Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 02:59 PM

5,900 posts, read 10,477,380 times

Advertisements

Im not neccessarily a believer of paranormal, but im also not an unbeliever either. Im just open and dont think much about paranormal stuff. Never had a paranormal experience either.

BUT i do have very vivid dreams. Every day. I can remember exactly what i dreamed every day and have had very weird dreams wich i told with every detail to people close to me. Sometimes i had sorta prediction dreams, but i never give much importance to them, like when i dreamed that my grandma died and she did (but she was sick and obviously was gonna die soon so it doesnt count).

Anyways, the weird thing is that i dream and remember EXACT names and faces i have never seen/hear. There was this particular dream wich was very disturbing. It was about a young men, he was about my age (late 20s) and in the dream he was just there, smiling, talking to me, etc. The weird thing was that in the dream i was SURE i knew him. Like when you dream about and old friend or classmate?? well, i knew him for sure. And then i woke up, in the middle of the night, and i had his face stuck in my mind and start thinking WHERE did i knew him from. He wasnt an old classmate, and old coworker, and old friend, a present friend. Lying in bed, i started to think about everyone i know in my mind and then everyone i ve ever seen in my life and it took me a while until i came to the conclusion that he was someone i saw ONCE in one of my friends house, he was a friends of his brother. Anyways, i was relieved that i could figured it out, so i continue sleeping.

The next morning i still had his face stuck in my mind, and when i woke up for good i remembered i had come to the conclusion i knew him from my friends brother, and realize that, well, thats was NOT true. I ve never saw him in my friends house or EVER. But i still had his face stuck in my mind and, to this day, i remmember his face more clearly than faces of close friends and family. And i ve never saw him in my life and only dreamed ONCE about him, and this was like 8 months ago.

How can i remmber his face so vividly if i ve never seen him in my life?? His face just pops in my head and its clear and vivid like a real face.

What does this mean???

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 03:12 PM

8,430 posts, read 10,841,482 times
The spirit within us has a lot to do with the dreams we have, and it could be your spirit knows this person.
It could be your spirit and the spirit of this person you dream about are in fact close in the world of spirits.
I believe when we dream, those dreams are the movements of the spirit.
When we sleep, that is the time our spirit uses to disembark from our bodies to go about and renew old aquaintences.
Your dreams are nothing more than a reaction to the spirit's actions and thoughts.
More often than not, when we wake, we do not remember most dreams.
If you are remembering them in your concious state,obviously your spirit has a strong attachment to the spirit of this person you are dreaming about.
Your never having met this person in your human existence , but the fact that in your dreams, he becomes quite vivid, only stregnthens my contention that it is your spirit that knows this person.

Bob.

Last edited by CALGUY; 12-27-2012 at 03:21 PM..

Old 12-27-2012, 03:26 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,875,485 times
Past life or parallel life?

Old 12-27-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Past life or parallel life?
I was thinking about past life, related to this dream, so im reading past-life threads in this forum.
What does paralell life mean??

And im also adopted, so can he be someone RELATED to me that i dont know? like my brother.

Weird thing is that he looks nothing like me. Im brunnette with dark brown eyes and he was brownish/redhead, very pale, and with freckles.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:36 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,794,180 times
Default Me too!!

I always have vivid dreams, but I think mine is weirder than yours. Like I have dreamed MANY MANY times of finding money; whether it is from a trash bag, to just picking up money off the street, or sticking my hand in my pockets and money keeps coming out.

And then what if you have a dream in a dream in a dream? Is someone playing inception with me and trying to make me forget about one thing or what?

And then like last night, I had a dream, I think it was a dream that I was receiving oral from a ghost and I woke up, screamed, and went back to sleep. But I can't get it out of my mind. I mean who was this ghost? Was it a man or womyn? Will they return? No one was in my house or in my bed, I don't have any animals; maybe someone broke in? I don't know but the orgasm was UNBELIEVABLE!!

Old 12-27-2012, 04:22 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,875,485 times
I posted a thread on the theory of parallel universes.

I had a dream last night about a guy I recognized and knew well, but have never known in this life.

Old 12-27-2012, 04:34 PM

19,104 posts, read 16,474,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
The spirit within us has a lot to do with the dreams we have, and it could be your spirit knows this person.
It could be your spirit and the spirit of this person you dream about are in fact close in the world of spirits.
I believe when we dream, those dreams are the movements of the spirit.
When we sleep, that is the time our spirit uses to disembark from our bodies to go about and renew old aquaintences.
Your dreams are nothing more than a reaction to the spirit's actions and thoughts.
More often than not, when we wake, we do not remember most dreams.
If you are remembering them in your concious state,obviously your spirit has a strong attachment to the spirit of this person you are dreaming about.
Your never having met this person in your human existence , but the fact that in your dreams, he becomes quite vivid, only stregnthens my contention that it is your spirit that knows this person.

Bob.
I agree somewhat with your comment, except I perceive my dreams as subconscious thoughts bubbling to the surface. I used to write down my dreams and then find the key words within, to help me explain what I was feeling.

Example: Many years ago, I had a dream that I drove past my previous home and saw a load of tree rounds in the driveway. In my dream, the moment I saw them, my thought was why did my soon-to-be-ex husband have all that wood delivered. He would have to split it and stack it and since the house was for sale, would it all be burned before Spring or would he have to leave it behind when the house sold?

I interpreted that dream to what we were going through at the moment. We were in the middle of "splitting" 20 years worth of possessions and deciding who would get what, arranging the sale of the house and trying to "leave behind" my former life.

Judging by my dream, this event was more disturbing than I thought it would be and was the very thing causing me the most pain. Pretty profound for me. That's when I really started paying close attention to my dreams. They do mean something; probably something that person is dealing with but hasn't addressed, yet.

Old 12-27-2012, 04:49 PM

could he be a demon??

im reading things in this forum that are beggining to scare me

Old 12-27-2012, 07:59 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,399,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
What does this mean???
That you are an excellent candidate for teaching yourself how to Lucid Dream.

I am also a very vivid dreamer and have been all of my 48 years on this planet. Everytime I dream I go to places that I have never been in my life. I have seen 100's of people that I have never seen in this life. I also tend to dream about an era of time that I have never lived in. (but maybe in a past life I lived in that era of time )

I taught myself how to truly Lucid Dream. It is truly an amazing experience and will boost your energy for days!

LUCID DREAMING

Old 12-27-2012, 08:58 PM

13,139 posts, read 22,708,718 times
I have vivid dreams quite often and once made a concerted attempt to probe my subconscious by trying create lucid dreams and confront my "deeper self" in them. I got scared off after a few successful lucid dreams after I began feeling like I was starting to get "multiple personality disorder" from doing it. I was was left with the strong impression that my conscious self was only "along for the ride" rather than "directing the show"... something that still bothers me.

There is a lot to learn about oneself in dreams but it's a scary place too... at least it is in my head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal