Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 06:23 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times

Advertisements

I once had a very unusual vivid dream that was kind of sad but also kind of uplifting. It was like watching a movie, only watching it as it unfolded around me in live action. Anyway, there was a young boy who had a pretty hard life, abused, poor, neglected. But his one joy in life was watching shorts of The Three Stooges. Anyway, there was a torrential storm and a flood and I was left wondering if this boy had survived being caught in a swollen river. Then I saw him and he was standing by the river looking lost. Up came the Three Stooges and called to him and he was ecstatic to see them. I was watching and I got this sad sinking feeling that he must have drowned since the Three Stooges were themselves dead by this time. I think it was four Stooges, Shemp was there.
They led him off into the woods along a path and the whole countryside and panorama became indescribably beautiful. Clouds and mists melted away and I could see the change of seasons in seconds in the most brilliant display of colors I've ever seen in a dream. It was almost like an LSD trip from descriptions. Plus there was joy at seeing what I took to be Heaven and knowing that the boy was among friends in a better place. Maybe you have to be a Three Stooges fan to appreciate it.
Another time I encountered my passed on dogs and they were more vivid and real in my dream than I can recall from memories. Enough so that I'm sure I actually encountered them. That dream had a profound effect on me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 07:50 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,925,052 times
Like most things in life I think there are several media the the generating of dreams occur.
One is interference . it can come from a few directions that are spirit.
Some are demonic, as with sexual encounters, terror, agression ,capture,
Some are God warning or providing guidance, in those whom seek God regularly .
I have been under demonic attack twice, something at my throat not allowing me to breathe, and I have no malidies in that area what so ever . The demon did not relaease till I spoke the Name Jesus out loud which was almost a whisper for the lack of breath left to make a sound .
Often I have dreams that seem to be just an observer in another place I have never been . Also found my self doing things that are not my lifestyle nor even my body .
And in these I have come to the conclussion that because our brain is electrical and there are frequencies of resinance like a chrystal from a old radio the reieves at a particular frequency and can recieve from any where globally.
Some one else ,on the same frequency at that moment is expirencing something notable and you are sharing it with them .
In some cases there are several broadcasting at the same time, so this might account for dreams that simply do not make any sense .
I drempt of a tsunami and trying to escape it . I was at the edge of a large deep valley heavily populated ,and the water came spilling over the mountain all filling the valley ,it was horrific ,even more shameful I was trying to talk a woman out of the inner tube she was floating in, and that's not my nature at all.
I remember scrambling to find transportation to escape the flood but the amount of time searching the flood had disapated ,at least i think it did . never did find a way out and woke up .
I love dreams of flight , they don't happen often but they are a welcome blessing most of the time .
These I think are some what self generated due to events around a person .
I have known those that dream about work , I never do, in fact rarely some place I am familliar with .
I do not have a wander lust necessarily, though I do enjoy meeting people from other countries and expirencing their world through their inturpretation of it .
Rarely have I drempt of any one I know ,if ever .

Old 12-30-2012, 08:43 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,738 times
To go off in a different direction for a moment........

Our brains register EVERYTHING we see and hear. Some of it is on a conscious level, while a great deal more is on a sub-conscious level.

Sometimes, when we dream, our brains pull sounds and sights from the dusty recesses of those mental filing cabinets. As for why.....damned if I can answer that one.

Not trying to discount the other theories given, just offering an alternative.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:15 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,672,460 times
OP- I would not worry that this was any demon. I believe in true nightmares and at worst night terrors, but nothing possessive.
Dreams are an amazing and mysterious thing. Most often out dreams contain events, objects and people that we encountered recently, and sometimes from our distant past. Just this morning I dreamed of my dad who is dead, and he was in that state and my step-mother...I was aggravated about something about his ashes. He died over 20 years ago and it's been that long since I've seen my step-mother.
It is very possible that this person is someone you had seen in passing during your waking life, but your conscious mind did not notice, so does not remember. However, your subconscious mind felt that this character was important.
If you have had premonition dreams, could be someone to look out for, maybe for a good thing, maybe as a warning.
Another thing to consider with dreams is that often the different characters in the dream is our brains way of showing us in an objective and removed way, the different aspects of our personality or desires we have. In dream analysis we are to view the dream in the 'shoes' of each character. Such as a dream of a woman in a box who was giving birth, she felt stuck and confined (woman) in life, but was also on the verge of a fresh and new life (baby).
If he feels so familiar to you, it could be that this is a part of yourself.
And as has been mentioned, there is the past-life factor, but was the setting right for that?

It not easy to determine what really this guy could be when all that I know about him is that he is stuck in your head.
He, to me, has no meaning out of context of the dream.
I could possibly tell you what the dream was about if you shared it. If its too personal, I understand.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:49 PM

406 posts, read 1,039,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Im not neccessarily a believer of paranormal, but im also not an unbeliever either. Im just open and dont think much about paranormal stuff. Never had a paranormal experience either.

BUT i do have very vivid dreams. Every day. I can remember exactly what i dreamed every day and have had very weird dreams wich i told with every detail to people close to me. Sometimes i had sorta prediction dreams, but i never give much importance to them, like when i dreamed that my grandma died and she did (but she was sick and obviously was gonna die soon so it doesnt count).

Anyways, the weird thing is that i dream and remember EXACT names and faces i have never seen/hear. There was this particular dream wich was very disturbing. It was about a young men, he was about my age (late 20s) and in the dream he was just there, smiling, talking to me, etc. The weird thing was that in the dream i was SURE i knew him. Like when you dream about and old friend or classmate?? well, i knew him for sure. And then i woke up, in the middle of the night, and i had his face stuck in my mind and start thinking WHERE did i knew him from. He wasnt an old classmate, and old coworker, and old friend, a present friend. Lying in bed, i started to think about everyone i know in my mind and then everyone i ve ever seen in my life and it took me a while until i came to the conclusion that he was someone i saw ONCE in one of my friends house, he was a friends of his brother. Anyways, i was relieved that i could figured it out, so i continue sleeping.

The next morning i still had his face stuck in my mind, and when i woke up for good i remembered i had come to the conclusion i knew him from my friends brother, and realize that, well, thats was NOT true. I ve never saw him in my friends house or EVER. But i still had his face stuck in my mind and, to this day, i remmember his face more clearly than faces of close friends and family. And i ve never saw him in my life and only dreamed ONCE about him, and this was like 8 months ago.

How can i remmber his face so vividly if i ve never seen him in my life?? His face just pops in my head and its clear and vivid like a real face.

What does this mean???

Vivid dreams are usually signs of things to come.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:18 AM

8,553 posts, read 10,975,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I once had a very unusual vivid dream that was kind of sad but also kind of uplifting. It was like watching a movie, only watching it as it unfolded around me in live action. Anyway, there was a young boy who had a pretty hard life, abused, poor, neglected. But his one joy in life was watching shorts of The Three Stooges. Anyway, there was a torrential storm and a flood and I was left wondering if this boy had survived being caught in a swollen river. Then I saw him and he was standing by the river looking lost. Up came the Three Stooges and called to him and he was ecstatic to see them. I was watching and I got this sad sinking feeling that he must have drowned since the Three Stooges were themselves dead by this time. I think it was four Stooges, Shemp was there.
They led him off into the woods along a path and the whole countryside and panorama became indescribably beautiful. Clouds and mists melted away and I could see the change of seasons in seconds in the most brilliant display of colors I've ever seen in a dream. It was almost like an LSD trip from descriptions. Plus there was joy at seeing what I took to be Heaven and knowing that the boy was among friends in a better place. Maybe you have to be a Three Stooges fan to appreciate it.
Another time I encountered my passed on dogs and they were more vivid and real in my dream than I can recall from memories. Enough so that I'm sure I actually encountered them. That dream had a profound effect on me.
I don't know how many believe my interpretations of dreams, but your's has all the earmarks of what I have been saying about dreams since I joined this forum.
Dreams are spirit induced, in that what you dream are in fact the thoughts and actions of the spirit within you.
Sometimes those dreams can be interaction by other spirits, where bad things happen, as in the case of what we refer to as nightmares.
Regardless of the content of the dream, it is my belief that all dreams are spirit interaction.
When we sleep, more often than not, our spirit disembarks from our body to wander.
It is during these times it travels to where it feels it needs to go, and meets with other spirits it is familia with.
In dreams we are experiencing those actions.
We don't always dream, and the spirit does not always feel the need to wander.
On those nights we don't dream, the spirit stay put.
Many times upon waking, we remember parts of what we drempt, but more often than not don't recall having dremt at all.
When we sleep, we are as close to death, without actually dieing, as we will ever be.
When you wake, and can't remember if you dreamed or not, you also have no recollection of life at all.
It is as though you had died for that period of time.
Your dream was your spirit doing as it wanted.
As your spirit, it focused on this young boy.
It may well be that your spirit knows the spirit of this young boy.
That would account for the interaction of your spirit.
The same could hold true for the three (four) stooges.
Your spirit could very well be aquainted with their spirits.
You must remember, the universe is ageless, and spirits have been around since it's inception.
During all that time, spirits are free to travel the universe, and come and go as they see fit.
Spirits do not die off, or cease to exist, but new spirits are frequently being created.
Often during a human existence, they feel the need to embark on a journey to see other places, and to seek out spirits with whome they are comfortable, and the time they choose to do this is when we sleep.
When you dream, you are in fact a witness to what your spirit is involved in.
As humans, when we remember a dream, we are often confused as to the meaning of the dream.
Often we see people whome we have never met, and upon waking do not understand how, or why we drempt of someone we do not know.
Your spirit knows, and that is all that needs to know.
Bob.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:37 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,447,145 times
With all due respect we dream every night whether or not we are able to recall the dreams.

Science of Dreaming - Section 1 - Robert J Hoss

If you are able to recall your dreams on a daily basis then you can learn the technique of Lucid Dreaming much easier than those who can't recall their dreams. I have always been a very vivid dreamer for as long as I can remember.

Once I learned about Lucid Dreaming I soon discovered that being a vivid dreamer along with the abiltiy to recall dreams upon awakening made me a better candidate for it.

Lucid dreaming | Lucidipedia.com

Old 12-31-2012, 07:59 AM

1,959 posts, read 3,101,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
To go off in a different direction for a moment........

Our brains register EVERYTHING we see and hear. Some of it is on a conscious level, while a great deal more is on a sub-conscious level.

Sometimes, when we dream, our brains pull sounds and sights from the dusty recesses of those mental filing cabinets. As for why.....damned if I can answer that one.

Not trying to discount the other theories given, just offering an alternative.
Agree with you. I dream so vividly that there are times I cannot tell the difference between what I dreamed and what actually is real. Then, when it gets really bad, I wake up during a nightmare, walk around, turn on lights, etc but...... the nightmare/dream is still occurring and I can see and hear it on top of the REAL reality. Nothing mysterious folks - I have a sleep disorder. Meds control it. So.... if your sleep is continually disturbed - go get a sleep study done.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:08 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingDeadGirl View Post
Agree with you. I dream so vividly that there are times I cannot tell the difference between what I dreamed and what actually is real. Then, when it gets really bad, I wake up during a nightmare, walk around, turn on lights, etc but...... the nightmare/dream is still occurring and I can see and hear it on top of the REAL reality. Nothing mysterious folks - I have a sleep disorder. Meds control it. So.... if your sleep is continually disturbed - go get a sleep study done.
Thank you!

Outside stimuli can affect dreams as well. For the longest time I would have these dreams about garbage trucks backing up toward me. Turns out that it was my DH's alarm clock. The sound it made was exactly like the "warning" on a large truck when it was in reverse. We changed clocks-no more dreams.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:24 PM

17,379 posts, read 16,518,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
could he be a demon??

im reading things in this forum that are beggining to scare me
I don't think so .

I once had a dream when I was a teenager. I was sitting in a convertible car with a young man with dirty blond, longish, curly hair who was wearing faded blue jeans. I leaned over and pressed my face into his hair and kissed him on his head. It was a very intense kiss, I can still "feel" that kiss as a matter of fact. I never saw his face in the dream and I didn't hear his voice but I just remember feeling very comfortable and in love with him..

Fast forward about 7 years later, I was in my 20's and in a great relationship with a wonderful guy. At some point, he brought out an old picture of himself - he was in highschool, and wouldn't you know, he had longish, dirty blond, wavy hair....coincidence? Maybe.

We've been together now for over 20 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal