Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 07:38 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,806,250 times

Advertisements

I never put much stock in Edgar Cayce; I hear the word "Atlantis" and I usually roll my eyes.

...But I ran across this prophecy for WW3 that seems eerily accurate:

“…As is understood by many, in the earth manifestation and the cycle of time much repeats itself … There are still influences indicated in the lives of groups banded as nations, banded as peoples, still influenced by those happenings.
What then, ye ask, is the influence that makes for this great change that may be expected?
The powers of light and darkness, as then, as sixteen hundred (1600) years before. As in those periods, so today – we find nation against nation; the powers of death, destruction, the wrecking of that which has been and is held near and dear to the hearts of those who have through one form or another set ideals.
These are not to be questioned, in that as may be a helpful force; but what is coming to pass? And how may ye as individuals help? …
Strifes will arise through the period. Watch for them near Davis Strait in the attempts there for the keeping of the life line to a land open. Watch for them in Libya and in Egypt, in Ankara and in Syria, through the straits about those areas above Australia, in the Indian Ocean and the Persian Gulf.” Edgar Cayce reading (3976-26) April 28, 1941"

Seven Prophecies Yet to Come Edgar Cayce

Libya? Check.

Egypt? Check.

Ankara? that's the capital of Turkey... and rather than naming a country, Cayce names the capital. The Turkish government authorized cross-border military actions Syria in October!

...Syria of course is the next country on the list, nearing complete collapse from a brutal civil war. Today I read that Syria is supposedly preparing chemical weapons for use against it's own people.

The seemingly incompatible places like the Davis Strait strangely enough still fits into the equation. The Davis strait is next to Greenland and thanks to climate change the legendary Northwest Passage is now passable in the summer months. The Davis Strait is the "gateway" to the Northwest Passage. Canada has made opening of the passage difficult as it considers the waters of the Passage to be it's sovereign territory while the US and Europe insist it is international waters. Every year the passage becomes more clear of ice as the polar ice caps recede and it isn't too difficult to imagine strife developing over use of the passage in the near future... especially should a large war erupt.

... And the areas above Australia and the Indian Ocean? Indonesia is the largest Muslim country by population. It is highly unlikely that so many people there would sit idle while all-out war rages across birthplace of Islam.

The Persian gulf is a no-brainer; Iran has repeatedly threatened to shut down the strait of Hormuz if attacked and maintains a mutual defense pact with Syria.

It seems highly unlikely that somebody in the early 40's could guess so many pieces of the puzzle would fit into place like they seem to be doing today.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by Chango; 12-05-2012 at 08:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2012, 07:52 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,222,529 times
My only thought.......Cayce nailed it!

Personally, Syria is the country that bothers me. Any government who is willing to turn biological weapons against their own people is capable of turning them loose on others as well.

The level of depravity here is beyond my comprehension.

Old 12-06-2012, 08:08 AM

861 posts, read 1,249,266 times
Hitler started what became World War 2 on Sept 1, 1939. About a year and a half later, Cayce wrote the (now) quote. And a little over seven months later, the japanese bombed Pearl Harbor bringing the United States into the conflict and thus, WW2. The japanese had been at war with China for a few years prior to bombing Pearl Harbor. The middle East was heavily engulfed in the events leading to, and during WW2. Seems Cayce sould have been writing about then, or now. I'm non plussed.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:36 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,806,250 times
Of course this prophecy has the same problems and Nostradamus prophecies... They don't give a date, are fairly vague and can be interpreted to whatever happens in the future. Eventually, some series of events will match.

... but if you read in the paper tomorrow that Canada is blocking the Davis Strait, you know it's time to panic.

Old 12-06-2012, 07:18 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,612,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Of course this prophecy has the same problems and Nostradamus prophecies... They don't give a date, are fairly vague and can be interpreted to whatever happens in the future. Eventually, some series of events will match.

... but if you read in the paper tomorrow that Canada is blocking the Davis Strait, you know it's time to panic.

Cayce said in the 1940s that part of Atlantis would be discovered in 1967 or 68. That is when the underwater "road" was discovered near the Bahamas.

Old 02-10-2013, 05:51 AM

20 posts, read 37,944 times
absolutely correct,Cayce was an amazing "healer".He seemed to have knowledge of things,that there isn't anyway he could possibly have been "guessing".He was a very humble man,he often spoke of what a lowly vessel he was ,for such a gift.I encourage you to read;Human Origins,I'm not religious(unlike,Cayce)but,I felt deep down,I had heard the truth.I've always sought out philysophical views on religion,never felt that anyone, could convince me that theres validity in "lovely stories" written by,well,...the best story-tellers in the village.thet werent even actual "eye witnesses".The lost gospels,... what was that all about.I'm treading into a territory, I still havent come to what feels like a comfortable fit,but cayce has opened my mind to,Everything is possible,He has made me realize,INTERPITATION is key.Afterall,...God IS an E.T.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:56 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,377,476 times
Default I'm skeptical of Cayce

Cayce has no more credibility to me than the idea that a ring could show what mood a person is in.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:00 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,191,386 times
If one were to look back at history one finds nation against nation, religion against religion and man against man scenarios over and over and over and over and over....

It doesn't take a psychic or rocket scientist to devine what mankinds nature is and to predict these scenarios will occur again in the future...

Ankara? That's really stretching it...

Syria is supposedly preparing chemical weapons, the key word here is "supposedly" AKA "FUD" (back in December)

When it comes to psychics and conspiracy people why do we hear this well worn phrase regurgitated over and over?

"strangely enough still fits into the equation"

ANYTHING can be imagined today to fit into yesterdays psychics visions...

As far as the OP's statement:
Quote:
The Davis strait is next to Greenland and thanks to climate change the legendary Northwest Passage is now passable in the summer months.
The Northwest Passage has been navigated in the past:

Quote:
"Here is a photo of the St. Roch. It’s a wooden ship, not some massive, metallic icebreaker. According to the Vancouver Maritime Museum web site, this 104 foot wooden ship sailed through the Northwest Passage from 1940 to 1942, that was from west to east. In 1944 it did it again from from east to west...Once “global warming” is mentioned all critical faculties are shut down in the media. They don’t verify facts.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/nort...termediate.htm

Last edited by plwhit; 02-12-2013 at 06:19 PM..

Old 02-12-2013, 10:48 PM

455 posts, read 898,217 times
I agree with plwhit.
It's not very difficult to find a few events that fit a prediction if you look long enough. Any person who has a solid grasp of civilization, geography, cultural and scientific progress, and common sense, can look forward beyond their time and make assumptions. Many of those assumptions might be dead on. All you need is time and someone in the future reading those predictions and applying them to situations as they arise.

For instance, I can make a prediction that in the near future, we will find a cure for cancer. I have a 50/50 shot of being right. But because I know that we are well on our way, have a society that is definitely interested in doing this, and technology and understanding of the human body that is increasing at such a rate that it is, I can be even more confident about that prediction.
I can also expect believers of psychic or supernatural prediction to modify their definition of "near future" so that the event occurring fits with the prediction. Such an arbitrary and subjective term as "near" in relation to the total span of all possible time is absolutely ripe for modification.

I just mean to use this as a simplistic example of how easy it is for someone to get something right given the time, especially in a world like ours which is constantly changing and events are constantly happening.
It would be a statistical oddity for any reasonable prediction to not end up being right. As long as it's reasonable and not TOO specific, it has a great chance of happening at some point. Then, all it needs is for someone to interpret it not as a probability, but a paranormal foreshadowing. And that's where it gets its legitimacy.

Of course, I'm not making the argument that no such thing exists. I'm making the argument that it is far more likely to be a statistical probability.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:41 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,176 times
Casey was a vague reader. Here is a good example of a Jacques statement.
"If you are honest about it, you often get to wondering what
happened to all those dreams you had when you were younger;
all those wonderful ambitions you held dear, and plans which
once mattered to you. I suspect that deep down, there is a part
of you that sometimes wants to just scrap everything, get out
of the rut, and start over again - this time doing things your
way."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal