U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 03:12 PM

6 posts, read 26,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofprayerforallpeople View Post
Just because you don't believe something will happen does not make it a false prophecy, I do not recall anyone giving a specific date on which this tragedy should happen, that would be like saying, "John the Revelator's a False Prophet he said there would be a second coming of Christ and it didn't happen" you see what I'm saying just because something hasn't happened yet don't mean it won't , I can assure you if David Terrell Prophesied California would fall into the Ocean then I'm glad I don't live there, He went to New Orleans a month or so before Katrina hit and got down on his knees and begged those people to leave and they wouldn't listen, I wonder how many of them that turned their backs on him survived?

As I said just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it's not going to happen, Moderator cut: inappropriate comments I myself would not call no one a false prophet just because an event they prophesied, hasn't happened yet, I 'm sure people during the Bible days called prophets false because some of their prophesy are kust now coming to pass, besides if i remember correctly the event that will happen in CA. was a vision and not a prophesy, and this is the last reply I'm sending to you, I prefer not to argue, I'm sure your a good person and I will say a pray for you that when sudenn destruction comes to CA. the lord will protect you, God Bless

Last edited by Alpha8207; 01-20-2008 at 09:36 PM..
Rate this post positively

Old 01-21-2008, 06:35 AM

479 posts, read 1,079,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofprayerforallpeople View Post
As I said just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it's not going to happen, Moderator cut: inappropriate comments I myself would not call no one a false prophet just because an event they prophesied, hasn't happened yet, I 'm sure people during the Bible days called prophets false because some of their prophesy are kust now coming to pass, besides if i remember correctly the event that will happen in CA. was a vision and not a prophesy, and this is the last reply I'm sending to you, I prefer not to argue, I'm sure your a good person and I will say a pray for you that when sudenn destruction comes to CA. the lord will protect you, God Bless

Yeah the term false prophet can bit a bit overused nowadays. People need to attack doctrine, rather than character or pass condemning judgements on individuals. This is something I'm learning myself as I grow in Christ. Thanks again for this testimony.

Old 02-18-2008, 03:20 PM

2 posts, read 10,955 times
Default David Terrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Thank you to all who responded. I personally think if a man dedicates himself to God, then his faith can do tremendous things.

How many christians on CD Forum? How many from the southern states? And not one comes forward to speak on behalf of Brother David Terrell?

Although I have never been a follower of Brother David Terrell, I am not in any way against him or saying anything negative on him. My friend loves to hear him preach and will travel great distances to attend one of his tent revivals. I was simply hoping someone out there would respond to my inquiry.

But I do remember the old tent revival days in Oklahoma when I was a boy. Best save those stories for another thread!

Hi there!

I've never met David Terrell, however my Pastor always speaks of him and the time spent in Bangs. He has nothing put great things to say about him and how he is a wonderful man of God. I personally read a book of him and it was quite encouraging. It told the story of his time in India, I believe and how God began to use him, how he was a sickly boy and how God healed him. I loved it!

Please tell me some stories of Brother Terrell!!! I'm a young Christian on fire for the Lord and any story you can share about him, would be awesome!!!

Old 02-18-2008, 03:27 PM

2 posts, read 10,955 times
Quote:
I wonder if there are any other prophets out there- who like Bro. Terrell, do not call attention to themselves?

Could there be some small, out-of-the-way church with a preacher or layperson who has been given this gift?

Houseofprayerforallpeople, regarding opinion's, this is a public forum and like it or not, there will always be a wide range of opinions on any given subject or person. Best to accept that.

Brother Terrell does not call himself a pastor? I can see not calling himself a prophet, because that could be taken for becoming vain, but why would he not call himself a pastor? I don't understand that.
My Pastor, who I referred to in an earlier quote of yours, was with Brother Terrell for a good while and though he doesn't title himself either, except for being our Pastor is also Prophetic with an Apostile ministry.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:18 PM

83 posts, read 311,696 times
I personally traveled with Bro Terrels ministry back in the early 80's before my son was born and some after. I use to usher at his tent revivals. He is a great man of God! Now that my son is grown and married he is wanting to catch up with him this summer and attend at least one tent revival. He does not call himself a pastor because he is not a pastor. He is a prophet, no matter what anyone says. The Bible says touch not my annointed and do my prophets NO harm. I have seen a lot of miracles in the revivals, I know they are real. One time I was ushering for him and a guy came into the tent from a rock concert, this guy was flying high on LSD, He went up on the platform and tried to harrass Bro Terrell. He even got behing him and grabbed him around the neck. Bro. Terrell turned in circles and prayed for him and in just a little bit, God cast the demons out of that guy and he was totally straight, He began to repent and praise God and was saved right then and there. It was so awesome. You could see the transformation! If you ever get a chance to attend one of his revivals, particularly a tent revival, I am partial to them, you should do so. I also spent some time in Bangs and in Ashdown. I use to Live in Harrison so I went to his church in Bergman, but they are no longer with him. They have gone the way of the world.

Old 02-23-2008, 08:29 PM

1 posts, read 5,454 times
Default He is real

I just got home a few minutes ago from one of his tent reviles in Ashdown Arkansas. My Dad has know him for many many years since he was 18 dad is now 54. I have talked to Dad about him for as long as I have ever known and yes I do believe that he is a true Prophet. Dad has seen him first hand lay hands on a blind man with 2 glass eyes I repeat 2 glass eyes and not know just knew that he was blind. Not being told by anyone and laying hands on him and declaring him healed. At that very moment he could see. He could take his glass eyes out and read. That my friend is the power of God. He even said today that Im not saying im a prophet unless your saying im a prophet of Jesus. He truly lifts Jesus up on High. I have heard many other stories about him that are true. There are some videos of him on youtube.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y662EJkR7Nc]YouTube - BROTHER DAVID TERRELL[/url]

He has ministered all over the world bringing people to Christ. I truly believe that God has giving him visions. When he was a young boy around 9 he was diognosed with a deadly deseasse. His mother blieved in the true healing of the Holy Spirit and layed hands on him. The doctors have already said that there is nothing they can do and it will take a act of God to make him well and live a few more year. well Then one day when we was 12 or 13 laying in his bed dying he awoke to Jesus standing at the foot of his bed saying do not worry you are healed. He instantly stood up and was able to run around healed instantly. His brother ran out to get his mother that was in the cotton field picking cotton saying mom mom come quick come see. She ran into the house to see him up and running and she instantly threw her hands in the air and said I never doubuted you God I knew you would heal him. I believe that God uses him to spread the truth about the healing power of God and being fielled with the Holy Spirit.

Old 04-18-2008, 01:20 PM

3 posts, read 30,319 times
Default Helpful Information

Quote:
I have a question I have been wanting to ask. Has anyone heard of Brother David Terrell?

Back in the 70's, a close friend of mine became an ardent follower of Bro. David Terrell. She even moved from CA because he was saying that CA would fall into the ocean.

Out of curiousity, I googled his name and see he is now Prophet David Terrell. I am not trying to malign his ministry or his calling. I would just like to hear other people's view of him.
Thought you might find the following information helpful!

Bro. David H. Terrell a/k/a Daniel H. Ford: Convicted of tax fraud! (scroll down the page)
7203 - Bank Records &* Net Worth Increases 4 p4

Bro. Barron was pastor of Bro. Terrell's Bangs church: Convicted of perjury!
https://www.fastcase.com/Yahoo/Start.aspx?C=4f6eb9f91342e91e6e13a85077fae1e829d9a 954b9d99087&D=7d0456600e2ffbc57141d354c25d8f09cf91 312ac855867c&AffiliateConst=Yahoo (broken link)

It is interesting to note that the phrase “Thus saith the Lord” does not appear in the New Testament. When tempted by the devil, Jesus said, “It is written”, “It is written”, and “It is written again” Matt. 4:4-10. Jesus said, “Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures” Mat. 22:29. Concerning the New Testament priesthood: all believers are “kings and priests unto God”, and every believer is a “man of God” Rev. 1:6; 1Tim. 6:11; Gal. 3:28; 2Tim. 3:16,17. The Lord said, “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge” Hos. 4:6. The believers of Berea “were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.” Acts 17:11

“Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep‘s clothing” Mat. 7:15. Jesus said, “Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ [anointed]; and shall deceive many.... For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.” Mat. 24:4,5,24. BEWARE OF FALSE PROPHETS - DECEIVERS EXPOSED - WILLIAM M. BRANHAM, R. G. STAIR

“Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.” 1John 4:1. “And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness” 2Cor.11:14,15. “Prove all things” “by the word of God”, the Holy Bible. 1Thess. 5:21; 2Tim. 2:15; Rom. 10:17. “yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.” Rom. 3:4.

Last edited by JustMe007; 04-18-2008 at 01:31 PM..

Old 05-06-2008, 10:39 PM

74 posts, read 249,711 times
I believe that there is a gift of prophecy and it is badly needed in the body of Christ.
I believe that a person with this gift uses it to build and encourage the body of Christ.
A person with this gift can be greatly encouraging. Anyone whom is speaking as a prophet and says something that contradicts scripture could be speaking a false prophecy in ignorance, but may truly believe what they are saying. I believe many prophecy out of their own soul and not their spirit, but if they are doing it in faith it may be wrong, but God will look at the faith. Prophecy according to your faith. The best prophecy is the rememberence of a scripture that the Holy Spirit brings up at the right time to us personally. For instance when I walked by two people and heard that they were gossiping about someone, I heard the Holy Spirit say that gossip is a sin and go the other way, so I didn't hear that gossip. I don't know what or who they were talking about, because as soon as I heard they and them I left as the Holy Spirit directed. This is the best prophecy!

Old 05-07-2008, 02:38 PM

7,780 posts, read 14,156,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findaway View Post
Anyone whom is speaking as a prophet and says something that contradicts scripture could be speaking a false prophecy in ignorance, but may truly believe what they are saying.
Wouldn't this still make them a false prophet?

How would a person speaking on behalf of the Lord be ignorant?

Old 05-15-2008, 10:29 PM

105 posts, read 331,677 times
Hey everybody, what a great post! I've been hanging around in other Christian posts and I wish I found this one earlier! I don't think I've seen any of you in the posts I've been a part of. Just stopping in to say hello! Well written posts!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.