U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 10:23 AM

10,146 posts, read 11,236,638 times

Advertisements

Now that there's been a mass killing there, I can't help to think that this place will forever be haunted now. How can it not with all those who died & in a violent way, no less. They probably won't tear down the whole school, but will probably at least renovate the main classroom where the most people died.

What do you all think?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 10:48 AM

2,309 posts, read 3,967,741 times
Hauntings are much more pronounced where violence concerning death was the main component.
This school building undoubtedly will be haunted and will be notably more active during this time and as we move forward the activity will become lessened due to what many experts believe is simply the spirit(s) finding their way to where they need to go in order to complete what is needed to be completed.

Case in Point is the crash site of Flight 93 in Shanksville PA where many people had died a very violent and sudden death.
Shortly after the crash the site was sectioned off for the official investigation to take a private security company was hired from the local area to guard the main gates to the immediate area.
These guards had reported many instances of spirit activity in the weeks following the crash site.

You can read about some of their sightings here. Ghosts Haunting Flight 93 Crash Site?
Now there are really no reports of any activity whatsoever despite ongoing spirit investigations of the crash site.
The interviews of security guards that had reported these sightings was conducted by Linda Moulton Howe who is well connected with Art Bell and George Noory of Coast To Coast AM fame.

It is my opinion that the Sandy Hook School building will be leveled due to the obvious stigma attached to it.
Perhaps it wont. What I do believe strongly is that spirit activity is off scale at the moment in and around the property.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:36 PM

6,830 posts, read 20,251,851 times
Chances are that the school will not be torn down based upon the cost to replace.

More then likely it will be cleaned up (painted etc) and closed off for a few yrs untll a new generation of small children are born (possibly new families in the area).

It will be given a NEW name....life will go on.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:28 PM

10,146 posts, read 11,236,638 times
I heard on the news today that the school may never reopen. The current students will attend a nearby closed school.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:02 AM

1,977 posts, read 3,832,969 times
It will likely re-open, but the specific areas where the most death occurred will obviously given a face-lift and maybe re-purposed. Just like Virginia Tech, just like Columbine, etc...

Old 12-18-2012, 08:58 PM

1,566 posts, read 1,956,810 times
I was just talking about this with someone. I believe that yes, there will be paranormal activity there now due to the tragedy...the shooter even shot himself right there. I don't know what they'll do with the actual school building, but my guess is the paranormal activity may remain even if the bldg is leveled...but of course I don't know for sure.

So heartbreaking what happened.

Old 12-21-2012, 02:29 PM

112 posts, read 164,586 times
That place will be super to investigate, once the spirits get settled in, just like any location where major carnage took plce.As for being 'haunted' I think you could bet on it, if they leave it standing, if not,them the location will till retain the energy of those killed.

Old 12-23-2012, 07:25 PM

139 posts, read 154,108 times
people die in hospitals every day------- they are not haunted or torn down .------- just saying

Old 12-23-2012, 08:03 PM

15,921 posts, read 18,736,267 times
If hauntings occurred in every place someone was violently killed most of the Earth would be haunted.

Old 12-24-2012, 02:59 AM

7,201 posts, read 13,402,716 times
Perhaps someone knows the name of the Hospital in Queens NY that was torn down about 25 or 30 years ago that was haunted by a psychiatrist and the man who murdered him, then commit suicide. Too many workers there heard the sounds of running footsteps and screams of the replaying of the murder for it to be total nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal