Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 08:50 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Though apparitions do exist - but why and how is different thread - as of now, y'all need to talk to the g'ol Harry. As in - Houdini. I think HE pretty much nailed it.

Oh, and btw. From real life experience - NEVER try to contact apparitions. In ANY form. It will have disastrous effect on you and your close.
I would like to hear about this. Is it a previous thread or something you haven't shared yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 10:43 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I would like to hear about this. Is it a previous thread or something you haven't shared yet?
Me too...I'd like to hear about all the havoc these spirits caused ya!

Old 12-27-2012, 10:10 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
I've posted about it several times before over the last few years... somewhere in those 9,500 posts.

But in a nushell I moved into a historic house back in 2006 and promptly started experiencing weird stuff, from strange noises, weird lights, stuff moving around by itself and seeing the "ghost" of what appears to be the 5 year old girl who died here in 1918 on three occasions.

My wife and children have their own experiences too. I'm an otherwise borderline atheist-agnostic with an Anthropology degree and and fairly "scientific" mindset; not the kind of person who normally sees "ghosts".

Old 12-27-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I've posted about it several times before over the last few years... somewhere in those 9,500 posts.

But in a nushell I moved into a historic house back in 2006 and promptly started experiencing weird stuff, from strange noises, weird lights, stuff moving around by itself and seeing the "ghost" of what appears to be the 5 year old girl who died here in 1918 on three occasions.

My wife and children have their own experiences too. I'm an otherwise borderline atheist-agnostic with an Anthropology degree and and fairly "scientific" mindset; not the kind of person who normally sees "ghosts".
What was the part about not contacting apparitions about? I'd go dig up your old posts, but you're a chatty one so that's a lot to wade through.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:51 AM

2,398 posts, read 3,832,812 times
Tending toward fact and empirical evidence myself, I would be a non-believer if I had not spent the better part of 8 years in a house that was and apparently still is "haunted". That and seeing a UFO with another stone cold sober rational person has kept my mind open to the things that can't be explained. Like someone else said though, there are others that refuse to believe their eyes or experiences when something "supernatural" happens to them.

A favorite quote: "You may be an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of underdone potato. There's more of gravy than of grave about you, whatever you are!â€

― Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Old 12-27-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
What was the part about not contacting apparitions about? I'd go dig up your old posts, but you're a chatty one so that's a lot to wade through.
Here ya go (starting at post #57):

//www.city-data.com/forum/unexp...l-tales-6.html

Old 12-27-2012, 04:17 PM

2,398 posts, read 3,832,812 times
Chango,

Except for the solid apparition, we had similar events in the house I grew up in from age 9/10 to 17. We heard hissing voices. In the tub, head below the water we'd occasionally hear guttural and undecipherable voices. There were lots of footsteps on the stairs and in the basement, laughter, banging and crashing that was unexplained, things moving around that we'd put back only to have it back out again. Pictures "fell" off the walls, things moving in our peripheral vision, opening and closing doors, an empty rocking chair rocked, partial or misty apparitions.

The one thing that I do remember was it was a particularly turbulent (and damaging) time in our lives that stands out from before and after. I recall visiting the house before my parents bought it and being moved enough to get up in the middle of the night to beg them not to buy it. But what does a kid know right? They bought the house. If you are having family and health problems, it could be your house. Just saying.

As an adult I steer clear of places with "occupying energy". Best of luck to you.

Old 12-27-2012, 07:41 PM

I'm not sure if I mentioned it in my old post but my wife and I literally fell in love with the place when we first walked in the door. It felt like being at grandma's house, the place was "alive" with welcoming and loving feelings. I still love the house but my wife wants to move.

The general vibe here isn't hostile or evil despite all that's happened. I've mostly made my peace with the phenomenon and while things still happen on occasion I feel like I'm "accepted" by the place now.

There is only one time that things took a ominous turn... that was when my ghost hunter friends and I tried doing a ghost hunt here earlier this year. One of the things we do in a ghost hunt is put a K2 meter out with the button jammed in the "on" position, then start asking questions. Supposedly a "ghost" trying to communicate will make it light up with a EMF reading. I'm suspicious of the method but we've got quite a few readings during other hunts that didn't seem random at all (although they may be; the modern technological world is awash in otherwise mundane EMF waves!)

Anyway, it sounds crazy but it felt like the house was "offended" and felt "violated" by us trying to do it; the feeling was so overwhelming to me that I had to walk outside. I was so upset! I've never quite felt like that before. It sounds weird to talk of an inanimate object (much less an entire house) like it's alive, but there is no other way to describe it. The "house" sincerely seemed to take offense to what we were doing and made it's objections known through me.

My friends saw how much it bothered me and quit the investigation, though not before getting an EVP of what sounded like a little girl's voice (our kids were gone that night, staying at grandma's). The whole affair bothered me much worse than actually seeing the ghost... I don't think I will allow another formal "ghost hunt" at home again.

Old 12-28-2012, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Here ya go (starting at post #57):

//www.city-data.com/forum/unexp...l-tales-6.html
Thanks!

Old 12-28-2012, 07:22 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,827,137 times
Staying on point as much as possible -- for those who question, one way or the other, and/or those who also need some type of scientific evidence/empirical evidence and the like -- I trust many many people have at least heard about Dr. Kuebler-Ross, very famous physician/psychiatrist who worked with both adults and children for many many years --she is the woman who, with her extensive training, hands on training AND research came up with the five stages of grief which pretty much everyone understands and knows -- pretty much is widely acknowledged by all those in the medical field --

She also wrote several well-known books including: On Death and Dying and Children and Dying -- and she was clearly a clinician/scientific approach - and she has acknowledged in her findings, writings/books that her/these patients did not pass away alone - there was consistently someone there 'taking them' - the dying patient saw their mother, father, sister, brother, husband/wife -- they called out their names - they saw them -- and/or they said so and so was here last night....etc.

I remember vividly both of my parents [who were very very sensible and pragmatic people] who in all reality would probably never have gone along with spirits/ghosts - both said, out loud, before they died: so and so is here or just before they died, they said so and so was here and they are getting me ready.

I absolutely believe that there is a whole lot out there that we do not know; that we may not understand -- just because we do not know or understand does not mean that there isn't.

I know there is electricity; I know if I flip the switch, it comes on; flip it off, electricity goes away. I truly do not understand the entire concept of how it works, but I know it is there.

I also know/believe that we are not alone - that 'people' we love who have died are there for us - sometimes we can feel their presence - perhaps because we are thinking of them at that moment; perhaps because we feel their presence do they come into our minds/thoughts; I don't know the exact order --

I remember a spiritual friend telling me at one time - we all tend to think we are all earthly beings who, on occasion, have a spiritual event or situation -- she said we are all spiritual beings having an earthly experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal