U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2010, 05:01 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,018,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
hahahahaha

Terrell prophesied back in the 1970's that Richard Nixon would commit suicide over the Watergate scandal. It didn't come to pass.

Terrell prophesied right after Pope John Paul I died in 1978 that Pope John Paul II would die in less than a year from taking office. It didn't come to pass.

Many of Terrell's prophecies, too numerous to list, have failed.

The bible says to kill the false prophet, not "do him no harm". hahahaha

Seems like a funny old dude though. And a dynamic speaker. I guess we should refrain from stoning him?

Okay - enough fun for one night. I'm going to bed.

Love to you all - even to "Brother Terrell"
As usual Firstborn...your biting humor catches my eyes...
Rate this post positively

Old 12-08-2010, 02:30 PM

91 posts, read 526,712 times
nope.....let's stone him. i was a terrellite for so many years i can't even count them. i know all the low down evil money grubbing ways he has. i moved to the blessed area where he dared us to walk out of his service with even a dime in our pockets!!!! so much i can't begin to tell it all!!!!! stone his ass.....

Old 12-08-2010, 03:22 PM

before you dismiss my previous statement, let me tell you that i have been a terrellite since i was about 4 years old. i was raised in that insanity. it was the only church i ever attended till i was grown. i even worked for them ( for free of course). we moved to brownwood texas in 1973 because he told us the world was ending and that there were blessed areas where we could be kept from all the atom bombs that were supposed to destroy the world any day.so my folks moved us here.he said money would no longer matter so give it all to him so he could go preach and save the world.so we did.we were so poor!!!! the whole congregation was poor church mice.we ate lunch meat and drank water....when we could get it.meanwhile,he bought a house valued at 125,000 thousand ( in 1976 that was a lot of money ) with a 20,000 dollar guitar shaped swimming pool in hamilton texas. if he really believed this was the blessed area, why didn't he move here as well ??? while we gave all our money,pay checks,coats,shoes,rings, and some of us lived in houses with dirt floors,or no heat or water so the gospel could be preached;he was building his bank account to millionaire ststus.he would arrive at the church to preach in mercedes benzs,tailored suits and proceed to prophesy to us that god was going to destroy the whole world unless we gave all we could.he would say god will kill you or the closest thing to your heart if you walk out of here with one dime in your pocket!!!!!! he would say if you get up on my floor while i am preaching ,you will drop dead!!!!! before you call me a liar, ihave tapes of some of these sevices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he would say if you talk about the way i take offerings, you will never have a chance to go to heaven because that is blaspheming !!!!! he had us scared to move in our seats !!!!!! he controlled us with fear....great fear !!!!! as we got poorer,he waxed richer.he now has houses in lots of very desireable communities a bank account you would not believe. this is just a little bit of what he did....... this is not here say,remember i was there.as for the people who are saying he is a good man,they are brain washed and/or scared.i no longer am.there is a special place in hell for preachers who take advantage of the poor like he does.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:15 PM

reading back over some of the opinions of the obvious terrellites,i can honestly say i am not amazed.i used to be just like you.when u stand before god, you can't say 'bro this or bro.that told me' so that is why i did it.wake up.all he wants or ever wanted was your money and you know it. it you really thought he was a prophet you would never have moved from the ' blessed' area.if you believed his words that destruction was coming and atom bombs would destroy america except for about the 5 places he named,you would be there now !!!!!!!!!! so stop already. either you know he was lying all along or you are the biggest fools in the world for having left. so tell me ,which is it ???

Old 12-21-2010, 03:10 PM

further more, the pastor over that church now that is under david terrell is a racist bigot.i can't begin to tell you all the people who have said he has used racial slurs to them as well as having used some to me.that's right. i said to me. as you have guessed, i still live here in brownwood which is about ten miles from bangs where the 'mother' church is.that pastor currently has 2 indictments for burgulary of a habitation.apparently he and his grandson kicked in the doors of a few church people when they weren't home and took what they wanted. they didn't count on a church member who saw them telling it!!!! they denied it but when the police searched there homes they found some of the stolen items !!!!!!!! it goes to court in january 2011.check it out for your self. i think they had been so used to doing the members so bad and scaring them with judgement and death they felt they were invinsible.modern day bullies and gangsters !!!!!they thought they had them so wrapped up and scared till they could do whatever they wanted to to them and no one would say or do anything back because they were scared of 'the wrath of god'.they had no ideal a little old lady would dare to come forward.the trailers were on the land right next door to the church and named julie court{after the former pastors daughter}the former pastor sold the land at 1200 dollars a lot {not an acre but a small lot; back in the 70s that was a lot for land .especially land that did nothing but flood all the time every single time it rained !!!!!!!!!!as the folks began to pay it off,they started to ask for titles.after him hawing around for months,he stated there would be no titles given. they could just live there till they died and then the land would go back to the church. hmmmmmm. doesn't sound like they really thought jesus was coming soon as they were telling us but rather they were making plans for the future!!!!!!the church people got mad and angry and the preacher could have cared less. after all he had just sold land at twice the price and yet managed to keep the title !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they then said you also had to keep coming to that church and paying your tithes in order to stay out there !!!!! said your kids couldn.t stay out there unless they o.k.d it. and no !!!!!!!!!! you can not leave it to your kids !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as the saints grew older and some moved away bitter and hurt,some also passed away.twice poor and then some.the new pastor ,ronnie white,began to go into their houses at will. it didn't matter to him. his grandson would break in and take what ever and destroy the rest but no one would tell the police or press charges because they feared the wrath of the prophet !!!!!!instead. they told each other and mourned the loss of whatever few possessions they had that were just lossed.of course the pastor and his kids are denying it evev though the stuff was in the grandsons home.he said he found the stuff in a ditch that was in his house . yeah right ! well, guess we will see how it all plays out. of course they have high dollar lawyers and the church people are scared to talk . you guys have a nice day !!!!~oh yeah,that modest house in ft.worth of david terrells is NOT where he lives. only the care takers stayed there.he has mansions in florida and stonemountain georgia as well as oklahoma and australia to name a few. wake up. you are only as good as your dollar bill to him.

Old 01-17-2011, 02:00 PM

i don't think they believe in a god of any kind.i can't wait to see how they get up and bad mouth the people they stole from

Old 01-17-2011, 02:08 PM

you would think that as christians, they would be humble and ask for forgiveness.doesn't the bible say to suffer the wrong {granted the bible was assuming you were in the right and not have stolen your members stuff and then had enough nerve to take it to your house and start using it like it was your own }? you will see what kind of christians they are because i betcha, they will slander and defame the ones that were robbed. those of you that are still there.... BEWARE. you're next if you get in their way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't forget the woman who asked for a receipt so she could file all her givings and offerings on her taxes a few years back !!!!!! this same preacher, they say, tried to stone her on church property!!!!! threw stones at her and told her to get away or he would stretch her out beside her departed loved one.{ of course he said it rougher than that but she may read this and i intend no hurt toward her } she took him to court and he weaseled his way out of it.do i believe her ???? hell yeah !!! too many stories such as that floating around these parts from church members up there. remember, i have been on the wrong side of him as well......

Old 01-17-2011, 03:29 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,018,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diaperpins View Post
you would think that as christians, they would be humble and ask for forgiveness.doesn't the bible say to suffer the wrong {granted the bible was assuming you were in the right and not have stolen your members stuff and then had enough nerve to take it to your house and start using it like it was your own }? you will see what kind of christians they are because i betcha, they will slander and defame the ones that were robbed. those of you that are still there.... BEWARE. you're next if you get in their way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't forget the woman who asked for a receipt so she could file all her givings and offerings on her taxes a few years back !!!!!! this same preacher, they say, tried to stone her on church property!!!!! threw stones at her and told her to get away or he would stretch her out beside her departed loved one.{ of course he said it rougher than that but she may read this and i intend no hurt toward her } she took him to court and he weaseled his way out of it.do i believe her ???? hell yeah !!! too many stories such as that floating around these parts from church members up there. remember, i have been on the wrong side of him as well......
Your courage to stand up and expose a hurtful deed is truly worth praising...I pray that those who are victimized by this, heed your words!

Blessings...

Old 01-18-2011, 09:04 AM

you would cry if you could go back and see the hungry skinny kids that attended that church.some of us would go for a few days with no food or because our parents had no money as he had demanded it all. we slept under those big gospel tents on folded chairs we pushed together or on the platform under piecse of left over tarp.}tarp is what the tents were made of. so if there was an extra flap that they hadn't used, we kids would grab it at night and use it for cover.} we had backaches galore . i remember i was always cold... sooooooo cold!!! i could never get warm. our clothes were NEVER in style. never fit and never in season hardly.our health and hygeine was horrible but we didn't mind cause we were going to heaven.... tommorrow !!! or so it seemed.i want everybody up there to know and understand what is actually happening.he tells his congregation that if you listen to anyone who has left this way, you will be doomed to hell because it is blaspheming god !!! so of course,they will shun you if they know you are definately not part any more.he tells his crowd to turn off their recorders before he takes up the offering so no one can prove what he actually tells them to get their money.you know, preachers are supposed to report ALL MONIES to the government.but not them.they pocket thousands each service .you may say those people are too poor to have much money so how can they give a lot. you would be surprised !!! we would save and scrimp and get by on nickels and dimes so as to say so we could 'have a good offering for the man of god'. of course this also came from him. the belief that you don't come before a 'prophet ' empty handed. that you bring the best you have or can get anf hold nothing back.him up there in his tailored suits and us in our hand me down goodwill long dresses with a piece sewn on the bottom thinking we were the ony ones standing between the earth and god and sudden destruction.i used to wonder, god why do you want to kill us for what those sinners are doing?i'd think my chances are better out there with the 'world'. then i would pray pray that god didn't kill me for that thought. i wonder what type of person it is that can see children hungry and know it is because of you and don't care ? what type of man is it that can see people hitchhiking to his services and keep driving and not pick them up ? what manner of man stands in a pulpit and sayss 'thus saith the lord ' and know he's lying and do it anyway ?? is money THAT GOOD ? i wish i could shrinky dink all the people who attend or who ever did attend up there and put them in my pocket so i can keep them safe forever and ever. god knows no harm would ever come to them again.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:51 AM

oh yeah, we were supposed to wear dresses that at least covered our knees,sleeves that at least came past our elbows,collars to our neck or as close as possible,never cut our hair, no makeup, no cologne, no jewelry [ HE SAID GOD KNOWS WE ARE MARRIED SO WHY WASTE MONEY ON A RING ? BRING THAT RING UP HERE SO I CAN SELL IT AND PREACH THE GOSPEL } i guess this is a good time to tell you he now wears one. oh yeah, he claims this one.he's had a few other wives and sometimes more than one at a time.he kept it a secret though. i think he felt more females would give to him if they felt in their hearts they had a chance with him or something like that.anyway, we weren't supposed to watch t.v. [ HE CALLED IT A HELLAVISION }, celebrate any holidays or waste money.he said if we gave all to him, that god would make the sinners give us whatever they had that we wnted. so you had folks driving stakes in the yards of rich folks down here in brownwood claiming their house or property in gods name for theirselves. you had folks going in the grocery stores [ kings grocery store and j.r.b.}trying to walk out with a basket full of food and not paying for it saying 'god said i could have it '.now days ,they are taught to be more discreet with what they do. they have lost a lot of followers but you would be surprised how many are left. even those that no longer attend will say he is a prophet and scared to even listen to you speak ill of him because they say' but if he is a prophet, god will kill us'. david terrell is good for taking a whole service to tell the people how to treat him ' A PROPHET ' .' EVEN IF YOU DON'T LIKE ME,' HE SAYS,' GOD WILL KILL YOU OR WHATEVER IS CLOSER TO YOUR HEART THAN YOU IF YOU SPEAK BAD ABOUT THIS MINISTRY OR THE WAY I TAKE UP OFFERINGS .' HE EVEN TOLD US HOW TO VOTE. we weren't allowed to visit other churches . i have actually been in a SERVICE where david terrell didn't like a mans attitude toward him and he had a few of his bodyguards physically lay hands on a black man and carry him out from under the tent and sit on him till church was out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the whole tent of people watched up there in bangs when he did this. a few hundred folks can agree with these things i say but are probably to scared to.once years back, a barely 5 foot tall sister in her 60's tried to tell the people how one of david terrells body guards had picked her up and slammed her to the ground 3 times between the saturday services that day and how bad she was hurting and to pray for her. david terrell took the mike back from her and said she was lying that we were looking at a dead woman if she didn't repent of that lye. that she was jealous because the man she said did that was one of his favorites and sha was jealous of that. he did his little shake and told the congregation she would be dead soon for that lye. she bagan to cry. the people shunned her instantly except for a few.sca5red god would kill them too if they spoke to her. the kicker ???? the said man had just said in the hallway he had done this and he didn't think anyone black would ever speak to him again.imagine.... she was in her 60's with no family down here.he did this to her all because she had told him to get off her car.guess he was having a bad day.she said he lifted her over his head snd threw her down.i saw her bruises. i saw them. i saw them.I SAW THEM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.