U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 05-19-2008, 09:33 PM
 
3 posts, read 14,876 times
Reputation: 19

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
I have a question I have been wanting to ask. Has anyone heard of Brother David Terrell?

Back in the 70's, a close friend of mine became an ardent follower of Bro. David Terrell. She even moved from CA because he was saying that CA would fall into the ocean.

Out of curiousity, I googled his name and see he is now Prophet David Terrell. I am not trying to malign his ministry or his calling. I would just like to hear other people's view of him.
I was 12 years old when i heard David Terrell preaching on a.m. radio about aparteid in Africa. My grandmother was sewing listening to him. I had heard my family talking about this prophet so when he made this prophesy i ran to get the dictionary to look up what aparteid was. For a whole year i watched the news when my grandpa had it on to hear about aparteid. Nothing happened. In 11th grade I came home from basketball practice and turned on the television and on the way to the kitchen to get something to eat i heard the word "aparteid" for only the second time in my life. Running back to the t.v. i watched the news in south africa. This was around 1980 when he prophesied it on the radio and 1986 when i saw it on t.v. These can be looked up by you to see if what i say is legitimate. From that point forward although i was not a christian i wanted to see if what this man said happened. I am now 39 years old and live in Oklahoma. I go to his meetings whenever i can get to the Tulsa or muskogee area to hear what he has to say. I heard him prophesy the tornado that tore up Oklahoma City. He also prophesied "a death that will shock the world" which i gathered was princess Di's death 2 months after i heard him say it.
Now i do not live a christian life. But i believe from all the prophesies he has spoken and the ones i have lived to see happen, that this man is a true prophet. A downright scary prophet at that. He has never been one to please mans ears. Definitely not as the t.v. "prophets" like Benny Hinn. Now, listening to Benny Hinn I have found that MANY of his so called prophesies have just downright done the opposite of what he said. Especially when it comes to what he says about Israel and Palestine. And what I read in the bible about true prophets is that they dont "miss" prophesy. Because it is not man speaking but God. In the old testament a missed prophesy was met with stoning till death. Unlike Benny Hinn who has "missed" prophesy all together, David Terrell has not misprophesied anything. It appears from my standpoint that many i have heard have not happened yet. But as far as saying something and something else happens instead that has not happened since i have "followed" what he has said in the last 25 years.
A man of God will truly be known by his fruits. A fake can be pointed out by simply reading the bible and knowing what it says. It is after all Gods word. My suggestion is a logical one. Know your bible and listen to what David Terrell has to say with your own ears. And watch. I have been told that he prophesied many things from the twin towers falling which i understand he prophesied in the 60's and i can not vouch for to famine in America which I have heard him say but not seen yet. But If world events are any indication we are nearing that point at a rapid pace.
As far as California sinking, you can easily fing that information on the U.S.G.S (United States Geological Survey) website. He has been prophesying that for many years and now it appears that the landslides that are happening out in California are just that. Its drifting into the ocean. From my studies on this site it appears that a large earthquake out there could not only take California but also parts of the bordering states. Nevada, Arizona etc. Its a good informational site to find out without trusting the nightly news on what is happening undergroung in this region of the world. It appears our national parks in the Wyoming area are about to release a volcano unlike any other. Check out the U.S.G.S site. Especially if you choose to disagree David Terrell is a prophet. Which I believe he is. One just like Elijah.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 05-28-2008, 12:14 AM
 
1 posts, read 8,369 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe007 View Post
Thought you might find the following information helpful!

Bro. David H. Terrell a/k/a Daniel H. Ford: Convicted of tax fraud! (scroll down the page)
[url=http://www.irstaxattorney.com/Fraud-Statutes/7203_Bank_Records_Net_Worth_Increases_4_p4.html]7203 - Bank Records &* Net Worth Increases 4 p4[/url]

Bro. Barron was pastor of Bro. Terrell's Bangs church: Convicted of perjury!
https://www.fastcase.com/Yahoo/Start.aspx?C=4f6eb9f91342e91e6e13a85077fae1e829d9a 954b9d99087&D=7d0456600e2ffbc57141d354c25d8f09cf91 312ac855867c&AffiliateConst=Yahoo (broken link)

It is interesting to note that the phrase “Thus saith the Lord” does not appear in the New Testament. When tempted by the devil, Jesus said, “It is written”, “It is written”, and “It is written again” Matt. 4:4-10. Jesus said, “Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures” Mat. 22:29. Concerning the New Testament priesthood: all believers are “kings and priests unto God”, and every believer is a “man of God” Rev. 1:6; 1Tim. 6:11; Gal. 3:28; 2Tim. 3:16,17. The Lord said, “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge” Hos. 4:6. The believers of Berea “were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.” Acts 17:11

“Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep‘s clothing” Mat. 7:15. Jesus said, “Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ [anointed]; and shall deceive many.... For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.” Mat. 24:4,5,24. [url=http://www.angelfire.com/la2/prophet1/rgstair01.html]BEWARE OF FALSE PROPHETS - DECEIVERS EXPOSED - WILLIAM M. BRANHAM, R. G. STAIR[/url]

“Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.” 1John 4:1. “And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness” 2Cor.11:14,15. “Prove all things” “by the word of God”, the Holy Bible. 1Thess. 5:21; 2Tim. 2:15; Rom. 10:17. “yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.” Rom. 3:4.
U JUST WAIT AND SEE. U ALL THINK U KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT BRO DAVID TERRELL. U KNOW NOTHING. THIS MAN IS MORE REAL THAN THEN THE WEATHER. THE WEATHER U CAN'T DEPAND ON. BUT THE WORDS THAT COME OUT OF THIS MANS MOUTH IS REAL. U CAN DEPAND ON IT. LET ME TELL U SOMETHING, IN MACON GA 3 WEEKS AGO, THERE WAS A TENT REVIVAL, WITH BRO TERRELL. BEFORE HE LEFT THAT MEETING THE WORD OF THE LORD SPOKEN THROUGH THIS MAN. WARNING THE PEOPLE THAT BEFORE THE TRACKS OF THIS MAN WERE COLD MACON WOULD BE DESTORIED. INCAUSE U PEOPLE DON'T GET THE NEWS FROM GEORGIA, GET ON THE INTERNET AND CHECK IT OUT. NOT EVEN 24 HOURS AFTER BRO TERRELL LEFT MACON A STORM CAME THROUGH AND TOUR MACON GA UP. LOOK AT ATLANTA GA, NEVER HAS ATLANTA BEEN TOUR UP LIKE IT HAS BEEN THIS YEAR. JUST WATCH, GOD GETTING READY TO TEAR UP GAINESVILLE GA, GREENVILLE, SC JUST WAIT. GOD IS GETTING TIRED OF PEOPLE CALLING HIS PROPHET FALSE, PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO SERVE GOD, LIVE RIGHT, WATCH AND SEE. THE WORD OF THE LORD SPOKE THOUGH BRO TERRELL ABOUT THESE STORMS. SO U JUST WATCH THE NEWS AND SEE FOR UR SELF. U KNOW I CAME INTO THIS MINSTERY IN 1980. AND I SEEN THINGS, AND YES AT FIRST I THOUGHT THIS ISN'T REAL. BUT U KNOW IN BELLGLADE FLA, THE LORD SPOKE ABOUT THE AIDS. THAT SOMETHING DEADLY WAS GOING TO HIT THE GAYS AND THOSE HAVING SEX WITH THE SAME SEX. IT WOULD BE CALLED AIDS. AND LOOK OUT WORLD, HERE IT IS. PEOPLE DIEING EVERYDAY WITH AIDS. IN THAT SAME MEETING A WOMEN WALKED UNDER THE TENT THERE IN FLA, DURNING THE SERVICE SHE DIED. BELIVE IT OR NOT SHE DIED. I WAS RIGHT THERE, I HAVE A COPY OF THE VIDEO. I EVEN HELPED CARRIE HER UP TO BRO TERRELL FOR HIM TO PRAY FOR HER, AS HE WAS PRAYING FOR SOMEONE ELES HE TOLD US TO LAY HER ON THE STEPS. WE DID, HE KEPP PRAYING FOR OTHER PEOPLE THAT WAS SICK. A MAN CAME UP FOR PRAYER, AND AS BRO TERRELL WAS PRAYING FOR THE MAND GOD BROKE EVERY EVIL SPIRIT AND THE DEVIL LEFT THAT MAN, AS THE DEVIL WAS LEAVING THIS MAN, THE DEAD WOMAN CAME ALIVE, LET ME TELL U SOMETHING, IF THAT DON'T MAKE U A BELIVER THEN NOTHING WILL. AND AS FOR AS THE JAIL STUFF U R TALKING ABOUT, THAT WAS A SET UP, AND THERE'S NEWS AND COURT PAPERS ON THAT TO. IF U WANT TO POST SOMETHING ABOUT THIS MAN OF GOD U NEED TO FINE THE TRUTH BEFORE U START POSTING S DEATH SENTANCE AGAINST UR SELF. U CALL BRO TERELL A FALSE MAN. THAT HE'S NOT REAL. LIKE THE BIBLE SAYS TOUCH NOT MY PROPHETS. WELL WHEN U SPEAK LIKE U DO AGAINST THIS MAN OR AGAINST THE WORD HE PREACHES THEN U SPEAK AGAINST GOD. AND THATS THE NUMBER ONE THING U DON'T DO. REPENT BEFORE SOMETHING BAD HAPPENS. ASK GOD TO FORGIVE U. DON'T LET UR SOUL GO TO HELL JUST BECAUSE U DON'T KNOW NO BETTER. DON'T BE STUPID. AND AS FAR AS BRO BARRON, U REALLY NEED TO HAVE MORE RESPECT FOR THE DEAD. GOD HAVE MERCY ON UR SOUL. WE WILL BE PRAYING FOR U THAT U MAKE THINGS RIGHT. ...... IF U WERE TO SEE ALL THE MIRACLES THAT I HAVE U WOULD BE SAYING GOOD STUFF, NOT EVIL. I'VE SEEN THE DEAD RAISED, THE BLIND SEE, THE LAM WALK, THE DEAF HEAR, THE DUM TALK. PEOPLE THE DOCTORS SAID WAS BE DEAD WITH WEEKS , HERE 12 YEARS LATER STILL ALIVE. GOD RAISED ME AND MY UNBORN DAUGHTER, BROUGHT US BACK. NOW HERE 22 YEARS LATER, MY DAUGHTER HAS A DAUGHTER. MY SON THE DOCOTRS SAID HE WASN'T GOING TO MAKE IT, BUT THE LORD HAD SPOKE 2 DAYS BEFORE MY SON WAS BORN THAT THE TRAIL OF MY FAITH WAS GETTING READY TO BE TESTED. WELL 2 DAYS LATER, OH YES, MY FAITH WAS TESTED, BUT I DID NOT GIVE UP. MY SON IS NOW GETTING READY TO TURN 19 YEARS OLD. MY CHILDREN WERE RAISED UNDER THIS WORD OF JUESU CHRIST THROUGHT BRO TERRELL AND MY GRANDBABIES IWLL BE ALSO. NOTHING NOR NO ONE CAN CHANGE THAT. GOD IS REAL AND SO IS BRO TERRELL.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-29-2008, 10:32 AM
 
Location: NY
188 posts, read 480,491 times
Reputation: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCG1968 View Post
U JUST WAIT AND SEE. U ALL THINK U KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT BRO DAVID TERRELL. U KNOW NOTHING. THIS MAN IS MORE REAL THAN THEN THE WEATHER. THE WEATHER U CAN'T DEPAND ON. BUT THE WORDS THAT COME OUT OF THIS MANS MOUTH IS REAL. U CAN DEPAND ON IT. LET ME TELL U SOMETHING, IN MACON GA 3 WEEKS AGO, THERE WAS A TENT REVIVAL, WITH BRO TERRELL. BEFORE HE LEFT THAT MEETING THE WORD OF THE LORD SPOKEN THROUGH THIS MAN. WARNING THE PEOPLE THAT BEFORE THE TRACKS OF THIS MAN WERE COLD MACON WOULD BE DESTORIED. INCAUSE U PEOPLE DON'T GET THE NEWS FROM GEORGIA, GET ON THE INTERNET AND CHECK IT OUT. NOT EVEN 24 HOURS AFTER BRO TERRELL LEFT MACON A STORM CAME THROUGH AND TOUR MACON GA UP. LOOK AT ATLANTA GA, NEVER HAS ATLANTA BEEN TOUR UP LIKE IT HAS BEEN THIS YEAR. JUST WATCH, GOD GETTING READY TO TEAR UP GAINESVILLE GA, GREENVILLE, SC JUST WAIT. GOD IS GETTING TIRED OF PEOPLE CALLING HIS PROPHET FALSE, PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO SERVE GOD, LIVE RIGHT, WATCH AND SEE. THE WORD OF THE LORD SPOKE THOUGH BRO TERRELL ABOUT THESE STORMS. SO U JUST WATCH THE NEWS AND SEE FOR UR SELF. U KNOW I CAME INTO THIS MINSTERY IN 1980. AND I SEEN THINGS, AND YES AT FIRST I THOUGHT THIS ISN'T REAL. BUT U KNOW IN BELLGLADE FLA, THE LORD SPOKE ABOUT THE AIDS. THAT SOMETHING DEADLY WAS GOING TO HIT THE GAYS AND THOSE HAVING SEX WITH THE SAME SEX. IT WOULD BE CALLED AIDS. AND LOOK OUT WORLD, HERE IT IS. PEOPLE DIEING EVERYDAY WITH AIDS. IN THAT SAME MEETING A WOMEN WALKED UNDER THE TENT THERE IN FLA, DURNING THE SERVICE SHE DIED. BELIVE IT OR NOT SHE DIED. I WAS RIGHT THERE, I HAVE A COPY OF THE VIDEO. I EVEN HELPED CARRIE HER UP TO BRO TERRELL FOR HIM TO PRAY FOR HER, AS HE WAS PRAYING FOR SOMEONE ELES HE TOLD US TO LAY HER ON THE STEPS. WE DID, HE KEPP PRAYING FOR OTHER PEOPLE THAT WAS SICK. A MAN CAME UP FOR PRAYER, AND AS BRO TERRELL WAS PRAYING FOR THE MAND GOD BROKE EVERY EVIL SPIRIT AND THE DEVIL LEFT THAT MAN, AS THE DEVIL WAS LEAVING THIS MAN, THE DEAD WOMAN CAME ALIVE, LET ME TELL U SOMETHING, IF THAT DON'T MAKE U A BELIVER THEN NOTHING WILL. AND AS FOR AS THE JAIL STUFF U R TALKING ABOUT, THAT WAS A SET UP, AND THERE'S NEWS AND COURT PAPERS ON THAT TO. IF U WANT TO POST SOMETHING ABOUT THIS MAN OF GOD U NEED TO FINE THE TRUTH BEFORE U START POSTING S DEATH SENTANCE AGAINST UR SELF. U CALL BRO TERELL A FALSE MAN. THAT HE'S NOT REAL. LIKE THE BIBLE SAYS TOUCH NOT MY PROPHETS. WELL WHEN U SPEAK LIKE U DO AGAINST THIS MAN OR AGAINST THE WORD HE PREACHES THEN U SPEAK AGAINST GOD. AND THATS THE NUMBER ONE THING U DON'T DO. REPENT BEFORE SOMETHING BAD HAPPENS. ASK GOD TO FORGIVE U. DON'T LET UR SOUL GO TO HELL JUST BECAUSE U DON'T KNOW NO BETTER. DON'T BE STUPID. AND AS FAR AS BRO BARRON, U REALLY NEED TO HAVE MORE RESPECT FOR THE DEAD. GOD HAVE MERCY ON UR SOUL. WE WILL BE PRAYING FOR U THAT U MAKE THINGS RIGHT. ...... IF U WERE TO SEE ALL THE MIRACLES THAT I HAVE U WOULD BE SAYING GOOD STUFF, NOT EVIL. I'VE SEEN THE DEAD RAISED, THE BLIND SEE, THE LAM WALK, THE DEAF HEAR, THE DUM TALK. PEOPLE THE DOCTORS SAID WAS BE DEAD WITH WEEKS , HERE 12 YEARS LATER STILL ALIVE. GOD RAISED ME AND MY UNBORN DAUGHTER, BROUGHT US BACK. NOW HERE 22 YEARS LATER, MY DAUGHTER HAS A DAUGHTER. MY SON THE DOCOTRS SAID HE WASN'T GOING TO MAKE IT, BUT THE LORD HAD SPOKE 2 DAYS BEFORE MY SON WAS BORN THAT THE TRAIL OF MY FAITH WAS GETTING READY TO BE TESTED. WELL 2 DAYS LATER, OH YES, MY FAITH WAS TESTED, BUT I DID NOT GIVE UP. MY SON IS NOW GETTING READY TO TURN 19 YEARS OLD. MY CHILDREN WERE RAISED UNDER THIS WORD OF JUESU CHRIST THROUGHT BRO TERRELL AND MY GRANDBABIES IWLL BE ALSO. NOTHING NOR NO ONE CAN CHANGE THAT. GOD IS REAL AND SO IS BRO TERRELL.
It is quite interesting to read your post. I don't know this 'brother' that you all are talking about, but as an outsider, might I point out a few things? First of all, for one to predict destruction to an area, and then see a storm 24 hours later, does not mean they are a prophet of God.... anything could have happened in the area and his 'prediction' would have come true. Oh, and one more point: Perhaps he watched the weather channel and saw the storm coming?

As far as the woman who died and was 'raised', was there an ambulance that provided a paramedic there who pronounced the woman dead? I have a hard time picturing this event, and think to myself, 'ok, let's visualize it: the woman supposedly dies, and let's say a paramedic IS there and pronounces her dead... who in the wprld would wait there for her to be pronounced dead, and THEN pick her up, lay her on a stair, watch a preacher pray for other people and leave the dead woman lying there, and THEN all the sudden the woman gets up and walks away.....???????????????????????" Ok, I imagined it, and I apologize but I'm not buying it very easily. Especially the part where someone dies and everyone else just walks past her while she's laying on the steps and asks for prayers for themselves. Sounds 100% staged.

As far as your son, I would never disrespect your son's life, but this has absolutely nothing to do with the man (prophet) you are speaking about; I'd attribute it to God and let it have nothing to do with this person, because it really has nothing to do with him at all.

As far as other statements you made, I prefer to just leave you to your beliefs, but you are telling people to repent and that you will pray for their souls, just because someone pointed out that this person was convicted of fraud. Seriously, watch with caution that you are not the one incorrect here. Again, I dont know the person, but I would venture to say you are talking a bit too much authority in trying to convince others that he is a 100% true prophet. You do not know God's opinion on this, so if he really ISN'T a prophet of the Lord, then you are leading people astray by trying to make them believe that he IS a prophet of the Lord just because you have such opinion. Be very careful what you believe to be true when one professes to be a prophet of God, and be very careful that you do not begin to 'make idols out of men'. You already said that you are raising your children 'under the Word of Jesus through brother Terrell'. I do not want to sound offensive, but it almost seems as though you, in some way, are allowing yourself to become so smitten with the 'works' of this man, that you are already planning on passing off your beliefs on your grandchildren of almost idoliizing this man. What if you're wrong?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 06-26-2008, 02:07 PM
 
Location: Kansas
8 posts, read 29,269 times
Reputation: 13
I have always thought it funny that some how the five fold ministry became the 3 fold ministry ie.. Pastor, teacher, and evangelist. Also when pastors say "I am a pastor", there is no problem but, when a prophet say's he's a prophet all of a sudden there is controversy. Just a thought from a new testament prophet of the most high God!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 06-26-2008, 03:00 PM
 
Location: USA
322 posts, read 690,948 times
Reputation: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltoftheearth View Post
I have always thought it funny that some how the five fold ministry became the 3 fold ministry ie.. Pastor, teacher, and evangelist. Also when pastors say "I am a pastor", there is no problem but, when a prophet say's he's a prophet all of a sudden there is controversy. Just a thought from a new testament prophet of the most high God!
Today many theologians believe that because we have the completed canon, there is no need for prophets. If the Church at large fully understood the completed canon, and there were a united Church, then perhaps the need for prophets would not be as great as it is today. But clearly, the church today needs lots of help. We all do.

So if you have a prophesy that does not conflict with the scriptures and would like to share it, please do.

All true Christians have an awesome anointing because we have been ressurected with JESUS and now live in the Life of the SPIRIT, Who has joined us in oneness with GOD, Who has given us adoption as His very own Children. We have been crucified with CHRIST, buried with CHRIST, and raised with CHRIST by the same SPIRIT Who raised JESUS from the dead. JESUS taught that the least in the kingdom of GOD is greater than all the old testament prophets. So I have no problem at all with miraculas events, or the concept of prophesying, as long as it is genuine, of course.

Wether or not "brother Terrill" is a prophet, I don't know. Maybe one day I'll get around to investigating that ministry.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 06-26-2008, 08:58 PM
 
Location: Kansas
8 posts, read 29,269 times
Reputation: 13
Smile True prophets of God!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post
Today many theologians believe that because we have the completed canon, there is no need for prophets. If the Church at large fully understood the completed canon, and there were a united Church, then perhaps the need for prophets would not be as great as it is today. But clearly, the church today needs lots of help. We all do.

So if you have a prophesy that does not conflict with the scriptures and would like to share it, please do.

All true Christians have an awesome anointing because we have been ressurected with JESUS and now live in the Life of the SPIRIT, Who has joined us in oneness with GOD, Who has given us adoption as His very own Children. We have been crucified with CHRIST, buried with CHRIST, and raised with CHRIST by the same SPIRIT Who raised JESUS from the dead. JESUS taught that the least in the kingdom of GOD is greater than all the old testament prophets. So I have no problem at all with miraculas events, or the concept of prophesying, as long as it is genuine, of course.

Wether or not "brother Terrill" is a prophet, I don't know. Maybe one day I'll get around to investigating that ministry.
Yes the cannon is sealed. I think people think all prophets did was tell the future or prophesy destruction. The true ministry of a prophet is to correct false doctrine, stand in the gap for people through intercessory prayer, preach the gospel, and warn the people to turn away from sin. God sets prophets in the body of Christ as a watchman and gives them eyes to see what the enemy is doing afar off , then they can warn the people. unfortunately people rarely belive what the prophets say, in fact in the old testement they killed most of the prophets because they did not like what they wrer saying. I can tell you they still don't. What God want's to say to the peopleis not popular and it never will be. There are many false prophets in the land, they use God's word for filthy lucer and the bible say's there judgment is not far of f. oh! and Bro terrell is a man of God, however we have this treasure in earthen vessels.joedrsaved I will add you to my prayer list. If you have a need He not only will tell me but, He will anwser aswell. God speed!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 06-26-2008, 09:16 PM
 
Location: USA
322 posts, read 690,948 times
Reputation: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltoftheearth View Post
Yes the cannon is sealed. I think people think all prophets did was tell the future or prophesy destruction. The true ministry of a prophet is to correct false doctrine, stand in the gap for people through intercessory prayer, preach the gospel, and warn the people to turn away from sin. God sets prophets in the body of Christ as a watchman and gives them eyes to see what the enemy is doing afar off , then they can warn the people. unfortunately people rarely belive what the prophets say, in fact in the old testement they killed most of the prophets because they did not like what they wrer saying. I can tell you they still don't. What God want's to say to the peopleis not popular and it never will be. There are many false prophets in the land, they use God's word for filthy lucer and the bible say's there judgment is not far of f. oh! and Bro terrell is a man of God, however we have this treasure in earthen vessels.joedrsaved I will add you to my prayer list. If you have a need He not only will tell me but, He will anwser aswell. God speed!
Thankyou brother! I would throw down all the worlds wealth for the prayer of one righteous saint which avails much! Best wishes!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 06-30-2008, 02:16 PM
 
1 posts, read 8,322 times
Reputation: 10
Default bro.hamby

Bro.Hamby is from Ft.Payne Alabama and pastors a church there. He has a very nice congretation. My family use to be members of his church before we moved. And I also believe that Bro.David Terrel is a prophet of God. Back in the 60's or 70's he prophesied that gas would go up to 5.00s a gallon and look it is nearly 5$ a gallon now
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-09-2008, 01:48 AM
 
1 posts, read 8,130 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by REFORMED View Post
It is quite interesting to read your post. I don't know this 'brother' that you all are talking about, but as an outsider, might I point out a few things? First of all, for one to predict destruction to an area, and then see a storm 24 hours later, does not mean they are a prophet of God.... anything could have happened in the area and his 'prediction' would have come true. Oh, and one more point: Perhaps he watched the weather channel and saw the storm coming?

As far as the woman who died and was 'raised', was there an ambulance that provided a paramedic there who pronounced the woman dead? I have a hard time picturing this event, and think to myself, 'ok, let's visualize it: the woman supposedly dies, and let's say a paramedic IS there and pronounces her dead... who in the wprld would wait there for her to be pronounced dead, and THEN pick her up, lay her on a stair, watch a preacher pray for other people and leave the dead woman lying there, and THEN all the sudden the woman gets up and walks away.....???????????????????????" Ok, I imagined it, and I apologize but I'm not buying it very easily. Especially the part where someone dies and everyone else just walks past her while she's laying on the steps and asks for prayers for themselves. Sounds 100% staged.

As far as your son, I would never disrespect your son's life, but this has absolutely nothing to do with the man (prophet) you are speaking about; I'd attribute it to God and let it have nothing to do with this person, because it really has nothing to do with him at all.

As far as other statements you made, I prefer to just leave you to your beliefs, but you are telling people to repent and that you will pray for their souls, just because someone pointed out that this person was convicted of fraud. Seriously, watch with caution that you are not the one incorrect here. Again, I dont know the person, but I would venture to say you are talking a bit too much authority in trying to convince others that he is a 100% true prophet. You do not know God's opinion on this, so if he really ISN'T a prophet of the Lord, then you are leading people astray by trying to make them believe that he IS a prophet of the Lord just because you have such opinion. Be very careful what you believe to be true when one professes to be a prophet of God, and be very careful that you do not begin to 'make idols out of men'. You already said that you are raising your children 'under the Word of Jesus through brother Terrell'. I do not want to sound offensive, but it almost seems as though you, in some way, are allowing yourself to become so smitten with the 'works' of this man, that you are already planning on passing off your beliefs on your grandchildren of almost idoliizing this man. What if you're wrong?

It has been my experience that anyone who puts so much emphasis on a human being, rather than the Lord, is already making a huge mistake. I remember Terrell. My grandmother listened to him, and her life fell apart. I remember his meetings in Bangs, Tx. They were horrible, and it surprises me not at all that he was convicted of a crime. Now, perhaps he has repented, and turned his life around, and is now on fire for the Lord. Maybe. But the Scots have a saying:"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." If he is truly now a man of God, and preaches the Word of God, I say the Lord be praised for turning him around. But I'll have nothing to do with him, and I'll never again ( Lord willing) be part of any church that idolizes a human being.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-07-2008, 11:32 AM
 
4,047 posts, read 4,745,541 times
Reputation: 1327
Quote:
Originally Posted by jehovah_is_the_rock View Post
Bro.Hamby is from Ft.Payne Alabama and pastors a church there. He has a very nice congretation. My family use to be members of his church before we moved. And I also believe that Bro.David Terrel is a prophet of God. Back in the 60's or 70's he prophesied that gas would go up to 5.00s a gallon and look it is nearly 5$ a gallon now
Prices go up perpetually because of inflation. This is no great prophecy, just a little knowledge in economics. Besides, the gas only got to about $4.20, and now it is at $2.30 in my area. Although if we continue to use gas it will go up indefinitely, because of inflation.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top