Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 06:19 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,925,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
I absolutely feel your pain. Worse, I am immersed in same, as my family life is greatly suffering because of this. I have my faith, that took me long long time to find, and am hated by Christian sons and considered a loon by wife.
See, part of the issue is - you have to have same level of intelligence and perception interlocutor, for them to grasp your concepts. Truly, they have to have YOUR mindset, to understand YOU. Has little to do with the other person being smart or not. You expect them to be YOU when you speak with them. And this is impossible. Every time I am - once again - trying to explain a concept to my son, I hit a solid wall - to understand and agree, he should have read all the books I did, had same education, had same search for Truth done. He didn't. He's a typical product of American mass education, and there is huge gap that separates us.

So, yes, sadly, but true. We both are punished by our intelligence. There was even a play by Griboedov - Grief from being smart.

I do respect your "quantum physics" point of view on reality, but keep in mind, its founder, Al Einstein, said -

Physical concepts are free creations of the human mind, and are not, however it may seem, uniquely determined by the external world. -Einstein

And as such, as there are no two the same minds out there, YOU are different from Me, and we are all different from THEM. Though yes, our thoughts, or what you call "vibrations" do co-communicate. Of course, there's Beatles wisdom too: you are me, as I am he, as he is she, and we are all together. :O)

I have suggestion for you though.

Read this: Thinking and Destiny, HW Percival. It is available online at thewordfoundation.com

Will by no means change your "quantum" faith, but may greatly develop it.
Be well and let The Light be with you
Thank you for your wonderful, thoughtful, inspiring, supportive post.

This post was made about an association I had - was trying to brainstorm and problem-solve around a situation with a young relative - It's still fascinating to me that people don't respect intelligence that they cannot grasp - I did not have an intelligent role models, but if I had, I would have thanked God for them! I don't understand the "settling for mediocrity" mindset at all . . . and I guess that is also symptomatic of "my problem."

I am an INTJ - which is said to be a small portion of the population. There must be something about me that just spells "weirdo" to others - where there is something about my personality that occludes my intelligence to that my ideas are rejected as being garbage, without any consideration.

Nothing I can do about it - but getting back to the original premise - if it is a vibration thing - and I am not vibrating at the same level as some spiritual masters, but can still aspire to them - the reason others cannot be open to my ideas must be due to writing me off at some juncture - which is a concept I find difficult to understand. Maybe they see me as that person who is talking to a stop sign or something, I dunno.

But your post is very thoughtful, so I will go back and read it again.

What do you make of the opinions of your sons and wife towards you? Do you take the opinions personally? Does any iota of information ever get through to them? Or have they walled off and "foreclosed earlly?" I have such a hard time understanding the actual dynamic of what is happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 12:44 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
I know no-one likes to have things pointed out about themselves, however, it is true, your superiority does come across in your posts as others have said.

For all your intelligence you dont seem to have the humility and understanding (not academic appreciation) of other people's situation.

Without these this intellect you have been given is worthless and will not be of benefit to the overall human race. I think that when you do more work on yourself and gain these attributes, you will naturally have the understanding necessary to overcome your 'problem' and to be far more integrated with society.

Possibly the way forward is through some body-work and rather than being in-your-head and academic all the time, a little more time spent appreciating and tendiing to your physical may be the answer.

Anyway, just another (hopefully constructive) suggestion to add to the pot.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I know no-one likes to have things pointed out about themselves, however, it is true, your superiority does come across in your posts as others have said.

For all your intelligence you dont seem to have the humility and understanding (not academic appreciation) of other people's situation.

Without these this intellect you have been given is worthless and will not be of benefit to the overall human race. I think that when you do more work on yourself and gain these attributes, you will naturally have the understanding necessary to overcome your 'problem' and to be far more integrated with society.

Possibly the way forward is through some body-work and rather than being in-your-head and academic all the time, a little more time spent appreciating and tendiing to your physical may be the answer.

Anyway, just another (hopefully constructive) suggestion to add to the pot.
You may be correct, but I think it is also very arrogant to tell people to "work on themselves." I have done a lot of work on myself - probably more than the average bear - and the funny thing about it is "we are all perfect just the way we are in our imperfections." I will never be perfect, nor will you - If I happen to notice your character defects, I hope I have the good manners to keep my judgments and opinions to myself.

I keep trying to get this subject back to the original premise which is of vibration - people do vibrate at different frequencies . . . the frequency I vibrate at is not common - not saying it is higher or better - because the mix of my intelligence, my personality, my karma and every other variable makes it a certain "flavor" (to mix metaphors) which the average person on the street does not resonate with . . .it's not good or bad, it's just the way it is - but it is difficult and sometimes it creates a lot of confusion to me - as it did in the incident I was initially upset about. I was trying to figure out from a physics standpoint why this could/would happen. I have a better grasp of it now.

I have dumbed myself down all of my life. There is no one in my family I can be my real self with because when I speak "my language" it irritates most people I know. So that's just more karma and stuff for me to accept.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:12 AM

Fred Alan Wolf: Part 1 Complete Shamanic Physics -- A Thinking Allowed DVD w/ Jeffrey Mishlove - YouTube

Old 12-17-2012, 05:22 AM

More stuff you may not like.

Quote:
You may be correct, but I think it is also very arrogant to tell people to "work on themselves." I have done a lot of work on myself - probably more than the average bear - and the funny thing about it is "we are all perfect just the way we are in our imperfections." I will never be perfect, nor will you - If I happen to notice your character defects, I hope I have the good manners to keep my judgments and opinions to myself.
Tell me... what is the point of asking a question or starting a thread on a public forum if you do not expect to get people's opinions. Some of these may be helpful and so you could just accept what you want and reject what you dont like.

Why tell me I am arrogant when it was not me who started the thread and who requested we 'help' you? It seems that you do not like what I say and it has hit a raw spot. "May be correct but" is an interesting phrase seeing that it is followed by "but" which negates the first part. It really does not matter what we say, it only matters what you - as the original poster - gets out of it all. Take it or leave it, we are only reflecting back to you so that you may be able to see it. If you dont like it then look the other way.

I am not saying that you need to START to work on yourself, but that the answer to your problem may lie in doing MORE work on yourself - because it is one of attitude, not something you can change or explain as manifested in your life by others. That is why I said it. I have a feeling that you will need to go along a little further in your life before something someone says will suddenly open the door of understanding to you about this issue. It does not look as if you are quite ready to find an answer just yet. This is just a personal feeling and one which cannot be explained by vibrations or physics. :-)

Quote:
I keep trying to get this subject back to the original premise which is of vibration - people do vibrate at different frequencies . . . the frequency I vibrate at is not common - not saying it is higher or better - because the mix of my intelligence, my personality, my karma and every other variable makes it a certain "flavor" (to mix metaphors) which the average person on the street does not resonate with . . .it's not good or bad, it's just the way it is - but it is difficult and sometimes it creates a lot of confusion to me - as it did in the incident I was initially upset about. I was trying to figure out from a physics standpoint why this could/would happen. I have a better grasp of it now.
and we have been giving you our thoughts on your original subject.
It could also be that the basis from which you approach the topic (ie: physics) is fundamentally flawed and that you may not be able to intellectually explain the phenomena in terms of physics laws which you are used to, but may need some other scientific laws which you have not yet learnt.

Quote:
I have dumbed myself down all of my life. There is no one in my family I can be my real self with because when I speak "my language" it irritates most people I know. So that's just more karma and stuff for me to accept.
But... what IS your real self? You seem to think your real self is something else, like you are playing as an actor in a movie. This is NOT the case, you are this...now. This is what you are. Re-read what you have written and see the language you use and the beliefs behind the words. Why have you dumbed yourself down all your life? Who have you done this for? What do you get out of doing that? These are the questions you should be finding an answer for because it means that you have been playing to someone elses tune all your life, and now is the time to stand up and play your own tune. If you dont get on with your family, if you dont like them or 'gel' with them, then dont go visit them. No-one says you have to, there is no law which says that.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
More stuff you may not like.

Tell me... what is the point of asking a question or starting a thread on a public forum if you do not expect to get people's opinions. Some of these may be helpful and so you could just accept what you want and reject what you dont like.

Why tell me I am arrogant when it was not me who started the thread and who requested we 'help' you? It seems that you do not like what I say and it has hit a raw spot. "May be correct but" is an interesting phrase seeing that it is followed by "but" which negates the first part. It really does not matter what we say, it only matters what you - as the original poster - gets out of it all. Take it or leave it, we are only reflecting back to you so that you may be able to see it. If you dont like it then look the other way.

I am not saying that you need to START to work on yourself, but that the answer to your problem may lie in doing MORE work on yourself - because it is one of attitude, not something you can change or explain as manifested in your life by others. That is why I said it. I have a feeling that you will need to go along a little further in your life before something someone says will suddenly open the door of understanding to you about this issue. It does not look as if you are quite ready to find an answer just yet. This is just a personal feeling and one which cannot be explained by vibrations or physics. :-)

and we have been giving you our thoughts on your original subject.
It could also be that the basis from which you approach the topic (ie: physics) is fundamentally flawed and that you may not be able to intellectually explain the phenomena in terms of physics laws which you are used to, but may need some other scientific laws which you have not yet learnt.

But... what IS your real self? You seem to think your real self is something else, like you are playing as an actor in a movie. This is NOT the case, you are this...now. This is what you are. Re-read what you have written and see the language you use and the beliefs behind the words. Why have you dumbed yourself down all your life? Who have you done this for? What do you get out of doing that? These are the questions you should be finding an answer for because it means that you have been playing to someone elses tune all your life, and now is the time to stand up and play your own tune. If you dont get on with your family, if you dont like them or 'gel' with them, then dont go visit them. No-one says you have to, there is no law which says that.
This is a great example. You and I are just not on the same wavelength. There is no point in belaboring the issue . . .we can agree to disagree. I could respond with explanations to every one of your points and we would just have an argument - no mutual understanding and a huge waste of time.

I will respond to your last paragraph where you tell me "what I should do" in terms of asking me questions . . . did it ever occur to you I have asked myself those questions?

This thread is not about me and my "issues" - it's about resonating with people at certain frequencies and why sometimes, despite best efforts on both sides, people do not "get" each other . . . the reason is different vibrations.

The video I posted actually speaks to this issue and provided me with additional insight. I doubt you would be interested in it, because again, you are operating at a different wave length.

I will conclude by saying that there have been some good contributions to this thread. I appreciate the posts that actually add to my understanding of the problem.

Old 12-19-2012, 03:11 AM

Quote:
This thread is not about me and my "issues" - it's about resonating with people at certain frequencies and why sometimes, despite best efforts on both sides, people do not "get" each other . . . the reason is different vibrations.
Now listen carefully.... watch my lips..... IT IS ALL ABOUT YOU.

You seem fixed and stuck to the idea that it is not about you. I have suggested that people are only reflecting back to you what you need to learn, but you are not listening either to them (reflecting back stuff to you) or to us on this thread. Therefore I would suggest that the problem needs to be addressed from your own perspective.

In order to resolve this issue about you not resonating with other people you have to realise that it IS you who needs to change.

You ask why you cannot communicate with others (who are not the same 'level' as you are) easily. What more can be said?

You have been given the answers but you do not see them - just like the 'others' are not understanding you, so you are not understanding them enough to explain your concepts in a way which they can understand.

So, it is not about the level of frequency that is an issue here but the way you try to communicate. Therefore it is YOU and all about you. You need to learn other ways to communicate your points effectively to people of other frequencies. Maybe thats what is what you are here on Earth to learn this time?

Quote:
You and I are just not on the same wavelength
I dont need or want explanations,it is you who needs to seriously think about some home truths. Of course, I may have misunderstood you, but - like this communicating with others who just dont understand you - you now say that I am not on the same wavelength as you. This is a pattern, can't you see it?

There are levels of energy frequencies, but as you progress, the harmonics of lower vibrations are contained within the higher ones. How do you think Jesus or all the other masters managed to communicate with the people of the time? They found ways to reach them by using parables or stories which had the essence of the point they were trying to convey. You can do the same. For another example, the way to a successful business is to emulate those who have been successful before you and so it is with this.

Learn to do as the masters have done and select a method of communication which suits both you and your audience.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:16 AM

940 posts, read 1,935,839 times
I just want to add by saying before you try to explain things to people you have to try to access 1. their level of understanding and 2. their willingness to learn new things and open mindedness.

People are very reluctant to change their views, they usually feel very strongly about things and feel attacked and ready to defend their position, unless they are on a mission to find more meaning and knowledge.

Many people would just be a waste of your time, you should try to become a better judge of just how far apart you are with a person you are trying to talk to.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetka View Post
I just want to add by saying before you try to explain things to people you have to try to access 1. their level of understanding and 2. their willingness to learn new things and open mindedness.

People are very reluctant to change their views, they usually feel very strongly about things and feel attacked and ready to defend their position, unless they are on a mission to find more meaning and knowledge.

Many people would just be a waste of your time, you should try to become a better judge of just how far apart you are with a person you are trying to talk to.
You make good points.

In a couple of different examples in my life - I think I get tired of hiding my true self and then lay stuff out there to people who cannot or are not willing to grasp certain things - I ignore that they are not on the same wave length - The "Pearls before swine" caution is useful . . . I get tired of hiding myself and my ego just has a field day.

In other cases, it is more my naive' . . . I "forget" that the other people are fundamentalists (for example) and speak about stuff that they disdain - assuming that they will "get it," as if by magic, if I put it out there, they will absorb it.

In that sense, it is ALL my problem. I just "forget."

Old 12-21-2012, 12:26 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,447,145 times
How I deal with people is to be myself but with caution. I am very fortunate that I can talk to anyone no matter how high or low they are. I enjoy interacting with all sorts of people. I don't have to lower my vibe to interact with those on a lower frequency. I just connect with that one thing we all have in common...our humanness. I don't allow my energy to be sucked out of me when interacting with anyone...other than with my mother

I am a true earthbound misfit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal