U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-12-2012, 12:10 AM
 
Location: PRC
4,693 posts, read 4,125,082 times
Reputation: 4169

Advertisements

Quote:
...It is up to those reading what I post to believe, or disbelieve what I say.
I think it is important to get the information out there, and let the folks reading it make up there own mind.
By lack of understanding, we as humans don't have all the answers.
We constantly contradict one another with our views and opinions.
There is actually only one true source for anything we encounter, be it learning something new, of reliving an old experience, and that source is the spirits themselves.
More often than not, we as humans are not privy to everything, and that is how it is supposed to be.
Bob.
Well Bob,
It seems to me that you believe we humans are second best to spirits. From that I conclude that you do not think there is anything 'extra' to that which we 'see' with our 3D eyes. I guess too that you have a feeling that humans are less powerful than those in the spirit world.

So, I would ask you this.
Are we not the same - spirits and us, but at different stages of awareness and of different abilities?

If we lived in other dimensions where the energy was not as dense as it is here, and if we were not so distorted as a result of historical pairings and manipulations, we would probably be the same as these beings in the spirit worlds.

I do not think that I am a lesser being than any in the spirit world. I feel that there are parts of the greater 'me' which are just as wonderful and skillful as these spiritual beings you are referring to. I do not want to take my direction or orders from anyone in the spirit world as I feel that this would leave me open to manipulation and control.

I think there are probably spiritual beings just the same as humans are here - some are spiritual and some are not and as such they happen to make up a bunch of beings who live in another dimension and who are practiced in moving into this dimension. We currently dont have those skills just like we dont have the telepathy skills either.

You have to wonder why they would bother with humans if they have so many skills which we dont have. It must be rather like trying to talk to rabbits perhaps. There must be concepts which our speech way of communicating cannot possibly convey in a reasonably meaningful way and there are definitely things which they experience which we often do not.

So why?

I do not think it is because they are all so loving and kind because there are many who are not this way, yet they still interact with us. I feel there must be some other agenda - either we have something they do not have or else they do not have anything better to do than to amuse themselves with us.

Undoubtedly, there are some beings in the spirit world who want to help everyone, but I would say that the majority do not have that wish - just like we do not want to. If we did, there would be no wars, would there?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-12-2012, 01:06 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
7,049 posts, read 8,740,100 times
Reputation: 8815
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Well Bob,
It seems to me that you believe we humans are second best to spirits. From that I conclude that you do not think there is anything 'extra' to that which we 'see' with our 3D eyes. I guess too that you have a feeling that humans are less powerful than those in the spirit world.

So, I would ask you this.
Are we not the same - spirits and us, but at different stages of awareness and of different abilities?

If we lived in other dimensions where the energy was not as dense as it is here, and if we were not so distorted as a result of historical pairings and manipulations, we would probably be the same as these beings in the spirit worlds.

I do not think that I am a lesser being than any in the spirit world. I feel that there are parts of the greater 'me' which are just as wonderful and skillful as these spiritual beings you are referring to. I do not want to take my direction or orders from anyone in the spirit world as I feel that this would leave me open to manipulation and control.

I think there are probably spiritual beings just the same as humans are here - some are spiritual and some are not and as such they happen to make up a bunch of beings who live in another dimension and who are practiced in moving into this dimension. We currently dont have those skills just like we dont have the telepathy skills either.

You have to wonder why they would bother with humans if they have so many skills which we dont have. It must be rather like trying to talk to rabbits perhaps. There must be concepts which our speech way of communicating cannot possibly convey in a reasonably meaningful way and there are definitely things which they experience which we often do not.

So why?

I do not think it is because they are all so loving and kind because there are many who are not this way, yet they still interact with us. I feel there must be some other agenda - either we have something they do not have or else they do not have anything better to do than to amuse themselves with us.

Undoubtedly, there are some beings in the spirit world who want to help everyone, but I would say that the majority do not have that wish - just like we do not want to. If we did, there would be no wars, would there?
If ever there were a candidate that I feel would benefit from reading "the spirits book" that I have recommended many times on this forum, it would be you.
It just might give you a whole new perspective on this subject, along with some food for thought.
There is a link to the book some where on this forum.
I think you might be surprised after reading this book.
Bob.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2012, 07:57 PM
 
Location: PRC
4,693 posts, read 4,125,082 times
Reputation: 4169
Thanks but no thanks. As I have mentioned many times on here, I spent a long time being a sprirtualist and attending medium developments circles, seances, going to lectures, talks, meditations, all kinds of things and now I have grown away from that way of thinking. However, I did learn many things at that time and so I am grateful and would not have missed it for the interesting and exciting times it brought.

So, rather than telling me to read the book, I suggest that you answer some of the points I and others raised. Otherwise it would seem like you just want to promote the book and not really engage in the discussion - which you started.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2012, 09:36 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
7,049 posts, read 8,740,100 times
Reputation: 8815
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Thanks but no thanks. As I have mentioned many times on here, I spent a long time being a sprirtualist and attending medium developments circles, seances, going to lectures, talks, meditations, all kinds of things and now I have grown away from that way of thinking. However, I did learn many things at that time and so I am grateful and would not have missed it for the interesting and exciting times it brought.

So, rather than telling me to read the book, I suggest that you answer some of the points I and others raised. Otherwise it would seem like you just want to promote the book and not really engage in the discussion - which you started.
Answering the questions you posted would do no good, as you already have made up your mind regarding the questions you asked.
In that case, providing answers would be a moot point.
I could answer all those questions, but in your case, what good would it do?
Apparently your already have the answers you want to believe.
Bob.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2012, 09:21 PM
 
25,712 posts, read 25,304,737 times
Reputation: 44382
Ive known people to have had experiences but never really experienced one myself...till I worked for a Lowes store in Calif. I was standing in an aisle talking to one of my buddies and something literally flew off a shelf and anded on the floor behind me. This box of items was not on an edge nor was it unbalanced, the particular aisle we were in was notorious for things happening from tome to time. Scared the heck out of both of us!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2012, 06:31 PM
 
8,271 posts, read 4,546,954 times
Reputation: 9380
When I was 10, my parents moved to a brownstone which had been closed for many years. The room next to the kitchen was always freezing cold. My Mom put a portable heater in there but it did no good at all. I did not like going in there because it gave me the creeps. Even our cat would not go into that room. One day I went in there and saw an old woman, dressed all in black, with a long grey braid, hanging from a fixture on the ceiling. The name Maria came to me. I ran screaming from the room.
My was very upset about this and told the landlord what I had seen. Very reluctently, he told her that his Grandma, Maria, had committed suicide in that room. This was why they had closed the building for many years.
I have seen, and heard, other spirits (residual and communicating) over the years. I blocked this, and my precognition, for many, many years because it would disrupt my life. Yes, you can block and control it, but it will NEVER go away. It is something you are born with and it's just a part of who you are. I also believe these "abilities" are genetic and other family members will also have these gifts. It really doesn't matter to me who believes this. It just is what it is.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2012, 09:28 PM
 
Location: PRC
4,693 posts, read 4,125,082 times
Reputation: 4169
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Answering the questions you posted would do no good, as you already have made up your mind regarding the questions you asked.
In that case, providing answers would be a moot point.
I could answer all those questions, but in your case, what good would it do?
Apparently your already have the answers you want to believe.
Bob.
The point is that most people do not have the time to go read a book and also possibly do not want to be indoctrinated with a specific whole concept of Life, the Universe and Everything. They just want sound bites and since you have read it and promote it to us all, I thought it would be a good opportunity for you to answer these questions. You appear to be avoiding the issues which may get raised in the answers, so I wonder how good this solution really is.

So many orthodox religious folks use the "read the Bible" excuse and it seems you are using the "read the Book" excuse too.

It really does not matter whether I am convinced or not, there are plenty more people on here who want answers to questions which you are saying the book provides. Yes, I have my answers, but it does not stop me asking you pertinent and relevant questions does it? I am not the one offering a 'solution' like you are. Are you suggesting that no-one should question your authority? If so, that is very arrogant and bombastic.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2012, 11:12 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
7,049 posts, read 8,740,100 times
Reputation: 8815
Quote:
Are you suggesting that no-one should question your authority? If so, that is very arrogant and bombastic.
I am not advocating that people "take" my word for anything.
What I do advocate is that they read up on the subject so they can make a viable decision on their own.

I just happen to rely on the spirit's book because, of everything I have read on the subject, this book is much more informative.
Bob.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2012, 05:23 AM
 
19,310 posts, read 25,987,829 times
Reputation: 37455
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
That is the exact reason I won't post much if any on this part of the forum any longer, I do not wish to do battle with someone who has no respect for others gifts and who is more than willing to tell you how wrong you are and their way is the ONLY way.

PS ~~ The ignore list option works very well.
csd, there are nosepickers everywhere, but they should never detract from the majority,
as in other parts of life, don't be swayed by the lowest common denominator.

most on here are wise enough to know life isnt black and white, and for those that NEED life to be packaged neatly, are most likely running (or can't face) what they are running from.

We have two births, one into life, and another into afterlife
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2013, 02:51 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles
7,049 posts, read 8,740,100 times
Reputation: 8815
There is another thread in line with the subject of this thread, and I posted what I feel could be a more than reasonable explanation as to how people "see" ghost and spirits.
Lately I have come across numerous post on other forums where people have experienced seeing ghost, and after giving it a lot of thought, I think I may have come up with the answer.
Here is the link to that thread.

//www.city-data.com/forum/unexp...car-crash.html

Bob.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top