Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2021, 01:35 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,563,896 times

Advertisements

When I was middle school, the house we lived in was a bi-level, I had the lower level to myself, it had a main 'family room' and 2 bedrooms...the family room had that really cheap vinyl tile flooring and we had a full size pool table in the center of the room...I cannot recall when this exactly started but I began to get woke up in the middle of the night by the sound of pool balls hitting the floor, (some were quite loud, and sounded like the balls were being thrown with great force), I never did see anything upon checking, so one night I stayed awake and right inside my bedroom door...as soon as the noises started, I quickly opened the door, hoping to catch whatever it was...I found NOTHING...all the balls were in the table pockets as they normally were.

This happened almost every night, it was getting to the point of keeping me awake at night, I told my parents, but they blew it off of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2021, 12:37 AM

4,489 posts, read 4,974,586 times
last week on a girl's trip up to the mountains to hike...
we finished our hike and stopped at a place to eat.
I keep my suv Immaculate so I'm always aware if things are different inside my vehicle.
I parked and left the windows cracked slightly while we went in to eat.
Upon returning to my vehicle I looked in and found by the gas pedal a perfectly round circle of white stones. It was locked and there was no way someone could have thrown those stones on the floorboard into a perfect circle.
I called my friends over to look before I unlocked the car. We looked around and there were no stones like that in the parking lot. I looked at my shoes and there was no way that size of stone could wedge into my shoe sole.
We were baffled and to this day don't know how those stones were placed in a perfect circle in my locked car.

3 women traveling together in the mountains, you never know what could happen.

Old 06-27-2021, 03:50 PM

157 posts, read 109,783 times
I lived in Korea and taught in a very rural middle school. For exercise, I liked to hike some old mountain trails and back areas. One time while I was walking I saw some ribs at the side of the road that were human size. I also smelled the smell of rotting meat. I got the hell out of there fast. I never went back that way and never found out what it was that was dead. But I figured it's better for a foreigner not get involved in a possible crime.

Old 06-27-2021, 05:59 PM

3,238 posts, read 1,730,994 times
Not a ghost story but when I was 22 I was at a carnival with my girlfriend at the time and we went to see the "gypsy woman fortune teller." She looked every bit the part, and the table even held a crystal ball and candles. We all chatted a bit and she proceeded to talk about what "the spirits" had in store for each of us. When my girlfriend asked the gypsy if I would be the one to marry her. Gypsy woman looks each of us over and tells her "No, you will not be married". Then she gives me the once over asks me to show her the palms of my hands and tells me "You will marry a woman named Cathleen* ...and then gypsy woman pauses, does a double take while looking at my girlfriend and says "But not thees one".

Gypsy woman did not ask either of us our names as we were chatting and we didn't mention any names when we met her. so this kinda caught us off guard. How did she know my girlfriends name? Would she ever be married ? Girlfriend got upset Called her an old crazy lady and a fake. That girlfriend and I broke up a year later and went our separate ways. 5 years later I read an article in a local newspaper about an accident with one fatality. It was Cathleen, my ex girlfriend.

After talking to mutual friends I learned she hadn't married. Fast forward another 15 years. I had moved to another state, found myself an eligible young lady and proposed. My wife Cathleen and I have been married for 27 years this past March. From time to time I reflect on what that fortune teller had said to us. Did she say my girlfriend would not be married because she saw death in her future ? When the fortune teller told me "Not thees one" how did she know my girlfriends name Or that my future spouse would have the same name as my girlfriend ?

I'm guessing some people might actually have the gift of foresight. Who's to say it ain't so?

*Name changed for privacy

Old 06-28-2021, 09:32 AM

102,173 posts, read 107,699,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver 47 View Post
Not a ghost story but when I was 22 I was at a carnival with my girlfriend at the time and we went to see the "gypsy woman fortune teller." She looked every bit the part, and the table even held a crystal ball and candles. We all chatted a bit and she proceeded to talk about what "the spirits" had in store for each of us. When my girlfriend asked the gypsy if I would be the one to marry her. Gypsy woman looks each of us over and tells her "No, you will not be married". Then she gives me the once over asks me to show her the palms of my hands and tells me "You will marry a woman named Cathleen* ...and then gypsy woman pauses, does a double take while looking at my girlfriend and says "But not thees one".

Gypsy woman did not ask either of us our names as we were chatting and we didn't mention any names when we met her. so this kinda caught us off guard. How did she know my girlfriends name? Would she ever be married ? Girlfriend got upset Called her an old crazy lady and a fake. That girlfriend and I broke up a year later and went our separate ways. 5 years later I read an article in a local newspaper about an accident with one fatality. It was Cathleen, my ex girlfriend.

After talking to mutual friends I learned she hadn't married. Fast forward another 15 years. I had moved to another state, found myself an eligible young lady and proposed. My wife Cathleen and I have been married for 27 years this past March. From time to time I reflect on what that fortune teller had said to us. Did she say my girlfriend would not be married because she saw death in her future ? When the fortune teller told me "Not thees one" how did she know my girlfriends name Or that my future spouse would have the same name as my girlfriend ?

I'm guessing some people might actually have the gift of foresight. Who's to say it ain't so?

Cool story. I'm impressed the carnival hired a real psychic, not a fake one.

Of course some people have the gift of foresight, or "second sight", as some people call it. What I've noticed, is that the gift can manifest inconsistently for some people; they may get a flash of insight one day for a client, but on other occasions--nothing. Or they may be doing a "reading" for someone, and get lots of random information coming to them by whatever mysterious means it is, but none of the info is relevant to the client's expressed concerns. It's all accurate info, it just has nothing to do with why the client is there. And then there are a few rare people, who seem to be able to tune right in pretty consistently, and get accurate info.

Old 06-28-2021, 08:21 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,001,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver 47 View Post

This reminds me of when I was about 14 or 15 years old. My father passed away when I was 14. Sometime in that next year my moms friend took her with her to see a psychic. I went along for the ride as I always went everywhere with my mom. I only remember one thing he, the psychic said and it came as we were walking out the door.....he said "by the way get rid of the headboards under your bed. You will never use them."

We walked out got in the car and my mom started the car and sat there with the AC running. Then she shook her head and said " how in the hell did he know I have two twin headboards stored under my bed?"

She did. Two twin headboards she had under her CA King bed. They had been there for the four- five years we had lived in the house we were living in.

Old 06-29-2021, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
This reminds me of when I was about 14 or 15 years old. My father passed away when I was 14. Sometime in that next year my moms friend took her with her to see a psychic. I went along for the ride as I always went everywhere with my mom. I only remember one thing he, the psychic said and it came as we were walking out the door.....he said "by the way get rid of the headboards under your bed. You will never use them."

We walked out got in the car and my mom started the car and sat there with the AC running. Then she shook her head and said " how in the hell did he know I have two twin headboards stored under my bed?"

She did. Two twin headboards she had under her CA King bed. They had been there for the four- five years we had lived in the house we were living in.
This is what I mean by totally random information coming in, sometimes. Who cares about head boards? lol. Did he have any insights or predictions relevant to questions or concerns your mom had? Any info about your dad? I guess you don't remember that part, but it seems, that if he'd some up with some important advice or maybe a communication from your dad (mediumship), or an insight about a future event that later came true, she would have commented, and you might have remembered.

Old 06-29-2021, 09:03 PM

4,657 posts, read 4,113,646 times
This thread comes up so often I have mine on speed dial. I'll post mine with the disclaimer that I do not believe in the supernatural, but some of these were pretty weird.

SLEEP PARALYSIS
When i was 5-6, i has an episode of sleep paralysis accompanied with a full-on hallucination of a shadowy being. I opened my eyes and looked though the open door portal into the lit hallway to see a dark silhouette standing there, apparently regarding me. I thought i might be my sister, but I had a sense of fear, and then, all at once, it was next to me for a second, as if it had teleported or moved at fantastic speed. I can still remember distinctly that it felt it pinch me. And then it was gone.

At the time I tried to convince myself that I was dreaming when I knew damn well that I wasn't, because, at the time, I was not capable of dreaming in that sort of detail. My dreams were then entirely impressionistic in a way that is hard to describe, something like a comic book, and mostly remain so until this day. I was looking down that hallway, and I would not be able to dream real-world images like that at all until I was better than 30 years old.

I carried that around for a long time, and was very relieved when many years later i discovered sleep paralysis as a logical, and fairly common, explanation.

WHISPERING...OR TINNITUS
Occasionally, when young, especially in my very early teens, when I was trying to get to sleep I became convinced that was hearing incoherent whispering. I suppose it could be a an actual defect of the ears, as mine get waxy and easily infected. Perhaps it is related to tinnitus.

THE CREEPY OLD PRIEST
One day when I was approximately 17-18, I was riding a fairly empty bus. I was near the back almost by myself. The bus stopped, and this creepy looking priest got on, looking like he was about 80 years old and with a ugly look on his face as if he were in pain.

For whatever reason, he did not take any one of the dozens of open seats, but instead, walked to the back of the bus, and, despite his age and apparent pain, stood almost directly behind me. I think I moved, although I don't remember how it ended.

PHANTOM PHONE STALKER
This occurred when I was about 24-25. Going to change my name for the sake of the story. To get it, you have to understand that:

A) My Uncle does not have the same last name.
B) I live in SF and he on Long Island.
C) I have never given his number to anyone and don't even know it off hand as my mom keeps in touch.

Phone rings one night very late, around midnight-ish. He answers it.

"Hello."

"Is John Macallister there?" a female voice inquires. More than a little surprised, he replies:

"No. He doesn't live here."

"Is John Macallister there?" the voice, now more insistent, demands. Now thoroughly perplexed, he replies:

"Well no, but if you need to get a message to him, I can arrange that."

Caller hangs up and never calls back. I am sure there is a rational explanation, but I can't think of it, again, taking into account:

A) My Uncle does not have the same last name.
B) I live in SF and he on Long Island.
C) I have never given his number to anyone and don't even know it off hand as my mom keeps in touch

THE PIGEON WINGS
Forgot my exact age--somewhere between 31-35 or so. I was checking the lockdown of my company's facilities on a holiday, when I got to one of the biggest, most isolated buildings on the bay coast. Due to the holiday, there was literally no one around the industrial park area for several blocks except me and the guard at the front. Just about everything checked out, and was fine...until I got to the gas pumps.

Someone had, for no reason that I could fathom, carved the wings from one of the ubiquitous pigeons, and jammed them in the handle of one of the gas pumps, for me or someone else to find. The part that made it really creepy was the surgical precision--the wings were attached to each other via bone structure and spinal column. To this day I am not sure who would have done it, why, where they got the skill, or how they had access to the pumps.

I checked the premises thoroughly, including the inside of the building, but never found any serial killer hiding in the dark, or anything. I left, telling the guard that should they see anyone come for them, they were to leave immediately and call the police when safe.

TOOTH PREMONITION
When I was 41, I want back to the dentist for the first time in years ( I just hate going). My front tooth is going to have to be pulled and replaced because of some sort of fracture near the nerve up in the gum from grinding in my sleep. That is what makes this story strange--there is no visible aspect of it at all. I can feel it, but it is not visible. I had known for a couple of months, but I waited for a return visit to get the final confirmation.

The Sunday after that Friday follow up appointment, I went to visit my mom. I walked in, and she immediately began to freak out asking me what happened to my tooth. I asked her what the heck she was talking about, and she asked my why my tooth was missing. She thought that the exact tooth that I have to get pulled, and will be missing for awhile until I can get the implant, was gone.

I had not told her about it. She had no way of knowing. There is nothing visibly wrong with the tooth. She saw soon enough that she was wrong.

If I didn't know better, I would say that she was seeing into the future.

PAUL'S DEATH
One Saturday night, my wife and I went to bed, probably between 2-3 in the morning. It should be noted that I had, for the past few nights, had dreams about a couple of deceased loved ones that were bothering me. Shortly thereafter, we both heard a strange rattling in the room. It sounded to me like someone had picked up the Tums bottle I keep by the bed and started shaking it, although I could not quite tell where it was coming from. I opened my eyes and looked around in the dark. My wife asked nervously:

"Was that you?"

"No. I think it came from upstairs." That was a lie as it was clearly in the room, and she called me on it.

"That was here somewhere. That is scary!"

I made up another lie. "Babe, I think it was just my Tums bottle. I left it on top of my clothes there and it just fell over. Go to sleep." That was pure nonsense as it was a good, long rattle, and she did not believe it, but she had confidence that I was not worried. And I wasn't. I did not and do not know what the hell it was, but I could see that there was no one else in the room, and that is ALL that I was afraid of.

Now here is where it gets real spooky.

I only check my personal phone about once a week, since my wife and mom just call my business phone. But when I woke, I found that my business phone was suddenly dead--not as in needing a charge, but no longer working dead. So I went to pick up my personal phone to call my mom, which I would not have ordinarily done, only to find that I had several messages left on it over the last few days. It was the sister of a friend of ours that we last had over on Christmas Eve. We had invited him over on New Years, but he said that he felt real sick and couldn't make it.

I didn't know until I called his sister back Monday, but he had died.

Nightmares of the dead...the weird disembodied noise in our room...my business phone dying for no reason, drawing attention to my personal phone with the messages....the death of my friend. All seemingly related though some synchronicity.

THE STRANGE BOY
In July of my 42nd year, I stopped at the 7/11 to get a cup of coffee, and intentionally parked a little ways out because I don't like being crowded. To paint the picture, it was about 2100, and in an unusually big parking lot for a convenience store, since it is a fairly isolated truck-stop type area just outside of the airport on the edge of a business park.

Four boys came wandering into the parking lot, young teenagers, and three of them walked inside. One of them wandered over to my truck--again, no reason as I was off by myself--and stood there looking at me.

"What you want boy?" I inquired. He merely stood looking at me a second, shrugged, widened his eyes for a second, and then adjusted his shirt in a weird way. Sensing no good coming of this, I was just about to get out of the truck and slap him one when he wandered off into the store with his friends.

I pulled up to the front give him some "I mean business" looks, but I had to get back to work, and it occurred to me that as odd as it was, no harm was done. I drove off and left it at that.

The more I think about it, the weirder it gets, as there are no residences out there and nothing for young kids to be visiting. As they had no car, I am not even sure how they would have gotten there except to make a very long and pointless walk over and down the freeway.

INDEPENDENCE DAY
I used to work a security gig at Tanforan Shopping Mall in Cali. The place used to be a Japanese internment camp, and many people working there at the time thought that it was extremely haunted.

One day, we started getting vague, indecipherable transmissions over our walki-radios, and the guy sitting in the employee entrance watching the monitors started freaking out because some of them started blurring. He honestly begged us for someone to come relieve him.

Yeah, by the way, I know that it sounds like Independence Day. We made the joke at the time.

A STRANGE PITCH
When I was probably about 5-6, my mom took my sister and I, she being about two years older, to a thrift shop with a lower, possibly underground level. I remember hearing a slight ringing in my ears when I entered the store, but when I went to the lower level, it became intolerable screaming in my ears. My sister could hear it too, though not to the same extent. My mom couldn't hear, it, and seemingly, neither could any of the other adults. As you get older, you lose frequencies of hearing, so it is no great mystery that adults could not hear it, but what in the world was making it in the first place?

UFO
When I was in my twenties, my mom grabbed me and pulled my outside to look up in the air. I saw an object that looked like two side by side oval shapes moving across the sky, but rather than having any kind of color or texture, they looked "cloaked," as if with technology from the movie PREDATOR. The object rapidly got too far out to see, but shortly thereafter came from a completely different part of the sky traveling in a different direction. I never saw nor heard any kind of report on it, as if my mom and I were the only ones to have seen it. At the time we lived near an airport, and I wonder if the government was not intentionally running some sort of stealth technology there to see if anyone would notice.

GREEK THEATER DENUNK
I probably in my late thirties when I went hiking in a spot called Black Diamond Mines on a weekday when virtually no one was out there. The place, a hiking found where there are still mines, and an old cemetery at the peak of a hill, is supposed to be haunted. I was up in the hills, and could see only a small party down in the valley below. Suddenly, I started hearing voices, as if right behind my ear, when there just wasn't anyone else out there. A skeptic, I came up with what I think is a great answer as to what I was hearing, and why people think the place is haunted: at certain points, the hills form a Greek theater effect, and you can hear people down in the valley, or other parts of the hill, as if they were standing right next to you.

POST SCRIPT:

Let me add one I just remembered....

THE HALLOWEEN BROKEN NOSE

When I was about 32-33, my wife and I went to a Halloween haunted house event. We were buying tickets up from, where it was very dark, and a heavy-set woman standing right next to me fell and hit her nose on a large log that was laying on the ground near the ticket-booth. She sprayed blood all over and yelled "my goddamn nose is broken." Nobody moved to help her because, though it was indeed real, it looked so staged and improbable that everyone thought it was a Halloween prank.

And one more...I am getting old and have had lots of years.

THE RABID MAN
When I was in my late thirties, I was standing in line to board a plane when the guy behind me fell over, nearly knocked me over, and collapsed on the ground foaming at the mouth. for a few seconds, no one realized this was happening but me. I alerted people in front of me, and someone who was a doctor or some sort tried CPR while he had me try to take the pulse. Eventually the EMTs showed up, and did not want o do anything (I guess the foam?), but as the doctor yelled at them, they tried injecting him with something, which caused him to get up and start attacking, out of his mind. They wrestled him down, and I think he was all right. The craziest part is that an hour later, he would have been up in the air, far from help, as good as dead.

THE BUM
I was about 10 and playing ball at the local schoolyard on the weekend by myself. The school was next to a huge dead area between the freeway, broken on by a traintrack, with the airport on the other side....very isolated. The ball got away from he, and I followed it to the fenceline. When I got to the fenceline, I realized that a creepy bum with big eyes was standing on the other side of the fence, just starring at me.

Last edited by cachibatches; 06-29-2021 at 09:25 PM..

Old 06-29-2021, 09:25 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,001,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is what I mean by totally random information coming in, sometimes. Who cares about head boards? lol. Did he have any insights or predictions relevant to questions or concerns your mom had? Any info about your dad? I guess you don't remember that part, but it seems, that if he'd some up with some important advice or maybe a communication from your dad (mediumship), or an insight about a future event that later came true, she would have commented, and you might have remembered.
Yes he had a lot to say. Seeing as this was 1981 or 82 my memory is vague. One thing he told her was that the cigarette smoke smell she had been waking up to at night was my dad smoking outside her window I do remember that my moms bed had a window on each side of the headboard. She would sleep with the one on her side cracked open about 6 " or so. We lived in southern CA so the weather was right for it. She would wake in the middle of the night to the smell of cigarette smoke. My dad smoked. So he was correct about that as well.

My best friends mom went to a psychic before she was married. The psychic told her that she would marry a man without a family. That they would have 3 kids. The youngest would be a girl and she would have 3 children but only two pregnancies. Well her husband was adopted so she always figured that was what the psychic meant by no family. Also her daughter (my best friend) has three children that came way of two pregnancies. A single birth followed by twins.

Old 07-01-2021, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
Yes he had a lot to say. Seeing as this was 1981 or 82 my memory is vague. One thing he told her was that the cigarette smoke smell she had been waking up to at night was my dad smoking outside her window I do remember that my moms bed had a window on each side of the headboard. She would sleep with the one on her side cracked open about 6 " or so. We lived in southern CA so the weather was right for it. She would wake in the middle of the night to the smell of cigarette smoke. My dad smoked. So he was correct about that as well.

My best friends mom went to a psychic before she was married. The psychic told her that she would marry a man without a family. That they would have 3 kids. The youngest would be a girl and she would have 3 children but only two pregnancies. Well her husband was adopted so she always figured that was what the psychic meant by no family. Also her daughter (my best friend) has three children that came way of two pregnancies. A single birth followed by twins.
Thank you! The first paragraph makes a much better story with those facts aded. And the 2nd story's great, too. I don't know how people find these psychics who are so accurate. How would anyone know, ether any random one advertising, or at a carnival, or wherever, would be the real deal? I suppose--by-word of mouth?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal