U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 01:12 PM

10,146 posts, read 18,649,069 times

Advertisements

Thanks Owl, I'm glad you saw pretty much the same thing. I must say that I get the Fool in a great number of readings! Does that mean i"m doing a good job of trusting in the universe or that I should trust it more? Same with 6 of cups--am I doing a good job of not focusing on the past or should I do less of it?

Another thing that has always confused me about the cards though is figuring out which kind of time frame we're talking about. Like, weeks, months, or years?

I guess those are my 2 biggest points of confusion about reading the cards--I mean, I can look up the meanings I'm unsure of in the book but figuring out how they apply to me is difficult at times. However, I think I do do a pretty good job of trusting the universe (though not always in this situation) and not focusing on the past so I guess that in the case of the Fool, the cards were reminding me of what I already know and I'm not one to look back much or blame present relationship troubles on past relationships.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 03:32 PM

3,751 posts, read 6,757,632 times
There is a lot more to the Fool than just trusting the universe. Beings you see him often, I would do an extensive study of him. His good points and bad points and become very familiar with him. He is a happy to lucky fellow- which is a great attitude to have, but it can also be his folly. There are those brief and rare moments that require seriousness that the fool just does not have.

For the 6 of Cups- this can go either way. Letting go of the past, or picking up the past.
It depends on the issue, the spread position, it's orientation when pulled (upright/reversed).
Sometimes the past is painful, we want to forget about it, but also learn from it. This card (in other readings) could say that the lesson of the past is being overlooked. On the flip-side, the current moment could be painful, and then the card would suggest remembering the joys of the past - connecting with that emotion so as to pick yourself up and know that joy can be had again.

Old 03-03-2014, 07:30 PM

10,146 posts, read 18,649,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
There is a lot more to the Fool than just trusting the universe. Beings you see him often, I would do an extensive study of him. His good points and bad points and become very familiar with him. He is a happy to lucky fellow- which is a great attitude to have, but it can also be his folly. There are those brief and rare moments that require seriousness that the fool just does not have.

For the 6 of Cups- this can go either way. Letting go of the past, or picking up the past.
It depends on the issue, the spread position, it's orientation when pulled (upright/reversed).
Sometimes the past is painful, we want to forget about it, but also learn from it. This card (in other readings) could say that the lesson of the past is being overlooked. On the flip-side, the current moment could be painful, and then the card would suggest remembering the joys of the past - connecting with that emotion so as to pick yourself up and know that joy can be had again.
On the first part, yes. . . I see that and going to go read up on him some more.

On the second part, I think the part about a painful past that I need to learn from is most apt in this situation. Def not the last as I've never had that. At this point in my life I'm looking for my true love, which this man could possibly turn out to be, and I'm not willing to waste my time on lesser relationships. Wasted too much of my life on those--married my ex, or rather settled for him b/c I had just plain given up on dating and wanted a family with a stable man. That was my fault I know but now not willing to compromise and the clock is no longer ticking. Maybe that's the past lesson?

Old 03-03-2014, 07:41 PM

Heehee- that's the lesson you are most identifying with, and there are for sure other lesser lessons to be had.
(Good to see you again- was wondering where you wandered off to)

Old 07-01-2017, 02:34 PM

1,020 posts, read 464,189 times
I did one of those online ones, I don't know if it's accurate, since it wasn't face to face. Can anyone help me read it? Do I need to tell you my question?

1. Heart of the Matter- king of pentacle
2. What's Crossing You? 8 of swords
3. Root Cause-Magician
4. Recent Past-5 of wands
5. Attitudes and beliefs-9 of wands
6. Near Future-10 of swords
7. You-4 of swords
8. Your environment-6 of swords
9. Hopes and fears-9 of cups
10. Outcome- lovers

Old 07-01-2017, 08:29 PM

4,579 posts, read 4,059,371 times
When I learned the Tarot, my teacher got me to focus on the various cards and then dream about it, let my subconscious bring out the meanings for the card. I then wrote down in a dream notebook all the dreams I had about the different cards and discussed them with her afterwards. It seems like a good method and similar to meditating on them I guess.

Old 07-02-2017, 07:05 AM

1,020 posts, read 464,189 times
Thanks-I guess I am going to have to order my own deck. I didn't really feel a connection doing the online spread, it just didn't seem legit to me

Old 07-12-2017, 06:00 PM

16 posts, read 16,370 times
I don't know if I could say that I "do the Tarot" but I have a Golden Dawn card set and I used them when I was trying to figure out if I should accept a job offer or not. I declined the offer, and that was 4 years ago and I believe it was the correct decision.

Old 07-13-2017, 02:24 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,049,254 times
I can't stand tarot it gives me the worst feelings,I think it just has something negative and vile within it.I always find it so vague that I end up more confused and without hope.
I prefer dreams,visions,signs for guidance and other means.I don't think I will ever do tarot again.

Old 07-13-2017, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly9244 View Post
I did one of those online ones, I don't know if it's accurate, since it wasn't face to face. Can anyone help me read it? Do I need to tell you my question?

1. Heart of the Matter- king of pentacle
2. What's Crossing You? 8 of swords
3. Root Cause-Magician
4. Recent Past-5 of wands
5. Attitudes and beliefs-9 of wands
6. Near Future-10 of swords
7. You-4 of swords
8. Your environment-6 of swords
9. Hopes and fears-9 of cups
10. Outcome- lovers
In your second post you question the validity of tarot with a 'reading generator'. Having used those when I do not have a deck handy, I can tell you that they work out quite well. The 'magic' is not in the cards, it is not in the computer programming, the magic is in the Universe (and in yourself).

Having the question asked is helpful, as one can take the textbook meanings and know how to apply them. However... not always necessary for the meanings are the meanings regardless. From the cards that came up, I would say that this is about an issue that possibly business/job related, but the main thing is communication.

At the heart of the matter with the King of Pentacles, we are dealing with the material and physical realm of things. This could be money, employment, business. The king is a CEO type, the true ladder climber that sometimes can be so determined that he pushes people out of his way... the bad guy in some cases, but not always. (oh, and this does not always represent just a man, king cards can represent a female as well). The King is very controlled, motivated and will work hard to get what he wants. He likes his status. He can be an excellent leader, or a bossy jerk.

What is crossing you is the 8 of swords and this card in it's most simple form means self restrictions. Yes, others and situations may have lead you to where you are now, but you are not allowing yourself to see how to get out of this situation, or how to make things happen. You are blind to the solutions, or maybe just out of ideas and everything you have tried has not worked. So you would want to perhaps look to some external help? (hence the reading, right?)

Magician in the Root Cause, oh boy that is a handful. Magician is a crafty fellow. He can be your best friend that knows everything about everything, or he can be that trickster that you are not sure if you should trust them or not. The Magician is a skilled and capable person who has gathered together all the knowledge he needs, has taken the time to develop and hone his skills. He is for sure good at what he does, what ever that may be.

Recent Past you have the 5 of wands, all 5's in the suits are relative to some sort of strife or suffering. Wands specifically relates to the life spark, creativity, energy, and inspiration. This can be were someone steals an idea from another and takes all the credit, this can be something akin to 'writers block' - a lack of inspiration. It could be that the people you encountered, the events that have unfolded just took the wind right out of your sails. A sense of defeat before the game even started.

Attitudes and beliefs and 9 of wands, so I am just going down the list of the cards, without them in front of me to view them as a whole and see the ties between them in the layout... I am just 'text booking' my way with these... with that, and this card here...I retract my statement about wind and sails as this card is a contradiction to that. Now this does not take away from the pst events and how things unfolded. Sure, things may look awful at the time, but later things can change and one can take a lemon and make lemonade. 9 of wands is a very wonderful card to have in this position. Solid, logical, grounded and determined. This is a 'not gonna let it stop me' card. Excellent, even with such opposition, you can see the light!

Near Future and the 10 of swords, this card is always concerning. One will always want to see themselves in this card, the one laying on the ground pieced by all those sharp pointy things, OUCH. But...but what if the opposition is the on on the ground? The suit of Swords is the suit of intellect and communication. Here is communication breakdown, but also putting worthless ideas to rest. This is getting the mental and verbal crap out of the way. Be done with it! So perhaps (without knowing your question/situation) you may need to 'cut someone off' and remove them or their thoughts from your presence.

You with the 4 of swords, lots of sword cards. This is a good solid foundation here. Your head is in the game, you have logical and coherent thoughts. You have the ability to express yourself just fine. Do not let others sway you away or allow you to have doubt. If you have any doubts, be them about your own thoughts. Review them yourself, forget about advice or opinions of others... especially those who wish to shoot you down.

6 of swords and your environment; This is sort of repeating a few things. Do not let the past get into your head and steer you away from your desires and goals, forget any past conditioning that hiders you. There are parts of your past that may have caused you great grief and pain, however, you have over away from that, or are preparing to (?). In a nutshell this is about a 'rescue'. Getting out or away from things that bring you down. This is about strength and survival as well. So let this be about empowerment. Run that trickster off!

Hopes and fears with the 9 of cups; this can be a happy ending card. It is known as the 'wish card'. This card in this position, you have your wish and we of course want our wishes to come true, but your fear appears to be falling short. Perhaps you are the Magician in this, you have done all the study, the practice and now you have a dream that all that you have gained can fulfill that dream, but you fear you will not succeed. This goes right along with all those swords card messages and might as well bring the 5 of wands into the circle too.
Do not be your own worst enemy.

...and the Outcome, The Lovers. despite what it's name may imply, this is really not so much about romance as it is more about commitment. This card in a single word means 'choice'. What do you choose? How committed are you to that? This card would suggest that you are like the King of Pentacles, determined and not allowing much to get in your way... once you get past those swords that is. Now this can also be about a partnership. Earlier external help was mentioned. So depending on the situation, if fitting to it, perhaps finding someone who shares the same passion and has the same goal as yourself and joining forces.

So, what ever it is you have going on... seems to be in a bit of a 'swing' at the moment. You have uncertainties that really have no place, but we often tend to be overly cautious at times... that is a tendency for the King of Pentacles. This is not a bad thing of course, but of course if it is taken to an extreme, it can cause you to miss the boat. Be ready.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal