Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 02:34 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,670,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Idk how I came upon this thread, but it's intriguing....
I have met psychics who see me as a tarot card reader, but I've actually never done that, lol
I do, however have some powerful intuition....
I wonder if it means anything
Tarot is probably one of the best tools for developing intuition.
They provide a launch pad to connect to and brings forth impressions that are psychic in source and not found in the cards. The card images can 'trigger' these intuitive insights.

If you are wanting to learn, I would be happy to assist.
Of course the first thing you need is a deck. There are hundreds to choose from and it may seem a daunting task to pick one. Many say that your first deck should be a gift...pooie to that! Pick a deck that you like. Pick a deck that has a theme you are attracted to.
There are decks that are themed with cats, angels, fine art, cultural, fantasy and so on.
If you have something you can tell me about yourself and your likes, I can suggest a few decks for you to check out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 06:48 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,794,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Pick a deck that you like. Pick a deck that has a theme you are attracted to.
There are decks that are themed with cats, angels, fine art, cultural, fantasy and so on.
If you have something you can tell me about yourself and your likes, I can suggest a few decks for you to check out.
Or do like I did and go spend the afternoon in a new age book store and look at all of them together so you can get a feel for the different ones. The one I went to had a package of each kind open so you could go thru and look at the different designs, unlike Barnes and Noble where they're all sealed up. I've seen the advice that if you're a beginner, you want to get a deck that's at least based on Rider Waite b/c most of the beginner books are based on that deck and when you're still dependent on a book as I am, you'll want something close b/c some of those really cool decks based on fairies or Native Americans will have different symbology which will change the meaning subtly and in a way that we might not pick up on.

Oh Owl, not looking for advice here but I just wanted to tell you about the awesome reading I had the other day. It was a three card spread and I was asking if any of the men I've been writing to in OL dating will turn out to be "the one." I've not met any of them in person yet and there are about 4 I think. I'm feeling a real connection with one of them in particular though he lives 4 hours away and I get the feeling that he is feeling it too b/c he's planning on driving down here in a week or so even though he said he's not interested in dating from that far of a distance. So the reading was: The Magician, Judgment, 10 of Cups. All upright.

Old 10-11-2013, 02:50 PM

So the reading was: The Magician, Judgment, 10 of Cups. All upright.
Very nice! 10 of Cups is a great card for readings about relationships and romance.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
So the reading was: The Magician, Judgment, 10 of Cups. All upright.
Very nice! 10 of Cups is a great card for readings about relationships and romance.
Mmm hmm. I feel as if I'm on the verge b/c I asked about the particular group of men that I"m corresponding with right now and one of them looks to be very promising. Sorry if I'm hogging this thread with my romance concerns but hey, think of it as a free romance novel.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:42 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,065,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
Days of the week spread, 7 cards, Mon- Sun here is what each position indicates:

Mon : The Past

Tues: The Present

Wed: Hidden influences, hopes, fears, expectations

Thur: Obstacles to overcome, areas of conflict

Fri: The Environment, outside influences

Sat: What should be done

Sun: possible outcome

The question I had was just about our communication. He seems to want me to contact him and I am not comfortable taking the lead. Though when we are together we get along well. We are just platonic at this point. Like you said, the King of Pentacles is cautious.
Time for another spread, hoping for insight from people familiar with tarot. Question is about the man I posted about in my last reading, we are in a relationship. He was hiding something, but it's all out in the open now so the interpretation was accurate (thank you Owl). Things are tense with us now. Just looking for insight. I will post again after I pull cards, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-07-2014, 10:12 AM

Here's what I got if anyone has any input:

Wheel of Fortune
The Hermit , reversed
Ace of Swords
9 of Swords, reversed
The Hierophant, reversed
9 of Wands
3 of cups, reversed

Old 02-07-2014, 02:51 PM

Nutshell version (lack of food keeps me from deep focus- waiting for my soup)

Wheel of Fortune - things are changing, moving forward; which depending on ones perspective and situation may be a good thing, or considered 'bad' but in the bigger picture/ long term, is the best thing
The Hermit , reversed - coming out of hiding, being exposed, not focusing or considering all aspects.
Ace of Swords - a change of mind, evolution in the manner of communication.
9 of Swords, reversed - this one supports the Hermit, 'awakening' to the realities of the situation, and eye opening experience, and again, exposure, awareness, relief from stress.
The Hierophant, reversed - breaking tradition, rejection/defiance against the social order of things, resistance to seeking advice/counsel.
9 of Wands - a goal/desire within reach, so close, feeling the passion (which is not always in the area of romance) making extra effort.
3 of cups, reversed - ooo, not a good one for this, emotional turmoil, indecisiveness dictated by emotions, heart-break, can be a card of an affair.

As a simple set of cards, just cards and not the question; they are not very pretty, but again, attitude and perspective play a major role in how one takes the message. While one may not 'like' the message, it can be a relief.
However, the set is not so over the edge that fixing things is would be a wasted effort.
There is still 'hope' (9 of wands/wheel of fortune, ace of swords).
Apply the question and the cards are expressing an apex; which way will things go? This is reaching the point of no return. It's the make it or break it defining moment.

Old 02-07-2014, 04:03 PM

Thank you for the fast reply. Make or break it defining moment feels right. Even , unfortunately leading to heart break and possible affair. Maybe I should go have the affair! Hmmmm. (kidding of course, laughing so I'm not crying.) Thank you again.

Old 03-02-2014, 05:59 PM

OK, I've got one. If you have read my earlier post about the 3 date weekend, I'll just mention that the one I was most excited about turned out to be a winner. Almost. We emailed and texted quite a lot and were both pretty excited at first but then he drug his feet about the distance and he does have a point since he's 60 and has some health problems and won't retire for another 3 years. So, with my also developing health problems and the fact that it was causing some negativity in my life and I figured he wasn't all that interested, I let it go and told him I couldn't write anymore and that was 5 wks ago. Then yesterday I accidentally sent him a text meant for my brother (same name) and we texted a bit and he wanted to talk so I consulted the cards first. This was my spread:

Past: 4 wands
Present: The Fool
Underlying influence: High Priestess, rev
Advice: 6 cups rev
Final Outcome: The Chariot

My take on this: The break we had was productive but now we're moving forward and starting fresh but things won't be as I expect relationships to go. I need to listen to my inner voice on this rather than consulting with friends and it will take patience and realizing that I can't speed things along and that I need to go with the flow and that things could work the way I want but it will take time.

How did I do?

Another interesting thing: Our break from each other was 5 wks long and I'll be 55 on 5/5. Also, we did talk today and he confessed that he has some pretty strong feelings towards me as well--I know we sound nuts since we've barely seen each other but sometimes you just know on the first meeting. I honestly don't think he's playing me since I can't imagine what he'd be getting out of it if he did and he doesn't seem the type.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:22 PM

That's a good take of the cards, I see pretty much the same theme.
Past: 4 wands
This is a card of focus and control. It is about force and order.
Present: The Fool
This is about 'going for it' no direction or expectations. It's letting thing flow and trusting in the Universe.
Underlying influence: High Priestess, rev
This is putting down the 'guard', taking a break from some devoted 'ritual'.
Advice: 6 cups rev
Not focusing on the past and letting go.
Final Outcome: The Chariot
A moving forward and a success.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal