Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 06:42 PM

8,553 posts, read 10,978,234 times

Advertisements

In many threads and post in this forum dealing with the spirits, and paranormal behavior, many have said they saw a deceased relative or love one, while others claim to see "ghost" in a variety of places, and situations.
I know through experience, we are capable of communicating with those who have passed on, but seeing them is another thing.
Our human minds are capable of conjuring up all kinds of things, and seeing a spirit is just one of them.
As those who have read any of my post on the subject, I often recommend one particular book because I find that in all my research, this one particular edition seems to be right on the money when it comes to explaining spirits,and the worlds in which they exist.
I find no reason why the author of this book would use this medium to tell falsehoods.
There is nothing to be gained by doing this.
Many of the things I read in this book seem to offer a logical explanation to the many things we as humans fail to understand.
Getting back to humans "seeing" ghost or spirits; To understand why that is not possible, we need to know what a spirit is made of.
The Spirits' Book of which I speak, for the most part is written in a question answer format.
The Author, and those mediums working with him, are the ones asking the question, and the spirits are the ones answering them.
I am going to quote just a few question and answers from that book that deal with the "makeup" of spirits, and should provide enough proof that as humans we are not capable of seeing these ghost or spirits.

To begin:
Question- " Have souls a determinate,circumscribed,and unvarying form?"
Answer- "Not for eyes such as yours; but, for us, they have a form, though only to be vaguely imagined by you as a flame, a gleam, or an ethereal spark."
Question- "Is this flame or spark of any colour"?
Answer- "If you could see it, it would appear to you to vary from a dull grey to the brilliancy of the ruby, according to the degree of the spirit's purity."
Question- "Is the spirit properly so called, without a covering,or is it, as some declare, surrounded by a substance of some kind?"
Answer- "The spirit is enveloped in a substance which would appear to you as mere vapor, but which, nevertheless, appears very gross to us, though it is sufficiently vaporous to allow the spirit to float in the atmosphere, and to transport itself through space at pleasure".

These qualities described by the spirits themselves make it a mere impossibility for we humans to see a ghost or spirit as so many have claimed to have done.
These people who swear they have seen a loved one are seeing what they want to see, so they believe they are seeing these things.
The mind is a persuasive tool, and sometimes things are not as they seem.
Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 07:22 PM

380 posts, read 1,155,962 times
My mother had an experience in her workplace where she kept seeing a man standing outside a co-workers office. She had never seen the man before. One day while standing at the secretary's desk she noticed a new pic the secretary had placed on her desk. One of the people in the pic was the man my mother had seen. When my mother told the woman she had seen this man outside of another co-worker's office the secretary was shocked. She told my mother there was no way my mother could have seen this man. My mother insisted and described what the man was wearing which was different than what the man was wearing in the pic. The secretary said that certainly sounds like him, but, he passed away years before my mother started working there. The office my mother saw him standing in front of had been his office.

Being that my mother had never met this man before there is no way she could have imagined him. Her description was of his demeanor and clothes was spot on so she didn't just "see things".

I believe that the way a spirit appears to someone can be based on the individual looking. For instance, a spirit may appear as a crystal clear human form to one person and a ball of light or quick movement in the peripheral vision to another.

But, spirits or ghost do exist and can be seen.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knt1229 View Post
My mother had an experience in her workplace where she kept seeing a man standing outside a co-workers office. She had never seen the man before. One day while standing at the secretary's desk she noticed a new pic the secretary had placed on her desk. One of the people in the pic was the man my mother had seen. When my mother told the woman she had seen this man outside of another co-worker's office the secretary was shocked. She told my mother there was no way my mother could have seen this man. My mother insisted and described what the man was wearing which was different than what the man was wearing in the pic. The secretary said that certainly sounds like him, but, he passed away years before my mother started working there. The office my mother saw him standing in front of had been his office.

Being that my mother had never met this man before there is no way she could have imagined him. Her description was of his demeanor and clothes was spot on so she didn't just "see things".

I believe that the way a spirit appears to someone can be based on the individual looking. For instance, a spirit may appear as a crystal clear human form to one person and a ball of light or quick movement in the peripheral vision to another.

But, spirits or ghost do exist and can be seen.
I would suggest you re-read the first question and answer I quoted from that book.

The two words to place emphasis on are,"vaguely imagined", in the answer.
Bob.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:21 AM

29 posts, read 60,688 times
When my wife was in the hospital recovering from neck surgery, I stayed the night in the 9th-floor room with her a couple times.

Late one night I got up to stretch my legs, and walked over to look out the window where I could see another wing of the hospital. The curtains were open in most of the rooms and some of them had lights lights and/or televisions on, and I could see quite a lot of patients in their beds. But I also kept seeing a kind of constant flickering just at the edge of my vision. When I looked at some of the spots where I know I saw the flickering, there was nothing unusual going on.

After a few minutes, I concentrated on a room a few floors below where I could see an empty bed, and just stared at it.

Then, by concentrating on my peripheral vision, I saw what the flickering was.

It was human-shaped shadows that would either pass rapidly past windows, or - sometimes - stand in the windows for a second or two before flashing away. And it was more or less constant.

I saw shadow people.

And I realized that if they were there, across the way, they were also doing the same thing in the wing - and maybe even the same room - where I stood.

I wanted to bring in a video camera the next night and set it up, but they released my wife the next afternoon.

Considering how many weird people there are in the world, I didn't even bother asking if I could set up a camera in an empty room to get some video of the shadow people. I KNEW the hospital didn't want anyone thinking it was haunted, and I figured they weren't about to let some guy with a video camera get a look at hospital patients in their rooms from outside at night.

But I know what I saw.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePicker View Post
When my wife was in the hospital recovering from neck surgery, I stayed the night in the 9th-floor room with her a couple times.

Late one night I got up to stretch my legs, and walked over to look out the window where I could see another wing of the hospital. The curtains were open in most of the rooms and some of them had lights lights and/or televisions on, and I could see quite a lot of patients in their beds. But I also kept seeing a kind of constant flickering just at the edge of my vision. When I looked at some of the spots where I know I saw the flickering, there was nothing unusual going on.

After a few minutes, I concentrated on a room a few floors below where I could see an empty bed, and just stared at it.

Then, by concentrating on my peripheral vision, I saw what the flickering was.

It was human-shaped shadows that would either pass rapidly past windows, or - sometimes - stand in the windows for a second or two before flashing away. And it was more or less constant.

I saw shadow people.

And I realized that if they were there, across the way, they were also doing the same thing in the wing - and maybe even the same room - where I stood.

I wanted to bring in a video camera the next night and set it up, but they released my wife the next afternoon.

Considering how many weird people there are in the world, I didn't even bother asking if I could set up a camera in an empty room to get some video of the shadow people. I KNEW the hospital didn't want anyone thinking it was haunted, and I figured they weren't about to let some guy with a video camera get a look at hospital patients in their rooms from outside at night.

But I know what I saw.

I don't think you know what you saw.
What you saw in all probability was hospital staff doing their jobs, and nothing more.
As I stated in another post, sometimes we see what we want to see, and rule out everything else.
True, you may have seen shadows of people, but they were not spirits or ghost, but real live human beings doing nothing more than what their occupations dictate they do.
When we are placed in an unfamiliar setting, things are not always as they seem.
Sometimes our imagination gets the better of us, and we envision things that are contrary to what they would be under normal circumstances.
In reality, I don't think you know what you saw, but I also know nothing will change your mind as to what you feel you saw.
Unlike me, you can't offer a reasonably explanation to yourself as to what you actually saw, so in your mind it had to be something other than a live human being.
Now you are gung-ho on setting up video recording equipment to try and back up your assumption which in reality is a seemingly easy explainable event.
I would suggest for just one minute, put yourself on the outside looking in.
Re-read your post as though someone else had written it, and like me, you will see it for what it is.
Many times all of us, at one time or another, are guilty of missing the obvious.
It's nothing to be ashamed of.

Bob.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:46 AM

1,069 posts, read 2,077,228 times
I posted in this forum about something I saw in an apartment I used to live in- a very tall, all black form with no details- just all black. The friend I was standing with saw the same thing I did- a form that was almost as tall as our ceiling, which was 12 feet. Just standing there, facing us. We both screamed, ran for the car, and I asked her what she saw because I knew what I saw...but the fact that I shouldn't have seen something like that made me wonder at my own observance, and whether or not I was "seeing things". But...she saw the exact same thing- so unless we were both hallucinating along the same lines, whatever it was, was there. This certainly wasn't something I "wanted" to see, not at all- I'm a big chicken, and things like that are terrifying to me- but I still saw what I saw. And she saw what she saw. This was no intruder, as someone stated in the forum that I told about this in...there was only the front door, no back door, no window disturbances, no nothing. No way for an "intruder" to get in, or get out without it being obvious that that is what happened-

I don't think everything can be explained away in a rational way, I think there are "things" out there that we know nothing about, such as how they appear, etc.- who really knows where spirits, etc., come from, or what they are able to do as far as appearing to others, or why some see them, and others don't. I think a lot of times people dismiss it with a more realistic explanation, because it is hard to fathom and grasp it being something that we don't understand. That, and at times it is pretty scary.

Old 10-18-2012, 12:22 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
I speak to deceased individuals regularly. I don't usually see them.

I have seen or let us say . . . apprehended. . . . several spirits during my life . . . and on those occasions, the form was also witnessed by others with me; however, the folks who were with me are family members who are also prescient on various levels.

I don't usually talk about my abilities b/c I am not interested in proving a thing to anyone. I do not offer my "services" to anyone; however, i do receive messages for family and friends and occasionally, strangers in a group with me.

I didn't strive to "develop" my abilities . . . I was born with them and did not realize the rest of humanity didn't share those same abilities, until i was around 10 or 12.

So what I see and hear . . . I am glad to relate that to those who would be comforted or need the information for whatever reason . . . but as far as describing what I encounter? There is no way to describe most of what I encounter as the messages are telepathic . . . and the forms I see have only on a few occasions been the recognizable "representation" of someone I knew in real life but even then - only vaguely so (transparent looking).

I hesitate to even post any of this but I find it so ludicrous to think that someone actually believes he or she has the definitive answer to how spirits or spiritual beings manifest themselves . . . I just had to speak up and say what a bunch of hooey it is to try to define that manifestation.

And who cares, really. If someone feels they were visited by a deceased loved one . . . good for them.

ETA: we are all just energy. Spirits are energy, too. The universe has more dimensions (or layers or planes) than we mortals are typically aware of or can typically access.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:04 AM

1,705 posts, read 1,600,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I don't think you know what you saw.
What you saw in all probability was hospital staff doing their jobs, and nothing more.
As I stated in another post, sometimes we see what we want to see, and rule out everything else.
True, you may have seen shadows of people, but they were not spirits or ghost, but real live human beings doing nothing more than what their occupations dictate they do.
When we are placed in an unfamiliar setting, things are not always as they seem.
Sometimes our imagination gets the better of us, and we envision things that are contrary to what they would be under normal circumstances.
In reality, I don't think you know what you saw, but I also know nothing will change your mind as to what you feel you saw.
Unlike me, you can't offer a reasonably explanation to yourself as to what you actually saw, so in your mind it had to be something other than a live human being.
Now you are gung-ho on setting up video recording equipment to try and back up your assumption which in reality is a seemingly easy explainable event.
I would suggest for just one minute, put yourself on the outside looking in.
Re-read your post as though someone else had written it, and like me, you will see it for what it is.
Many times all of us, at one time or another, are guilty of missing the obvious.
It's nothing to be ashamed of.

Bob.
How do you know what ThePicker saw?

Old 10-19-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallas_Athena79 View Post
How do you know what ThePicker saw?
If you have ever been a patient in a hospital, you sometimes get up from your bed (if able) and gaze out a window.
Oftentimes the window overlooks another part of the hospital where you can see others walking around in different room.
I was not there for the incident described by the other poster, but in all reality it was more than likely hospital staff going about their duties.
Bob.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:04 PM

13,630 posts, read 10,029,608 times
I like that answer; "Not for eyes such as yours". The answer may have been different, if someone else was asking the question.

Last edited by BECLAZONE; 10-19-2012 at 01:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal