob.

I know you are not going too, or are disputing what i say .... as you were not their nor did you witness or see anything yourself, so for you to say he did or did not see what i told you would be wrong.
Like many people i did not, and still too a point do not fully belive in spirits, as there is No evidence to say there is. But after this exeriance with my child whom could of not known this information, nor could he of heard it from anyone i have to belive what he tells me, this then opens u my mind to the possibility.
Then on what hapened to myself whilst awaiting my daughter to come from her heart operation, Know i know 100% i spoke to a nurse, i saw her clear as day, she told me all about the operation, where my daughter was, etc. But then when i ask the doctor im told she was not there and infact no nurse was of that name, age, or description. So i was left feeling a bit confused, then when i am told by another nurse that this lady had been seen before, and that she was a 'spirit' i still was not 100% convinced as she was as real as you or I.
But i went on what i saw, what i was told. Thats all any of us can do. No one can say what anyone saw is there imagination, as if that was the case, then boy, my son has some accurate imagination, and i have some very medically knowledgable imagination, and can see visions of whats hapening to my daughter.
Either way, if someone tells me they seen a shadow, heard a noise, or seen a full bodied aparition i will take what they say and belive what they saw. I understand to a degree what you are saying, But whether humans are capable off seeing spirits or not there is No definate answer and no proof so really no one can no for sure, we all have our own opinions and experiances, But i feel as long as we are respectful to others opinions, and experiances and listen then one day i'm sure we will all know for sure, Till then we just have to carry on and help one another best we can.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:18 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,518,169 times
People have seen ghost wether you believe it or not. People have seen them in a human or humanoid form. Last night i saw a doppelganger of my girlfriend. Ill spar you the details, calguy, since its all bull malarky and it was wind or sewer gas to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal