Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 08:36 PM

803 posts, read 1,879,237 times

Advertisements

ok, what a day i had!! now im asking this question because maybe i read it somewhere or heard it on a tv show but is it true when u have alot of things break in your house, especially appliances that there is some sort of negative spiritual energy??

i bought my house last november, and i started noticing weird stuff happening. i once even thought i saw an elderly man in the backyard, but when i looked again, noone was there. i would take a picture in the house and the picture would have a bluish tint to it and there was no blue light anywhere. if i or my husband left the room and had the tv on, he or i would come back to the room and see that a religeous channel was on. one time i saw nuns praying on tv, another time a catholic priest.

i spoke with the family who lived here before, just about 2-3 weeks after moving in. they live a few houses down the street now and i told the woman about the man i thought i saw in the backyard and she said that it reminded her of her grandfather. that man loved the house and helped her purchase it yrs ago. i asked her if his fave color was blue and she looked at me confusingly and said "why yes it was" she asked me how i knew and i said that pictures come up blue in my house. i never told her about how things were breaking because nothing had really started to break yet... but i asked her if her grandfather was religeous and again the strange look and said yes he was, i said was he catholic? she said yes. i said ok. and i told her about the tv seeming to change channels on its own to a specific channel..a catholic religeous channel. she just had a frozen sorta shocked look on her face.

now, i noticed me and my husband fight more, alot more since moving in. alot of digital gadgets, like cameras, phones, or hand held video games would freeze and not work. also, appliances keep breaking. i get them fixed but they keep on breaking. im hesitant to ring the previous owners bell and ask her if she too had this problem but she seriously hasnt spoken to me since that initial conversation i had with her. she prob thinks im nuts or something!! or mayb she knows something and doesnt want to say.

im posting all this because of what happnd 2day.. first, my sprinkler system broke. ok. then the furnace broke too. ok. my dryer isnt working now either. then i go to vacuum and the vacuum breaks. ok. i went to go run some errands and my car ac/heat would not blow out any air. i took my car to the mechanic and the mechanic found it odd i was having trouble. he told me that the ac and heater was working fine and there was nothing wrong. i didnt believe him!! i said i have to see this.. and he puts it on for me and there it was..workin fine.

i was able to fix my sprinkler system and furnace. everything else is still broken.

could there be a negative force of energy in my home?

if so , what should i do burn sage or something?

Last edited by Mandy612; 11-09-2012 at 08:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 09:06 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,671,533 times
Sorry- dumb smartphone- cant delete posts...

Last edited by OwlKaMyst; 11-10-2012 at 09:20 AM..

Old 11-10-2012, 09:08 AM

Oops let me try again

Old 11-10-2012, 09:18 AM

What a frustrating mess. Sounds like something is going on. However, you have to consider all explainable and logical aspects first before going straight to a haunting.
But I certinally would also do a smudge ASAP.
Perhaps the parts of the house that are breaking (sprinklers & heater) were something that the people did not use very much or just never maintained. Thus a new user with a new way of using them will cause things that have been holding on to give way and break.
The TV thing is strange, but I have pets and they often change the channel by stepping on the remote. I have also heard stories of other people's electronic radio signal devices changing channels. I've worked in the radio wave field and 'cross over' is possible but rare. If some sort of interference happens regularly, then someone close by has something that is using the exact same frequency channel.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:54 AM

i think im going to need to then. i have considered the possible scenarios, but previous owners had sprinklers installed and gave me the instructions on how to use it and everything,. it worked fine all summer.

the tv i cant explain. the remote control was on a shelf away from dogs and children.

the dryer is a little old but still, alot of things broke yesterday. the fights with my husband got to a point where we are temporarily seperated. the car thing was weird/

im going to look into burning sage. what r some other things that can get rid of bad energy or bad spirits in a house?

thanks!

Old 11-11-2012, 10:06 AM

25,713 posts, read 18,788,778 times
What a horrible experience. One thing is for sure, if it is some sort of ghost or spirit... he/she sure doesn't like you much.

You might want to have a spiritualist or paranormal investigator to look into it.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:03 AM

24 posts, read 53,681 times
It may well be activity. But again it may just be sheer coincidence, The TV this hapens in my house, I could not for the life of me work out why it would change to discovery constantly then i discovered it was the neighbours, there remote worked on the same frquency and sometimes, occasionally it would somehow work my TV. They must have super powered batteries as they are 2 doors away. I only found out as i went round to help the woman with her washer seen her hubby come in and turn discovery on, went home and hey presto mine was on discovery.

The breaking, can be a electrical fault that the mains is powering out too much causing things to blow. This again hapened but too my mum for months then when the landlord came round one day for a routine check it was discovered since it was fixed and all the fuses re-done its not happened.

The other things i cant fully say what it may be, as i have not experianced them exactly .... But i will say if you cant find a explanation for this, it may be a spirit trying to communicate. In my old house we had the same almost except more noises, smells, kids were afraid and seen and heard a man, things moving, breaking was very bad.
We discovered ONE of the spirits was a neighbours dad who had died in the house. when she came in, spoke to him, and cleared u issues that had been left the things like the smells, the man being seen etc more or less stopped. BUT there was another 'thing ' in there i say thing as it sure as heck wern't human spirited. It was nasty. Used to do awful things and you would smell rotting death was awful. We left, and the house is still empty no one has stayed more than a few months..... I do not in any way thing you have anything nasty.

But my point is, if your neighbour lived there and moved, maybe the man is a bit lost or worried and maybe does not fully understand where she has gone. May be he is doing these things to get your attention, try talking out loud to him, tell him you live there know etc etc then maybe smudging.

But lets hope its just all coincidences. And after the day you had it calms down. Try not to worry or think in to it too much, try what i said and see how it happens, May be a idea to find out from other neighbours about who/when lived there and his name etc if you dont feel comfertable talking to her, as if he was a strong catholic he may appreciate a blessing to help him move on.
Take care and good luck x

Old 11-11-2012, 07:59 PM

dollywally,
thats funny that u mentioned smells. when i first moved in, i would smell a very distinct odor of cigar smoke in the screened in porch and the house smelled of frankinscense. when i first moved in, i said oh perhaps whoever lived here was catholic or something and shrugged it off. when i asked the previous owner, she said she didnt burn any frankincense. that was right after i asked her about her grandpa being religeous. then i went into the channel thing.

i also told her that i smelled cigar smoke, the smell comes and goes and she said oh goodness. i said y and she said her grandfather was very close to his dad and his dad smoked cigars all the time. she was just very silent and sorta almost frozen in front of me. it was a bit awkward to say the least and like i said that was the last time i spoke to her.

chrisc, maybe ill get an investigator if things like this keep happening!

all i know is that i heard when u live in a house where things break and relationships in the house change for the worse, that it can be due to a spirit and/or bad energy.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:51 PM

652 posts, read 873,884 times
You definitely are having spiritual encounters at your home.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:06 AM

24 posts, read 53,681 times
Yes in our old house my children were un-settled, dog used to freak out, my mums dog would come no where near the house would shake as they drove up the street , and my eldests sons behaviour was so eratic. plus myself and hubby would argue and get annoyed at one another ... here withen days things were the opposite! So i do think that can happen .... how long did u say u have lived there? and who/how many have before?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal