Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 12:45 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,066,325 times

Advertisements

Interesting. I too interpreted the King to refer more to myself than him. He is definitely not moving. Yeah, yucky cards. Hopefully what comes to light isn't anything too bad, as you said though, I am independent enough to handle it. Thank you.

Last edited by lastwomanstanding; 09-19-2013 at 01:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2013, 05:15 AM

112 posts, read 177,380 times
Tried it but never got "into it".Have friends that swear-by or swear at it but enjoy using it.Personally, if I get curius about my "future", which not saying it is the best idea man ever cme up with, and son't laugh, but I came acrsoo thhe "smokey-gray orb" on a trip to eastern Ebrope that a man was trying to sell, good price, and I "play with it" when bored.If you want the future from those who have seen it, try "Neromancy" and talk to the "folks" who have been there, as well into the past. Heck, it's 7:15A.M. and not all my coffee has beeen fixed, do try to lighten up will ya?

Old 09-19-2013, 06:06 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,797,076 times
I've had the 9 of swords in my reading too and that was right after my ex came out so I took it that it had something to do with that. So while I wasn't as specific of course, I did get the same general sense of the reading. I've never heard of the days of the week spread though and couldn't find it when I googled. I know it's 7 cards but do the places indicate anything more than days of the week?

Glad you explained about the King Owl--I get confused when in a reading as to which party the cards are talking about so it sounds here like it could be either one and you have to sort it out based on context.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:01 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,066,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I've had the 9 of swords in my reading too and that was right after my ex came out so I took it that it had something to do with that. So while I wasn't as specific of course, I did get the same general sense of the reading. I've never heard of the days of the week spread though and couldn't find it when I googled. I know it's 7 cards but do the places indicate anything more than days of the week?

Glad you explained about the King Owl--I get confused when in a reading as to which party the cards are talking about so it sounds here like it could be either one and you have to sort it out based on context.
Days of the week spread, 7 cards, Mon- Sun here is what each position indicates:

Mon : The Past

Tues: The Present

Wed: Hidden influences, hopes, fears, expectations

Thur: Obstacles to overcome, areas of conflict

Fri: The Environment, outside influences

Sat: What should be done

Sun: possible outcome

The question I had was just about our communication. He seems to want me to contact him and I am not comfortable taking the lead. Though when we are together we get along well. We are just platonic at this point. Like you said, the King of Pentacles is cautious.

Old 09-19-2013, 03:10 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,538,514 times
I don't understand half of what you folks are talking about. However, I do find it enjoyable reading.

I've never known a tarot reader and have never been to one. Wouldn't mind having a reading done, but I really don't have the desire to learn to read.

I much prefer to play cribbage with a regular deck of cards.

Keep writing and I will keep reading.

Old 09-19-2013, 03:49 PM

185 posts, read 461,270 times
I started about a year ago I want to say, and I probably should have started out learning with a traditional deck, but I really liked the Aquarian deck I got. I do pretty accurate readings for my friends, and I try to do daily card draws for advice for the day.

I have periods of time say a week or two where I know exactly what to pull and it all makes perfect sense, then I lose my connection and have down times... I have spotty reception hahahaha!

Old 09-19-2013, 07:42 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,672,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plainswalker View Post
I started about a year ago I want to say, and I probably should have started out learning with a traditional deck, but I really liked the Aquarian deck I got.
The majority of the advice when it comes to a beginners deck is to start with the Rider Waite, or a 'clone' deck.
A clone deck has the exact same imagery, but is done by different artists. Other decks are catagorically also Rider Waite decks, but have different imagery. Then there are decks that are more along the lines of the Thoth/Golden Dawn.
The logic behind a beginner starting with a 'traditional' deck, IMO, is non-sense. Start with a deck that you connect to.
My first deck was the Native American (US Games) and the imagery was nothing like the Rider deck. But I had a pretty good knowledge and understanding of the Native People's culture and spirituality.
In the deck, the traditional Wheel of Fortune card, is replaced with the Medicine Wheel. I understood the purpose and concept of the Medicine Wheel, so knowing this card came easy.
Both Wheel of Fortune and the Medicine Wheel speak of 'fate', but from opposite directions. The traditional wheel is a fate that we have no control over, where as the Medicine Wheel, you are in control of your fate. You make things happen or your sit stagnant. They are similar enough that transitioning from the Native deck to a more traditional was easy study.
To this day, some 22 years later, I still don't own a Rider Waite deck and my collection is in the dozens.
So, with that being said....for those going for thier first deck, pick some thing you are drawn to for what ever reason. Be it cats, angels, or the Norse pantheon. There are so many decks out there, that there is something for anyone's tastes and interests.

Hmmm....my top 3 favorite decks, so hard to say. Many have a special place in my being. Of course the Native deck because it was my first. But at the same time, there are other decks I use more often, and new decks have that new curiosity factor.
If I had to give them all up but one...I'd keep my Fey deck. The way they speak and the attitude they have is so delightful. They do not know what fear is. They shoot from the hip and are down right amusing at the same time.
My newest deck, Pagan Cats is adorable. I cherish my Legends deck and I love the intuitive nature of the Voyager deck.
That's not three is it....

Old 09-24-2013, 11:27 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,409,420 times
Just did an online Celtic spread at a site I like.

I was really thinking about my life when I got this spread.

1. The World (What covers you)
2. Nine of Cups (What crosses you)
3. Two of Wands (What is beneath you)
4. Six of Pentacles (What is behind you)
5. Seven of Cups (What crowns you)
6. The Sun (What is before you)
7. Page of Pentacles (Yourself)
8. The Fool (Around you)
9. Nine of Wands (Hopes and fears)
10. Six of Swords (Outcome)

Then I did another one, not thinking about anything.

1. King of Wands (What covers you)
2. Two of Pentacles (What crosses you)
3. Wheel of Fortune (What is beneath you)
4. Three of Swords (What is behind you)
5. Ace of Cups (What crowns you)
6. The Empress (What is before you)
7. Knight of Wands (Yourself)
8. The Lovers (Around you)
9. Two of Cups (Hopes and fears)
10. Five of Cups (Outcome)

Either way, many of the cards from both tries come up for me regularly. Any insight?

Last edited by Shooting Stars; 09-24-2013 at 11:43 PM..

Old 09-26-2013, 12:17 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,672,460 times
In looking at the first set of cards (had not glanced at the second at first), I see a very positive set of cards and it seems to be in the area of relationships.

I say this because of a single card, the 9 of Cups and 2 of Wands. Now I know nothing about your current relationship status, however, I feel this set of cards is more about non-romantic relationships and the getting along with everyone around you. Seems that there is little drama within your circle of friends and acquaintances. Everyone and everything in general is pretty easy going and fun enough. But...it was a tough road getting to this point and the last little waves are present, but drifting away.
(between homework assignments- so just a quick run down)
1. The World (What covers you) - This is from the place where you see all. You have the bigger picture now and that is always illuminating and useful....as well as lends to relief. While the knowing of some things that are not 'nice', just knowing about them so you can step up to the challenge with the needed info and resources makes the task a lot easier. Plus, in this vantage point, you are also aware of your limitations and can adjust accordingly.
This is you with the world in your hands, you have control, you have the ball...it's you who now can make the rules of the game.
2. Nine of Cups (What crosses you) This is a card of emotional accomplishments, satisfaction and enjoyment in life. This is the release and overcoming of the emotional barriers of the past.
3. Two of Wands (What is beneath you) This is a card of creation and desire.
The three above cards are very much about creating what you want.
4. Six of Pentacles (What is behind you) This card is about money, getting or giving. Inheritance or becoming debt free.
5. Seven of Cups (What crowns you) This is the only 'downer' card. This is a card of illusions and self-trickery. I see this card as a warning card. 'Don't fool yourself and get carried away with unrealistic ideas or ventures'.
6. The Sun (What is before you) Another card of accomplishment and overcoming challenges, satisfaction, joy and seeing things clearly and 'in the light'
7. Page of Pentacles (Yourself) This is a card of a new 'money making' opportunity, could be job/work, starting your own business. This opportunity comes from everything that has come to light in relationship to what these cards are talking about.
~ Did you have troubles with your family and now that is all out of the way with just a few 'wounds' that are almost healed within the whole group?
8. The Fool (Around you) This is Mr. Happy-Go Lucky. And he says, "expect the unexpected". While the position of this card is more about those around you, I feel that this is a bit closer to home and it represents the 'buffer' between you and others. The nature of the Fool is one who has faith and is a quiet and curious observer. No worries and no fear. And he makes no judgement because he 'just does not care'. This buffer is living in the moment. There is no holding on to the past and there is no acting now upon an unknown future.
9. Nine of Wands (Hopes and fears) This is a really good card to have in this position and it backs up the Fool. This is facing those 'old wounds' and putting them behind you. These wounds become brick in your wall of defense. This is not the kind of wall that closes you off, but is a protector from those who want to hurt you. These wounds do not have to cripple you, you can use them to make you strong....so what ever reservations you start to have because everything is going so well, and you start to get nervous (because you are projecting some sort of drama or setback in the future). Think of the Fool....would he let that get to him?
10. Six of Swords (Outcome) While the suit of Swords tends to be a bit heavy, or sharp as is suits the suit...this is one of the better of the Swords. This is about getting away from all those things that have hurt and hindered you.
This card also brings us back around to the World card, for the 6 of Swords is about getting some distance between you and everything else so that you get a better perspective of all that is involved.

...more when I have more time

Old 09-26-2013, 12:39 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,409,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
In looking at the first set of cards (had not glanced at the second at first), I see a very positive set of cards and it seems to be in the area of relationships.

I say this because of a single card, the 9 of Cups and 2 of Wands. Now I know nothing about your current relationship status, however, I feel this set of cards is more about non-romantic relationships and the getting along with everyone around you. Seems that there is little drama within your circle of friends and acquaintances. Everyone and everything in general is pretty easy going and fun enough. But...it was a tough road getting to this point and the last little waves are present, but drifting away.
I am currently single and have been for a long time now.

The relationships you see would be my business partner, a part-time employee and me. Yes, things were more turbulent in the past and are now loads easier. Other friendships are easy too.

You are right that I do see my position more clearly. On the Seven of Pentacles, yes I am paying off debt faster now. BTW, I get a lot of Pentacles cards in my spreads in general. Also recently talked to a psychic who was doing Tarot while talking to me and she also mentioned getting a lot of Pentacles cards.

Page of Pentacles - I do have a business idea that dovetails with the business we already have. I do have a family member who is impossible that I cut off communication with a few years ago, but not sure if that's what the card is referring to.

Nine of Wands - Our business is on the upswing and I definitely worry about taking it for granted or depending on this trend to last forever. Need to diversify.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal