U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 11:16 AM

16,108 posts, read 21,799,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
What a frustrating mess. Sounds like something is going on. However, you have to consider all explainable and logical aspects first before going straight to a haunting.
But I certinally would also do a smudge ASAP.
Perhaps the parts of the house that are breaking (sprinklers & heater) were something that the people did not use very much or just never maintained. Thus a new user with a new way of using them will cause things that have been holding on to give way and break.
The TV thing is strange, but I have pets and they often change the channel by stepping on the remote. I have also heard stories of other people's electronic radio signal devices changing channels. I've worked in the radio wave field and 'cross over' is possible but rare. If some sort of interference happens regularly, then someone close by has something that is using the exact same frequency channel.
Ask a local priest to come bless your home. Especially since this suspected man was Catholic. He'll go away, or quit. Put some crosses up, or a rosary.
You might also have your wiring checked, just in case. Good luck on this.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 10:06 AM

803 posts, read 1,746,445 times
i ve been living here almost a year, and there was a family who lived here before for 12 yrs and the family that lived here before was here for 12 yrs too. come to think of it, when we first moved here my dog would always escape the house. i figured it was because of a new surrounding. but maybe my dog felt unsettled who knows.

we have heard sounds coming from upstairs that sounded like footsteps, very early in the morning. when asking her if her grandfather woke early she said yes, asked how i knew and i said well we heard footsteps and thought it was the house settling at first but after evrthing else going on, we figured it was footsteps. i cant belive i didnt mention that her grandfather didnt live in this house at all. he just really loved it and helped her get the house.

can boiling sage tea leaves work to get rid of negative energy? the smudge is extremely smoky.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:02 AM

3,751 posts, read 6,760,576 times
Smoke is part of dealing with the spirit realm. The sage smudge is to be taken into every room, not sure how you will do that with boiling sage.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:16 AM

803 posts, read 1,746,445 times
i was thinking of the steamy smoky from the boiling sage tea. i may have a priest come to bless the home. thnx guys!

Old 10-25-2014, 07:32 PM

1 posts, read 581 times
Just wondering, I have a 1927 home. I'm fixing it up before my toddler and I move in. I looked for a home forever and fell in love at first sight with this home. So I rip up carpet from 1989, and the vacuum goes out. I unplug it and try another outlet, many outlets the lamps on, ok vacuum broke. Rip up more carpet vacuum comes back on, yay. Must be an electrical surge old house whatever, and it turns off again. So I get all my carpet out and start painting. I feel out of no where like I'm being watched. I'm tripping whatever but I say "I'm painting this place good as new and it'll look nice" just in case a ghost was checking on my progress lol... and I almost feel it stop watching me and go downstairs, weird. The guy who's finishing my floors wants to go downstairs to plug in the sander and something pinched, touched my arm while I was holding the rail down the basement steps, I was like "hey! " and the guy looked at me and I tried to play it off. Had electrician come by and everything was updated and working great. Wtf How? I only had this place 5 days and 2 lights blew out, lights constantly turn on and off, vacuum broke, pretty sure I was touched, felt "checked out", cold spots, dog freaks, and my son got sick day 1of being there and went to the hospital. He's a 3 year old happy boy and when I packed up to leave he scared me, he said "mommy people never die, they just stay home". What did I buy?

Old 10-27-2014, 12:11 AM

17,833 posts, read 8,110,646 times
Stephanie---It could well be the spirit of a previous owner.

Just to be sure, find a reputable medium in your area. Have him/her come to your house. S/he will be able to pick up just who is there and why. Also, they could sage the house.

In the meantime, go to a new age store and ask if they have sage spray. I got some after having a reading and being told by the psychic that if I ever sense bad energy in the house to spray each room. Try doing that. If it doesn't help, then find a reputable medium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal