Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 08:26 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,569,754 times

Advertisements

Once you see a ghost, you will never doubt their existence again. You also won't care what others think because you will find that most won't believe you until they see or experience for themselves.

I've lived with ghost animals and an eldely female ghost. I saw shadows of a ghost cat in an apartment as my first actual ''sighting''. I saw my only full body, 3 dimensional totally real looking lady ghost over 10 years ago and I still second guess that one, but it happened. There's no real convincing anyone about that one.

Once you know, you will be more open and have more experiences. It's all in being spiritually receptive, I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 12:17 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,640 times
Feelin' Low, you have the perfect answer. You can't "prove" that which is subjective.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:44 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,530 times
Nope, its hard to prove what most likely does not exist. If they existed why so hard to prove it? Even if they are very rare with 7 billion people where did the new spirits who make up the new people come from? Its more likely that people are just biological beings that have memory's and that makes us what we are and when we die its all gone. Just as a hard drive is gone with its dead. No spirit of the hard drive that goes on to some nether world. LOL

Old 02-04-2013, 01:14 PM

10,233 posts, read 6,317,831 times
Last summer I went on a walking tour of St. Augustine at night. We went to the Castillo de San Marco at Midnight. The fort was closed and there were no costumed re-creators on site.

We went around taking pictures. I caught one picture, with 3 other people in the shot, which defied logic. No, it is not some misty, shadowy, transparent figure. By the wall, there is a SOLID picture of a very short monk in hooded, brown robe to the floor standing by the wall of the fort. I did not see anyone when I took that picture. You cannot SEE THROUGH him to the wall. He also appears to have a very surprised look on his face. It was a very hot night and nobody in that area was dressed in long clothes.

My husband downloaded this on to my computer. Then, unfortunately, erased the picture from the camera. I sent this picture to a couple of paranormal societies. Apparently, they thought enough of it to sent it to be analyzed. Nothing found was found and they said it was a "legitimate" picture.

My computer totally crashed last year, so I do not have that picture. So, no, I cannot post it. I am very MAD that this, and other things, are gone with the computer. Lesson learned.

Old 02-04-2013, 03:41 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Last summer I went on a walking tour of St. Augustine at night. We went to the Castillo de San Marco at Midnight. The fort was closed and there were no costumed re-creators on site.

We went around taking pictures. I caught one picture, with 3 other people in the shot, which defied logic. No, it is not some misty, shadowy, transparent figure. By the wall, there is a SOLID picture of a very short monk in hooded, brown robe to the floor standing by the wall of the fort. I did not see anyone when I took that picture. You cannot SEE THROUGH him to the wall. He also appears to have a very surprised look on his face. It was a very hot night and nobody in that area was dressed in long clothes.

My husband downloaded this on to my computer. Then, unfortunately, erased the picture from the camera. I sent this picture to a couple of paranormal societies. Apparently, they thought enough of it to sent it to be analyzed. Nothing found was found and they said it was a "legitimate" picture.

My computer totally crashed last year, so I do not have that picture. So, no, I cannot post it. I am very MAD that this, and other things, are gone with the computer. Lesson learned.
Kind of like I know a friend who knew someone who saw something stragne. Hmmm.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:20 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,569,754 times
I know that what I saw was real. No doubt in my mind. And it was not a living, breathing person. I call it ''ghost'', ''spirit'', whatever.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:47 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,409,152 times
Wink I know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
Nope, its hard to prove what most likely does not exist. If they existed why so hard to prove it? Even if they are very rare with 7 billion people where did the new spirits who make up the new people come from? Its more likely that people are just biological beings that have memory's and that makes us what we are and when we die its all gone. Just as a hard drive is gone with its dead. No spirit of the hard drive that goes on to some nether world. LOL
but we just can't figure out 'who' is knocking on our living room wall every once in awhile... we go into the
bedroom to see if we have a tenant we don't remember renting to but...noone's there... any suggestions?
K

Old 02-06-2013, 09:18 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,740 times
I Listen to coast to coast radio a lot and there was a guy on there, I forget his name, but he is a well known skeptic. This was maybe a year or so ago. He travels all over the world and goes to the most haunted places.....castles, mansions, houses, buildings, etc.
He stays at these places and sometimes he even goes with the ghost hunters that have all of the high tech equipment. He is actually looking for the paranormal. In his thirty years or so of traveling and searching, he has never encountered something he couldn't explain. He would investigate things such as people hearing laughter, banging, or footsteps. He always found the logical reason for it. People would swear their house was haunted. He would stay with them until he saw or heard what they were experiencing and there was always a logical explanation. He was pretty convincing. I wish I could remember his name.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:46 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,600,888 times
I like the TAPS approach - they always try and disprove everything, finding the logical explanation, before they'll say a house is haunted. Sometimes they find the logical explanation that the homeowner didn't and sometimes they don't. I always try to approach it that way too. When I lived in an apartment I do think was haunted, I decided there are plausible alternatives for some things. Electronics going on - hm, maybe a power surge of some sort. I just didn't know. Ceiling fan going on - weirder but maybe the same, or maybe it was drafty, because it WAS drafty in there. Sudden massive chill to room...well, it was drafty in there.

But when the kitchen cabinets opened in front of me and it was not gravity because it was in the opposite direction (old house, it leaned a bit - but the other way) - that did it for me. There was also the general feeling of being watched but you can't quantify that at all. Also when the tenant in the apartment next door gave the stray cat a certain unusual name, and I told my coworker about the weird experiences but not the cat name, and she nonchalantly said, "Oh, that ghost is (same name)." That was a little wacky.

I think if you've had one paranormal experience you're open to a possibility of others. I've had some knowledge of things that I couldn't possibly know, so am open to there being other seemingly impossible things.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:02 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
When my son at age 2 pointed at something and followed it as it moved. He asked "who's that ?" In his young kid way.

He did this many night to my sister while babysitting.

One night I asked him, " What does it look like? Is it a person?"

He said back to me, " A man" "Fuzzy face" He did the action to his face for a beard.

I was kinda freaked out. But said it could be your grandfather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal