Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2020, 06:07 AM

7 posts, read 4,712 times

Advertisements

Waverly hills sanatorium, Louisville Kentucky ~Louisville Kentucky is home to the Waverly Hills Sanatorium, which many people believe is one of the most haunted places on Earth. This was a place where roughly 8,000 people died bloody, excruciating deaths.
Whaley house, san diego California ~ History of Whaley's family ended up being filled with tragic deaths and suicides, many of which occurred inside the home itself. Some of the family members reportedly still haunt the landmark, often accompanied by cigar smoke and the smell of heavy perfume.
The stanley hotel, estes park colorado ~Paranormal experts hail the Stanley Hotel as one of the nation’s most active ghost sites in the U.S. Paranormal activity is a normal occurred at the stanley hotel. Been reports of bags being unpacked, lights turning off and on, and echoes of children’s laughter heard in the hallways.
Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum, Weston, West Virginia ~Once known as the Weston State Hospital, this asylum was home to thousands of people with mental illness, starting in 1864. Hundreds of people died here before the facility closed in 1994.
Eastern State Penitentiary , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania ~This prison was built in 1829. Reported paranormal happenings have included disembodied laughter, shadowy figures, and pacing footsteps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2020, 03:47 PM

306 posts, read 336,019 times
Apparently the Yuma Territorial Prison here in Yuma AZ recently won "Most Haunted Place in America". You'll be very disappointed if you come all the way out here to visit.

Old 02-19-2020, 04:02 PM

2,461 posts, read 2,477,919 times
At one time the Sallie house in Kansas was considered the most haunted spot. I would imagine there are a lot of spots advertised as "most haunted places" if you got to checking. This is not to say I don't believe in places being "haunted."

Old 02-21-2020, 06:46 PM

2,264 posts, read 972,175 times
These 'most haunted' places should install multiple ghost cams that can be accessed by anyone anytime over the web.

Old 02-21-2020, 07:38 PM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
These 'most haunted' places should install multiple ghost cams that can be accessed by anyone anytime over the web.
That would be pretty cool...lol

Old 02-21-2020, 08:37 PM

20,048 posts, read 20,850,556 times
Yeah, with the tech available today, and the affordability of it as well, I'd have cameras running 24/7 in every corner.

Old 02-21-2020, 09:18 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
I didn't hear or see anything when I went to Eastern State Penitentiary, but the Burlington County Prison Museum in Mount Holly, NJ, was a different matter. Though mom and I were the only two visitors that afternoon, we somehow wandered off in different directions and heard disturbing noises.

Old 02-22-2020, 12:32 AM

2,264 posts, read 972,175 times
It's time to crowd source ghost hunting. These hit-and-run ghost busters just aren't cutting it

Old 02-22-2020, 06:04 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I didn't hear or see anything when I went to Eastern State Penitentiary, but the Burlington County Prison Museum in Mount Holly, NJ, was a different matter. Though mom and I were the only two visitors that afternoon, we somehow wandered off in different directions and heard disturbing noises.
I lived in Browns Mills from 93 until 2008. Went by the prison many times but never knew the history. My daughter used to get Weird NJ too. I'm originally a North Jersey girl, my dads business was up the road from 13 bumps in Watchung on Somerset Street. I worked there from 1976 to 1993. I can't count how many hundreds of times I've driven Johnston Drive, even at night; of course with a car load of friends. Never saw the 13 witches. I'll paste in one article below an article about the prison. Some articles incorrectly say it's in Union County, it's not, it's in Somerset County.

It was built by a young architect named Robert Mills who went on to direct the design and construction of the US Treasury Building, the US Patent Office, and the US Post Office, as well as the Washington Monument in Baltimore, and the National Monument in DC.

The Haunted Burlington County Prison Museum, Mt. Holly
Quote:
They say Burlington County Prison is haunted. And I agree. It would be out of the ordinary for a place like this to NOT be. Besides, there’s photos, videos and audio tapes to prove it.

The Burlington County Prison was in constant operation from 1811 to 1966. At the time of its closing it was the oldest continually used prison in the United States.

...public hangings took place in the prison yard, on gallows erected for each event.

Besides the executions, other violent deaths took place at the prison.

The “dungeon”, or maximum-security cell, was in the center of the top floor...

Policy of the time was to chain the condemned to a ring on the floor, naked. Accordingly, Joel’s spirit has been heard moaning and languishing there, and electro-magnetic indicators (used in ghost hunting) routinely register a “hit.”

13 Bumps Road : Watchung, NJ
Quote:
In 1845 a man by the name of David Felt set out to build small village near what is now the Watchung Reservation. He named the village “Feltville” after himself. After only 5 years the town had grown to over 175 residents; that’s when tragedy struck. Over the span of the next 2 years 11 children were captured from the town, mutilated, and left for dead. Their bodies were always left near the outskirts of town. The town began to grow into a panic, fearing the unknown forces that lie in the woods.

The town eventually turned all of that focus on one family; a kindred of 13 sisters who lost both their parents at a young age. Surprisingly the 13 sisters whose age ranged from 10-26 were doing fine. They had a local crop field which blossomed each season, even through the most jarring weather. Residents took this as an omen and accused the family of witchcraft. They claimed that the “witches” sacrificed the children to pagan gods for the good of their crops.

After a long trial the family was found guilty and hanged. As a reminder of the crimes the bodies were buried on a local road – left as 13 bumps under what is now Johnston Drive. Rumor stated that before their death, the girls put a curse on the village, one that would come to be true. In 1860 David Felt left his own town to retire in New York and stranded many of the villagers. Over the next few years illness and famine swept through and those who remained either died or deserted the town. Today some of those houses still remain, and the town goes by the name “The Deserted Village”.

Old 06-13-2022, 12:43 AM

2,221 posts, read 1,333,854 times
Absolute evil resided here....

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M-hPpuAqwQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rsh4nwDjzw

Last edited by PhinneyWalker; 06-13-2022 at 01:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal