Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 11:07 AM

24,490 posts, read 17,232,699 times

Advertisements

Ok BigFoot is it real or not?
This morning my wife turned on the news and the History channel was still selected from the night before and there was an interesting show about Neanderthal man on there. Back in 1859 I think it was workers found 40,000 year old bones to what would eventually be classified as a Neanderthal.
OK 40,000 year old bones Found! in fact bones of prehumans over 2,000,000 years old have been found so why nothing from Bigfoot in these modern times where more and more people are pressing into the woods? I know some of you, my wife included will say "they don't find bones BECAUSE THEY DON'T EXIST" But if they don't exist how can you explain so many Native American legends and how do you explain all the sightings had by people on TV shows.
What did these people see that scared the crap out of them? If it was a hoax the guy who dresses up in the suit has to be pretty dumb because alot of people with a gun handy would shoot first then ask questions.
How many of you believe there is something out there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 02:47 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Go camping in Eastern Oklahoma for awhile. You will definitely believe something is out there. Sit in camp at night with no fire, you need to get your night vision to it's highest level. All kinds of scents will draw one in to check you out. You will be very lucky to actually see one(you may see part of it). When and if one comes around and start stomping the brush throwing rocks at you or making all kinds of weird noises then you will be rethinking the whole subject. Don't take people that will freak out on you. Leave the little kids at home. Keep a close eye on any kid at all.
Running around shooting guns and having a bunch of guys sitting around the camp is the quickest way to not have an experience.Most action starts after midnight and the most is the two hours or so before day light.
The Creeks:Remember they always follow the creeks. Ignore at least 99% of the shows you see about Bigfoot.
In the event that you see one standing there looking at you and not that far away and it is swaying from side to side then immediately turn and look behind you because that one in front is just getting you to watch him so another one can sneak closer to take a look at you.
Great sport for those not weak of spirit.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:33 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times
My experience with Bigfoot is in another discussion here...no need to tell it again.
But I think it's quite probable with all the things that we do have, we just don't have enough for solid proof.
There are a few theories as to why no bones.
As for man taming more of the wilderness, it may seem that way to those accustomed to living in cities and heading to a state park or campground for the 'wild & nature' experience.
However, there are parts of wilderness that, while man may own it, he has never seen it or walked it. I lived on a 1,200 acre piece in Northern California. It had some rolling hills and meadows for the cattle, but there were parts inbetween that was way rugged, steep and heavily wooded. No body went there. When standing at the top of a ridge along side the dirt road, one can see the valley that runs north and south for miles. From that vantage point, there is only one other house visible. Other than that, it is wild country. Anything or anyone could live out there and never -be seen- by another human if that's what they wanted.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:11 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
You read the passages in the bible about fallen angles mating with human women and producing giants and monsters who were exiled to the wastes. The Nephilim. Maybe bigfoots are their descendants or they're nearly immortal. They'd likely be at least as intelligent as humans and possibly have supernatural powers. So it wouldn't be hard for them to conceal their presence.
I'm no big believer in bigfoot, but anything is possible.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:04 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,500,153 times
I`ve heard where trackers would go up high into the mountains where a bigfoot has been supposedly heard or seen and they would set up motion cameras with night vision. They would come back a week later and review the film....nothing. They would see deer, bears, all types of woodland creatures but no bigfoot. With all the people out there searching for them and nothing on camera, I find it hard to believe. If we can take pictures on Mars and the hubble telescope can send pictures back of other galaxies, then thousands of people tracking bigfoot all over the world for decades should have pictures by now.

Old 11-21-2012, 07:40 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
I`ve heard where trackers would go up high into the mountains where a bigfoot has been supposedly heard or seen and they would set up motion cameras with night vision. They would come back a week later and review the film....nothing. They would see deer, bears, all types of woodland creatures but no bigfoot. With all the people out there searching for them and nothing on camera, I find it hard to believe. If we can take pictures on Mars and the hubble telescope can send pictures back of other galaxies, then thousands of people tracking bigfoot all over the world for decades should have pictures by now.
You are just on the edge. There are pictures that exist. Why would anyone want to share them with strangers? There are many people that make fun of people that are in the know about these creatures.
Read the forums about these critters and then get out a bit and put yourself in good areas and meet a few people and you will be amazed at what you will get to see or experience. When you have an experience then you will be either intrigued or scared half to death. When you see something happen by something on two legs that is not human then you think WOW! THERE ARE QUITE A FEW MORE OF THESE CREATURES IN THE SOUTH,MID SOUTH AND MIDDLE WEST THAN A PERSON CAN EVER IMAGINE (darn caps sorry).

Old 11-21-2012, 01:45 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,500,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
You are just on the edge. There are pictures that exist. Why would anyone want to share them with strangers?
Why would anyone want to share pictures? Really? Why do we share pictures of other animals that have been discovered? Why do we share pictures of outer space? Why do we share pictures of newly discovered sea creatures? Why do we share new inventions or knowledge of any sort? Sorry, but until all of these people show proof that something exist, how can we believe it? I`m not making fun of anyone. But if there are people being made fun of for believing in bigfoot, then all they have to do is show proof and the skepticism would stop. It`s easy for anyone to claim something is true but never show any proof. We could all claim we saw a variety of things and then get an attitude when noone believes us. So let`s just believe whatever anyone says. I`m not saying it can`t be true. I`m just saying I`m skeptical because of all the people that claim they have seen something, they haven`t shown any proof!

Old 11-21-2012, 08:52 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times
I find it very odd that with all the gun owners, hunters, and people who like to shoot in this country, that no one has bagged on yet. (I know it is illegal to hunt one in Washington)
Seriously...take the Fouke Monster legend from Arkansas. More or less proven as a hoax, but why , with all the hunters in Arkansas, had one never managed to bring a dead Bigfoot home to show everyone?

I seriously doubtthat there is any animal, terrestrial or aerial, that has not been shot by humans at least once at some point in time. I find it very strange that no one has ever killed one.......
And NO I am not suggesting it, or encouraging it, but humans spend plenty of time killing each other, and killing all other species too, so why not this one? (if it were there)

Old 11-22-2012, 10:14 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Seriously...take the Fouke Monster legend from Arkansas. More or less proven as a hoax,
??how so?

I grew up a couple hundred miles from Fouke. At that time, I'd never heard of the goings-on there.
However, I had cattle-ranching relatives and friends who lived along the Sulphur River (upstream from Fouke tributaries) and there were several 'creature' sightings and events in the mid 1960s, exactly - as I discovered years later - when the creature was temporarily awol from Fouke.

These were salt-of-the-earth, pragmatic, folks. At that time, none of them had ever heard of Bigfoot or Sasquatch. All they knew was that some huge, smelly, dark-haired, upright creature or creatures were terrorizing, and in a few cases, stealing their calves.

Old 11-22-2012, 10:16 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I find it very odd that with all the gun owners, hunters, and people who like to shoot in this country, that no one has bagged on yet. (I know it is illegal to hunt one in Washington)
Hard to prove a negative.
Have they ever bagged a black bear or a panther?
Does not bagging one suggest these don't occasionally roam the area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal