U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 03:46 PM

7,931 posts, read 6,290,389 times

Advertisements

Bob, you are an evangelist for this "spirit book" as other evangelists are for the bible. You believe this is the one true word on the subject and will accept no other explanations for anything that do not square with your whole hearted acceptance of this book as some sort of gospel. I think this is the textbook definition of close-mindedness. I consider your opinions as I do those of others who continuously refer to their bible the same way. No book is definitive on ANY subject, and in MY OPINION no book, spirit, bible, or otherwise, has the answer to things that simply cannot be proven. ALL books, your spirit book, the bible, and everything in every library in the world, were written by men/women. All humans are subject to the big lump of grey matter within their skulls and the bizarre network of electrical impulses found therein. All of those writings are subject to verification by others, and are worthy of healthy skepticism. To brook no argument after posting a provocative post seems like you are just baiting an argument.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 05:31 AM

131 posts, read 138,929 times
Ok, I'm unsure what Bob is trying to do here, because I actually have read The Spirit book and I know it states:
95. Does the semi material envelope of the spirit assume determinate forms, and can it become perceptible for us?

"Yes; it can assume any form that the spirit may choose to give it. It is thus that a spirit is able to sometimes to make himself visible to you, whether in dreams or in your waking state, and can take a form that may be visible, and even palpable, for your senses”.

It's not very nice to pick and choose phrases like that.

Old 08-13-2013, 06:44 PM

6,925 posts, read 8,629,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnsleepy View Post
Ok, I'm unsure what Bob is trying to do here, because I actually have read The Spirit book and I know it states:
95. Does the semi material envelope of the spirit assume determinate forms, and can it become perceptible for us?

"Yes; it can assume any form that the spirit may choose to give it. It is thus that a spirit is able to sometimes to make himself visible to you, whether in dreams or in your waking state, and can take a form that may be visible, and even palpable, for your senses”.

It's not very nice to pick and choose phrases like that.
Quoting from the same book, in my original posting, it would appear the information contained is a bit contradictory in what it states.
I would assume that is because the interpretation by one of the mediums involved in it's creation was misguided.
So we are left with which do we choose.
Do we believe we can "see" these spirits, or are they "not for eyes such as your's"?
I still believe when a human "sees" a ghost or spirit, they are seeing it through the eyes of the spirit within, and not with human perception.
I think that is why some are able to see, while others are not.
It is up to the spirit within.
Bob.

Old 08-14-2013, 01:57 PM

4,527 posts, read 5,445,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Quoting from the same book, in my original posting, it would appear the information contained is a bit contradictory in what it states.
I would assume that is because the interpretation by one of the mediums involved in it's creation was misguided.
So we are left with which do we choose.
Do we believe we can "see" these spirits, or are they "not for eyes such as your's"?
I still believe when a human "sees" a ghost or spirit, they are seeing it through the eyes of the spirit within, and not with human perception.
I think that is why some are able to see, while others are not.
It is up to the spirit within.
Bob.

based on my experiences--i must disagree--what i saw had no connection to anything in my life or my current experience at the times i saw them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal