Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 07:16 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,321,979 times

Advertisements

Bachelor's Grove Cemetery. I heard about this place on TV last year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 09:08 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,478,979 times
I've been on the tour of the Queen Mary, nothing happened, but it was nice to do anyway.

I scare too easily to "want" to go anyplace haunted. I think The Haunted Mansion at Disneyland is about my speed as far as that goes.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:17 PM

884 posts, read 1,171,973 times
The Queen Mary to me is just a neat place to explore. There is so much history there, and the ship itself is so elegant. It's a throwback to old times. I also recommend the Dark Harbor in October, they do a great job with the mazes

I've always wanted to go here, and I lived near it for most of my life, so I really have no excuse:

A brief history of Eloise

Old 10-31-2012, 01:30 AM

1 posts, read 1,522 times
Hello everyone !! I just signed up on this forum and I am new.
I live in Greenville,SC and was wanting to know if anyone lived closed that might know of some real haunted houses ? Just a few hours away from Halloween. If anyone might know of any please let me know. Thanks so much and Happy Halloween everyone ! ;.)

Old 11-06-2012, 12:34 PM

1,566 posts, read 2,159,288 times
Welcome to C-D Kimmygirl89!

For me:

-Myrtles tops my list. Has anyone read Frances Keerman's book on her experiences while owning it? She is a great lady, I have talked with her before.

-Waverly Hills Sanitarioum

- Eastern State Penitentiary

- Dartford Cemetary in Green lake, Wisconsin

- Borley Rectory in London

- Highgate Cemetary in London

-St. Louis Cemetary in Louisiana

- Lemp Mansion in St. Louis, Missouri

- Lizzie Borden house in Fall River, Mass.

I've been to Winchester Mystery House and Queen Mary. Neither felt particularly haunted to me.

Last edited by GoldyViolet; 11-06-2012 at 12:34 PM.. Reason: word fix

Old 11-07-2012, 07:35 AM

884 posts, read 1,171,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldyViolet View Post
I've been to Winchester Mystery House and Queen Mary. Neither felt particularly haunted to me.
I have to agree. The Queen Mary feels more old timey and classy rather than haunted, like I'm stepping into the past. and the Winchester Mystery House was really cool to tour (my BF and I did both the regular tour and the behind the scenes tour, plus we looked at all the old guns and the tools used to build the house). It was just neat to see it in person. The door that opens to a 8' (or 10'?) drop, walls upon walls, windows upon windows, one bathroom in the whole house...but again it was more like "wow, Sarah was really off her rocker!" than "OMG HAUNTED". I bet it's really cool all decked out for Halloween though!

Old 11-07-2012, 10:12 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,738 times
The Stanley Hotel!

Old 11-07-2012, 12:10 PM

1,566 posts, read 2,159,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy carrie View Post
I have to agree. The Queen Mary feels more old timey and classy rather than haunted, like I'm stepping into the past. and the Winchester Mystery House was really cool to tour (my BF and I did both the regular tour and the behind the scenes tour, plus we looked at all the old guns and the tools used to build the house). It was just neat to see it in person. The door that opens to a 8' (or 10'?) drop, walls upon walls, windows upon windows, one bathroom in the whole house...but again it was more like "wow, Sarah was really off her rocker!" than "OMG HAUNTED". I bet it's really cool all decked out for Halloween though!
Exactly, I agree on both! This past Halloween weekend I did go by the Winchester House as I went to see a movie that was playing next door at the movie theaters. It was really cool, definitely decked out for Halloween. Next year I think I will check out the Fright Night that they put on every year.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:38 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,125,351 times
You are wrong about the Queen Mary, I assure you.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:25 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
I'd like to go on the Queen Mary since my father was on it during WWII. But I'd like go to Normandy Beach since it SHOULD be a very haunted location. You never hear any stories about it being haunted, though. But the ghosts, if any, would be a distant second consideration to the history of the place and the brave men who fought and died there and those who earned Americas place as the home of the free and the brave.
Supposedly Gettysburg is haunted although many of the stories are a little far fetched. I kind of lean towards it being more hype for the tourists and re enactors with imaginations that get carried away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal