Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 08:22 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I have, but it's been many years and the readings were not as accurate as those using my normal procedure. When I read for someone, I ask the person to think of a question and then shuffle the deck until it "feels" like it doesn't want to be shuffled anymore. Then I have them draw ten cards of their own choosing.

This appalls some tarot readers I know as they do not allow anyone else to touch their deck, but it's worked for me.
Let's try it for the heck of it. The only thing I will tell you is I'm female and that's all. I am thinking of a question - you pull out the cards I'm thinking of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 09:06 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Let's try it for the heck of it. The only thing I will tell you is I'm female and that's all. I am thinking of a question - you pull out the cards I'm thinking of.

Were you involved in a drunk driving accident by any chance? Maybe someone with more than one offense? And/ or are you suing someone?

First card: Temperance, reversed.(obvious meaning)
Second card: Six of wands: Victory
Third card: Chariot reversed. Being pulled in two directions or something to do with transportation.
Fourth card: King of swords (lawyer?)
Fifth card: Eight of wands reversed.(something is taking too long)
Sixth card: Prince of swords.
Seventh card: The World reversed (someone's failure to learn a lesson in conjunction with card three)
Eighth card: Prince of Pentacles reversed. (outside influences)
Ninth card:Strength reversed ( Hopes and fears), so it doesn't really matter that it's upside down.
Final outcome: Six of Pentacles.

Whatever the question was, the cards say you will ultimately triumph, and there's money involved.

We pulled several major acana cards here, so if I were reading your spread in a room with you, I's say your questions wasn't any garden variety "How's my day gonna go" question.

I put little stock in long distance readings, but hey, It's Halloween ! Have a happy one.

Old 10-31-2012, 01:15 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times
You actually read something that happened to me back in February regarding my car. There was an accident, the car dealer screwed me and I saw an attorney to settle or sue, it took forever, but I got my money. The IRS held my check from January to April which was extremely long.

Being pulled in two directions - I couldn't decide whether to take the car back or have them pay me to repair it.

While you were reading the cards I was out in the garage cleaning and vacuuming my car, so it probably clouded the question.

This is not to say something else might happen - I'm a disaster and they should just set up orange cones around me.

Old 09-16-2013, 11:05 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,672,460 times
If there is anyone who is interested in bettering their tarot skills or wants to learn from the beginning?
I could use your 'help'. I'm testing and doing 'dry runs' of the workshops I have been developing.
I have workshops on making spreads, on understanding the Celtic cross spread, understanding the court cards and more....
this is not a self-promotion...i'm not going to ask anyone for money (if anything, I am giving it away) and I will discuss things about tarot in this forum for those who ask.

Old 09-16-2013, 12:51 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,066,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
I use the Rider-Waite, and have just recently dusted my deck off after storing it away in my china cabinet for like a decade, so am pretty rusty. They have always been pretty right on for me, as long as I remember the words from the Bob Seger song ... " ...the cards will never do ya wrong, the trick they say is never play the game too long..."
Amazing, one of my favorite songs! I like the Revelations deck myself. So colorful. They are actually works of art, I believe on display in San Francisco.

Old 09-16-2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
I like the Revelations deck myself. So colorful. They are actually works of art, I believe on display in San Francisco.
Where in SF? I would take a trip down there to see the original art.
I have the Revelations deck and love to read with it. It is a very 'comforting' deck.

Old 09-17-2013, 03:22 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,640 times
Quote:
I'm a disaster and they should just set up orange cones around me.
That is so funny!! Gave me a good laugh!
Though I've never used them much, I had the Sacred Rose deck about 20 years ago but lost it. I really liked it. Now I have Colette Baron-Reid's Enchanted Map Oracle Cards. I don't like conventional spreads, so these are nice to have around.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:20 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,066,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Where in SF? I would take a trip down there to see the original art.
I have the Revelations deck and love to read with it. It is a very 'comforting' deck.
I must have my memory wrong. I looked in my revelations tarot companion book and it says "The art featured in revelations tarot will be featured in local galleries an on his (Zach Wong - author) website." I have no idea where I came up with SF, probably just wanting to go there (sorry) Zach Wong lives in Australia . . .

Old 09-17-2013, 02:28 PM

Heehee- come to SF, when BATS is happening...I will be there.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
That is so funny!! Gave me a good laugh!
Though I've never used them much, I had the Sacred Rose deck about 20 years ago but lost it. I really liked it. Now I have Colette Baron-Reid's Enchanted Map Oracle Cards. I don't like conventional spreads, so these are nice to have around.
If you like non-traditional decks, there is one called Infinite tarot- but it does not follow the true formula of tarot. It does not have majors and minors, but does have 78 (actually maybe 80) cards and 4 suits. It is a wonderful deck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal